WRITE SHOP ROBERT Personal Coin

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Well...where to start?? This announcement might be a little late, since there are already 100 traveling coins on the loose, and about half of the trade version are already traded. I guess I can start with the story behind the design.

Years ago, maybe about the mid to late Nineties, a friend made me this cool handmade rubberstamp. She used some molding rubber, and made a little ball and then squeezed it into the shape of a little Hershey's Kiss. After that, she used a paperclip to poke out the design of my "R". Since she gave it to me, I've been using the impression as my "Trademark" on all sorts of places. You'll find it next to my autograph when I sign my artwork, or used as my Avatar in most places I have one. It will be on the back of Notecards that have my photography on them, and on the Notebooks too. I also use it as my Stamp when I ever go Letterboxing. I've imported the image into things like my Collectible Tradable Gamecards and other places that I have my name too. It's Me, wherever I go!!!

Now, how did it get onto a Coin? Whenever I am making my varoius Paper things...(Like Notebooks, Notecards, and all my different Game Pieces) I always save the leftover scraps and strips to use on the next project. One way that I have used these is to make little paper "Tokens" as Sigitems. Using a large hole punch(1 inch round) I would punch tokens from all the different kinds and colors of paper that was leftover. One side would get my stamp and my name, and the other side gets a Smiley Face Sticker. Then it gets laminated, and trimmed to an Octagon. I wonder if any of you have ever seen them? As soon as I started making these "Tokens" I always wanted to have a coin version made as well. The idea was to have the "R" be 3/4 inch in the middle, until RedShoesGirl made me some really cool Signature Magnets, where my "R" filled the entire round. I liked these so much that I decided to do my coins that way too. I did stick with the idea of having many colors though. There may even be more colors to come in future versions?

OK, Maybe that's enough of me going on, and on? There are two main versions of the coin so far. The regular versions are all preactivated, and are for traveling in Caches! You can see the Mission and Description here...

Current GOAL:

This Coin is on a Mission to travel from Cache to Cache, collecting pictures and stories along the way. Please help it along by logging your find, and then moving it to a new Cache. This Coin is not a regular trade item, and is not meant to be kept as a prize. Treat this Coin like you would treat any other Travel Bug. I've created these Coins and sent them out traveling for others to enjoy finding them. Please enjoy the Coin while you have it, and then send it back out for someone else to find. Thank you, WRITE SHOP ROBERT

About this item:

My Adoption Policy: I know that there are many Geocachers who like to collect Geocoins. This is one of my Personal Geocoins. Once this Coin has visited 25 Caches or has been discovered by 25 Geocachers, it is available for Adoption by anyone who finds it. If you would like to adopt this Coin, please mention that when you log the find(or you can send me an email). After the Coin is Adopted you may do anything you like with it, either keep it for your collection, or send it out as your own Traveler or even sell it or trade it.

So...The way to get and keep one of these is to find one in the wild, that has been to 25 Caches already, or has been Discovered by 25 Cachers. Then you may adopt it and keep it.

Here are the 5 Regular Editions...

Black Nickel/Green

Black Nickel/Orange

Black Nickel/Yellow

Antique Gold/Black

Antique Silver/Purple

The back side is the same color as the front, and the same design as my Look Twice Coins

(and Chris Rake's Nomads) 1.25 inches X 3.5mm, soft enamel with epoxy,

Custom Icon...coming later(will be the same as my Avatar)

755f637d-eb38-452e-8349-9f24ed5177ff.jpg

They are not released in flips, but rather in little baggies. They WILL be beat up by the time you get them. Right now they are all loose in a box together. I'm not trying to keep these in pristine condition(except my own keepers, of course).

As many of you already know, I had a 3 Special Editions made for trading at GeoCoinfest. Here they are...

These versions are UNACTIVATED, and sealed in the original flips.

2ccd1665-1ae8-4e2d-8b1b-ee778c185db4.jpg

I have already traded many of these, and some will be kept, or sent out as travelers(with the same info as the RE).

I have about 20 of each left for trades now. If you would like to trade for one of the Special Editions, please send me an email with your choice of color. I will send you the coin when I get to it, and AFTER you receive the coin, then choose a coin to send in return. I will not decide what coin you should send, but leave that up to you. I like Personals, Regionals, or Groups. That's not important though, just pick something that you feel represents YOU, or your State/Country/Region, or just something you'd like me to have. You Decide!

The colors for trade are:

Antique Gold/Green

Antique Gold/Red

Antique Silver/Blue

The colors are Translucent, and match the Gem on the GeoCoinfest side.

Those look awesome Robert, the special colors are great! I loved seeing the regular one you sent for me to start for you. It's still here in the cache I placed it in but if it doesn't move soon I'll run up and get it since it's a somewhat remote cache. I wouldn't want it to be stranded for the winter!

You've got two Look Twice Coins on the way in the same Green(the RE)...that color was inspired by your Pathtags!!

Those look awesome Robert, the special colors are great! I loved seeing the regular one you sent for me to start for you. It's still here in the cache I placed it in but if it doesn't move soon I'll run up and get it since it's a somewhat remote cache. I wouldn't want it to be stranded for the winter!

You've got two Look Twice Coins on the way in the same Green(the RE)...that color was inspired by your Pathtags!!

I remember looking at that green color!! It does look great on the finished coin!

I too like the bold simplicity of this coin. Very nice.

