What is on your Geocaching Wish List for 2009 Holidays

Headhardhat

:huh: Well believe it or not, it's THAT time of year again :blink:

The geo-elves at the north pole are gearing up for another season of geocaching cheer and we want to know what all the GOOD (okay and the bad) geocachers want for Christmas (please include all other same time holidays as well we don't want to exclude anyone).

So what geocaching gadget, gizmo or goodies would you like this year? We will compile everyone's requests around the beginning of December and a complete breakdown will be posted on my blog for all to see.

If you could include why you would like said item(s) would be great. We will see what's hot and what's not. What will be the end all beat all on your holiday wish list. Remember people will be looking for ideas so send in as many as always...

:mad: Ho Ho Ho!!! :(

-HHH ;)

:huh: Well believe it or not, it's THAT time of year again :blink:

The geo-elves at the north pole are gearing up for another season of geocaching cheer and we want to know what all the GOOD (okay and the bad) geocachers want for Christmas (please include all other same time holidays as well we don't want to exclude anyone).

So what geocaching gadget, gizmo or goodies would you like this year? We will compile everyone's requests around the beginning of December and a complete breakdown will be posted on my blog for all to see.

If you could include why you would like said item(s) would be great. We will see what's hot and what's not. What will be the end all beat all on your holiday wish list. Remember people will be looking for ideas so send in as many as always...

:mad: Ho Ho Ho!!! :(

-HHH ;)

#1 on my geowishlist is a reliable geomobile that gets better than 16MPG

#2 on my geowishlist is an attractive human female (or two) with questionable morals to ride shotgun in said geomobile.

I think both items are self-explanatory.

Caching related:

1. The firetacks I ordered months ago.

2. For the cache hiders I PMed, to get back to me, answering my questions regarding their cache I can't find.

Non-caching related (that I know I won't get):

1. An ipod with video screen and megawads of space

2. A cd player in the car that interfaces with said ipod

Non-caching related that I might actually get:

1. A packet of macadamia nuts (my favourite nuts)

2. A packet of cashew nuts (my second favourite nuts)

Simple-more time to actually go out and cache.

I'd really like to be able to complete the County and Delorme Challenges. But multiple days off in a row are difficult with my current situation. And the missing pieces are the extreme ends of the state; not exactly day trips.

Edited by wimseyguy

Is it greedy to ask for better geosense/ better luck (which ever term you want to use!!)

I was planning on asking for a new gps, but I got a bonus at work, so I bought myself a treat!!

I think my geocaching wish list will be the accessory pack for my new toy I saw online.

#2 on my geowishlist is an attractive human female (or two) with questionable morals to ride shotgun in said geomobile.

Hey, now I really think you ought to come up north and go geocaching with me Bittsen!!

I'd like (and going to get) a nice PDA to put my caches on so I can do paperless.

I'm going to get printer cables to get my printer hooked up until I get the PDA.

I'm going to get a cable to hook up my GPS to my computer. Hey, it's been fun really entering all 521 of them in by hand so far, but fun always comes to an end.

And I want a geocaching sticker for the back of my car.

Hey, now I really think you ought to come up north and go geocaching with me Bittsen!!

I'd like (and going to get) a nice PDA to put my caches on so I can do paperless.

I'm going to get printer cables to get my printer hooked up until I get the PDA.

I'm going to get a cable to hook up my GPS to my computer. Hey, it's been fun really entering all 521 of them in by hand so far, but fun always comes to an end.

All this time and I was unaware that you were an atractive human female.

:laughing:

I'm tired of missing great pictures because of a poor camera, so I would like a Nikon D90

I'm not saying you shouldn't wish for whatever you want, just want to mention a couple of things:

1. I hardly ever bring my DSLR with me when I go geocaching. Of course, I lug it along for other occasions.

2. If you're wishing for a DSLR, you need to also wish for an unlimited budget on lens and other equipment :laughing:

I would like one of those olive picker-uppers for grabbing stickles off my hair/clothes, a fold up machete(someone should invent one if there is no such thing!!), for hacking through brambles, and a crystal ball, so I can find out where those caches are that I can't find. Oh and a super-duper stain remover for the knees of my trousers!

Thank you good santa

ps, I have attached the coordinates to all kids bedrooms in my house, since we have no chimney.

Dear Santa and the geo-elves,

I have been a good boy this year, and I would like:

- a premium membership

- a PC interface cable for my GPSr

- the USB to RS232 cable needed to make the archaic 9-pin PC interface cable connect with my laptop :laughing:

- a Palm Pilot so I can cache paperless-ly.

Thank you!