I love the "after 25 cachers/discoveries and you can adopt it" policy. That's a very generous and fun way to pass your coins around!

*snip*

I've imported the image into things like my Collectible Tradable Gamecards and other places that I have my name too. It's Me, wherever I go!!!

*snip*

Which game did you do cards for?

I too like the bold simplicity of this coin. Very nice.

I love the "after 25 cachers/discoveries and you can adopt it" policy. That's a very generous and fun way to pass your coins around!

*snip*

I've imported the image into things like my Collectible Tradable Gamecards and other places that I have my name too. It's Me, wherever I go!!!

*snip*

Which game did you do cards for?

Take a look at the green links in my profile. "Collectible Tradable GameCards" and the "BINGO!" cards. also the scraps from making Notecards with my photography.

What nice and easy design! I am pretty sure I will never find one in a cache "over here" so I would be happy to trade you for a antique gold/red, they are so nice. Love that combo.

Email on its way.

Thanks ahead!

grodan karin

Don't be surprized, some are already in Europe...Oh I forgot to mention...at GeoCoinfest, I handed the first 100 traveling coins to Cachers from all over the Country/World, and asked them to log the first grab, then drop them into Caches!! Look through the list, and you will see them popping up all over!!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.asp...67-92d7656db5c5

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I remember looking at that green color!! It does look great on the finished coin!

I just got them today and they look awesome!! Thanks so much!

Oh, another note on the traveling versions...I have not been logging the one's I drop. When a Cacher comes after me to a find, they will be surprised to see a coin in my path, and they will get the honor of being the first to ever log the coin! If I've found a big enough Cache lately, there's likely to be a Coin sitting there when I left!! I may also use River Cachers idea, and hide a new Cache with a big pile of them to launch??

I've received about 25 emails for trades of the GCF version, so there are plenty left.

Have you replied to any of the trade offers yet, cause I haven't seen one? Sometimes the system is selective...

I've stashed all the requests in a Shipping List, and did not reply to most. I'm new at the Bulk trading thing, but I guess I should confirm that each request has arrived. I'll start working on that.

I've sent a reply to all the requests on my shipping list. if you wanted to trade for one of these Coins and have not gotten a reply(many were just sent in the last few minutes) them please try emailing me again. Posting here will not make it into my shipping list(an email folder) so I'll NEED an email through my profile. Thanks. Of the 60 Coins I set aside to trade after GCF, I have the following left...

Green=12

Red= 10

Blue=5

If you mentioned a color in your Email then you are set, if you didn't, then you are going in the Random Selection List...I use the same method as I did on the Look Twice coins. Seal a selection of the colors in envelopes, and assign them randomly to the shipments. Thank you all for the great response! I should be shipping these this next week. AFTER you receive your coins, then send the coin/s you have chosen to trade!! Try not to make the packages too bulky, I may not get to my Post Office Box, until after the new year.

Try not to make the packages too bulky, I may not get to my Post Office Box, until after the new year.

I appreciate to have it made on your shipping list! Thank you. :D

But I can't help wondering where you might spend your time, when you're not able to check for mail until after New Year... :D

I would go insane, if I couldn't check my mail at least every other day....

Edited by ElliPirelli

What nice and easy design! I am pretty sure I will never find one in a cache "over here" so I would be happy to trade you for a antique gold/red, they are so nice. Love that combo.

Email on its way.

Thanks ahead!

grodan karin

Don't be surprized, some are already in Europe...Oh I forgot to mention...at GeoCoinfest, I handed the first 100 traveling coins to Cachers from all over the Country/World, and asked them to log the first grab, then drop them into Caches!! Look through the list, and you will see them popping up all over!!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.asp...67-92d7656db5c5

Yep! I came across this one TB37BQF at an event Friday evening :) I was looking through the basket of TB's and coins and saw it and was so surprised to see one of your coins B)

Edited by burgessfour

Try not to make the packages too bulky, I may not get to my Post Office Box, until after the new year.

I appreciate to have it made on your shipping list! Thank you. B)

But I can't help wondering where you might spend your time, when you're not able to check for mail until after New Year... :)

Stuck in California at my Brothers place while I look for a new Truck Driving job. I might have someone get my mail and box it up for me. Even when not stuck in California, as a truck driver, it can me many weeks before getting to the mailbox.

I appreciate to have it made on your shipping list! Thank you. B)

But I can't help wondering where you might spend your time, when you're not able to check for mail until after New Year... :)

Stuck in California at my Brothers place while I look for a new Truck Driving job. I might have someone get my mail and box it up for me. Even when not stuck in California, as a truck driver, it can me many weeks before getting to the mailbox.

Good luck on the job hunt.

What a nightmare not to be able to get your mail.

These should start arriving in mailboxes any day now. Started sending them on Monday. I still have some for trades if anyone did not get onto the list. There are at last 5 of each color still available.

robert,

thank you so much for your new personals. what an absolute surprise! they will be lovely additions to the few coins i couldn't part with.

rsg

A great story WSR. I had often wondered about your Avatar and why it was so "plain" for an individualised logo.

I love stories like that - they really add a bit of tradition and spice to the hobby.

Look forward to seeing one of the coins as it makes it's way east to Arabia or Africa. I'll keep my eyes open.

BTW: Have you ever considered havign a computer geek set up a website that shows where all you coins currently are int he world?