You can send me a private message for my address! :rolleyes:

I guess I could wish for several things, most of wich are not physical items, so they can't be gifted to me by anyone else but God. :)

1. I'd love to be well enough to go caching more, and/or to enjoy the caching when I am able to go. And along with that, better cache maintenance on my part.

2. Along the same vein, I'd like to be well enough to catch up on my cache logs, waymark logs and postings, and creating new caches.

3. I would like to go to Geowoodstock, as it is so close to me and it would be my first (and possibly only) Mega Event. At this point I'm not planning for it, but if it happens, that would be great.

4. As someone earlier mentioned, I really want a better camera. I'm obsessed with taking pictures, and there are some that I would like to take that I would need a better camera for. I understand that they are more expensive, heavier, and create the need to buy more lenses and filters, et., which also creats more stuff to lug around and deal with. This is why we haven't bought one yet, but I still want one. :anibad: Probably a Nikon D90.

This almost sounds more like a New Year's resolution thingy. :anicute::lol:

I find it interesting this year that no one really has asked for a specific GPS unit. Last year there was quite the wantings between Garmin and Delorme. Does everybody have what they want this year?

-HHH :anicute:

Yeah, I finally have regular access to a GPS for the first time, but now I can't use it. That's the way it goes. :lol:

For those mentioning cameras, you may want to consider the model I have called the Canon IXY Digital 800 IS. One of the reasons I got it was because it had been the choice of professional photographers who end up taking more pictures on this camera than they do on their dSLR. Its size makes it ideal for geocaching too. It's been discontinued at the time I bought it, but I opted for this model instead of the newer one because it had less digital noise due to having less pixels crammed on. :)

For those mentioning cameras, you may want to consider the model I have called the Canon IXY Digital 800 IS. One of the reasons I got it was because it had been the choice of professional photographers who end up taking more pictures on this camera than they do on their dSLR. Its size makes it ideal for geocaching too. It's been discontinued at the time I bought it, but I opted for this model instead of the newer one because it had less digital noise due to having less pixels crammed on. :)

A bigger PINK HAMMER so I can continue to hammer out breast cancer.

:) Well believe it or not, it's THAT time of year again :angry:

:angry: Ho Ho Ho!!! :blink:

-HHH :P

That may be the best answer to any question ever. :P

All this time and I was unaware that you were an atractive human female.

:)

...or maybe two!

On the other hand... d7248596-586e-46e4-ba3e-1161ed426c62.jpg

Edited by knowschad
I would like ALR's back but I would settle for a Chey Tac M-200 if any of you have about 14,000 to burn!

The timing is extremely ironic. Today is when they plan to execute the Washington sniper.

He was already gone when you made this post. :)

Ah.. true. I even googled and the news services haven't caught up with the events then, but I see now that he was already 10 minutes gone.

In addition to the plastic detector (google returned some interesting results, BTW, though none terribly practical) I'd like to find geocaching as enjoyable to me years from now as it is today. Though a touch less obsession would be good too.

All I really want is a shirt for Team Cotati. Any shirt. It really doesn't matter, as long as he wears it.

That, and a consistant blue avatar for BlueDeuce.

All I want for Christmas is a shirt for Team Cotati and an avatar for BlueDeuce.

It would be nice for BrianSnat to get the US Geocacher of the Year award for 2009, but I think I'm dreaming. Still, I really don't think that it is asking too much to wish for a shirt for Team Cotati, and avatar for BlueDeuce, and another award for Briansnat.

All I really want is a shirt for Team Cotati. Any shirt. It really doesn't matter, as long as he wears it.

If you're collecting donations, count me in.

Edit to add : I think I'll work on a Greasemonkey script to replace it with something that doesn't hurt my eyes so :)

Edited by Chrysalides

a plain old Blackberry Storm (not a Storm2 or a Droid) for caching on the fly while on lunch breaks at work.

Why not a droid? I predict that the next really good geocaching app will be one that runs on the droid, perhaps an extension of the

I can get a BB for $50 bucks now that the others are out. I have a friend who uses his all the time with CacheBerry and I would also like to use Geocache Navigator. Really only just as a backup to my DeLorme while at work so I can grab a cache while out "working" in an area I wouldn't have loaded on the DeLorme with a PQ.

For knowschad, Christmas comes early.

My first attempt at Greasemonkey scripting : remove Team Cotati's avatar. You can change that for any avatar by editing the image src.

Greasemonkey Script

This one is pretty straightforward - it searches for the image, and replaces it with a shirted avatar.

That is just awesome, Chrysalides! Too funny! If anyone thought until now that there wasn't sufficient reason to use Firefox before this, this should change their minds! LOL! :)