Geoswag.com

power69

It's about time someone picked up on that! LOL.

By the OP's own admission the package was sent and the company has fulfilled it's obligation to its customer.

Done....period.

Any complaint at this point is to be placed at the feet of the delivery service. By whom? Now THAT is a question to be resolved by company and customer. But do us all a favour: as much as it helps to kick in the caffeine in the morning all this personal drama is best handled off the forums. :D

now hows that for customer service!

Here's a newsflash: to get customer service the customer (that be you) needs to go to the company and ask for service. You seem to skirt around the issue of YOUR part in this while you whine about the company not doing anything for you.

For at least the THIRD time - have you or have you not contacted the company about how to proceed in this.

BTW.... Delays happen. Did you not read the anecdotal stories people have posted for your benefit?

I'm waiting for a package to arrive from Texas (ironically the trade packet I sent still hasn't got to Texas either) during which time I've had consecutive trades with midwestern states. It happens.... sometimes delivery is lightning fast (a coin sent on Sat arrived Mon - < :o >) and sometimes not < :D >.

Hi everyone, first post! I've been lurking for quite awhile now and registered a week or so ago. Complete newbie and haven't even logged a find yet.

So back on topic.

I want to thank the original poster because he brought Geoswag.com to my attention and other than the original poster they have got some great reviews. I'm going to track down their web site and do some shopping. :o

I live in the sticks and do most of my shopping on line. I've purchased many thousands of dollars of merchandise on line (currently waiting for my new GPS) over the last five or so years and I have to tell you once the product leaves the venders hands all manner of things can go wrong and I've personally experienced many of them. In the grand scheme of things 9 days is nothing. I recently had a package reach me in five days from China. Several months ago an in stock order took three weeks from a vendor in Ontario. :D

But after reading this thread if I was the vendor in question I would make sure you got your order one way or another then I would quietly put your name on my do not sell to list to avoid future aggravation! :D

So here's wishing you good luck,

Pete.

I've dealt with both Geoswag and Oakcoins in the past and have had great experiences with them, both buying geocoins from Geoswag and have geocoins made through Oakcoins.

And to the OP, please contact them directly to get this straightened out. And if you ever want to trade geocoins with anyone reading this thread, you're not helping yourself.

You should never bring a minor problem like this to the forum until you have dealt with the company first.

Well i don't consider getting ripped off a minor detail.

as for dealing with the company, they make it pretty tough.

no reply through their "support" email: red flag #1[yes i checked junk/spam folders]

tried calling their number given on receipt: its been disconnected. red flag #2

no reply through their "support" email: red flag #1[yes i checked junk/spam folders]

Hi, this is geoswag.com. Just so everyone knows, we ship our products T - F. For the most part, all orders go out within 48 hours of when we receive the order.

If you are waiting on an order which is not a pre-order, the best best it to either call us, number on our site or send support an email.

If you will PM me your order number, I will also look it up and get back to you. Note since it is Monday, I wont be able to get the information until sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for your support,

geoswag.com

I am glad Geoswag came on to defend themselves. I think you really need to contact them directly rather than bring it to the forums. They are one of the "good" companies out there and I hate to see them get a bad rap. As previously stated I purchase their coins all the time as well as other products and I have never, not once, had a bad experience with them. I am in Florida and shipping is always very quick. Please people read the topic before responding...it would save all the confusion in this thread.

Well according to the stamps.com info sent, package HAS NOT MOVED since oct 31st

take it private huh? is this a geoswag sock puppet? damage control?

so they only ship fast cross country but not one state over. hmmmm

sounds alot like this smartpost you see everyone griping about on various sites.

had i known they were a dropshipper, I would never have ordered through them.

Hi,

Just to be clear, Geoswag.com doesnt have sock puppet accounts.

As noted, the order was placed on the 30th of Oct, items shipped same day and the last time the USPS scanned the package was on the 31st of Oct, two total scans. As you noted, the tracking number from the USPS shows that the last time they scanned the package was on the 31st of Oct. Unlike FEDEX and UPS, the USPS doesnt scan packages as it travels through the system. While we agree packages usually take 7 days or less, sometimes it takes just a bit longer and packages do tend to go missing. I think some in the forums have posted stories where they have gotten their package two years later!!!

In the end, we have been around for almost 5 years. We make sure the customers get their coins or Geocaching items ordered. If there is ever a chance that a Customer does not get their order, we will work with the customer to get them items replaced. We dont have special check boxes on our site for insurance like other sites. We make sure the customer gets the coins and Geocaching supplies.

As for drop shipping, 90% of the products in our store are our own products.

You can let me know via PM what you want done at this point since we can confirm the USPS has the package.

Thanks.

Have you sent a PM to geoswag.com ?

Edited by Howlingmoon

You should never bring a minor problem like this to the forum until you have dealt with the company first.

I am so suprised to read all of this.

Oakcoins / Geoswag has outstanding customer service that does reply to emails and there phone calls.

I just called them to see if there was a issue with the phone and it is working just fine for me.

It is sad to see you are having issues on your order getting to you.

This is not Oakcoins fault the mail is lost or ?

You need to contact the mail and be rude to them and not Oakcoins.

You ordered items and they shipped them.

Why are you mad at Oakcoins when they did there part.

To me there is more to the story here.

Glad to see Oakcoins does repond to emails and Phone calls.

Thanks Oakcoins for all of your outstanding service to many of us.

And if you ever want to trade geocoins with anyone reading this thread, you're not helping yourself.

This whole geocoin thing has left a sour taste in my mouth. don't worry about me *ever* trading coins with people i don't know[unless its in person] as that will never happen.

I guess it left a sour taste in geoswags mouth as well.

Most of us replying to you had never a problem with them.

They are for me the first address to go with a huge variety of coins. They always delivered.

I'm living in Germany, so any package coming to me takes ages, anyway.

It is the postal service you have a problem with, not geoswag. They send out the coins the next day.

As you yourself admitted.

Be sure, I'll never trade coins with you. For there is every possibility, that I might have more trouble than anything else with you as a trader. Thanks but no thanks.

Trading is also about trust. If you can't even figure out, who you should complain to in this case, than there is very little hope....

And if you ever want to trade geocoins with anyone reading this thread, you're not helping yourself.

This whole geocoin thing has left a sour taste in my mouth. don't worry about me *ever* trading coins with people i don't know[unless its in person] as that will never happen.

Don't worry. I'd never trade with you. If my package took one day more than you expect, you'd probably be here smearing my name all over the forum.

No thanks! :)

But after reading this thread if I was the vendor in question I would make sure you got your order one way or another then I would quietly put your name on my do not sell to list to avoid future aggravation! :D

Do you honestly think I would even consider ordering from them again? no need to do anything quietly rofl. :)

Hi, this is geoswag.com. Just so everyone knows, we ship our products T - F. For the most part, all orders go out within 48 hours of when we receive the order.

If you are waiting on an order which is not a pre-order, the best best it to either call us, number on our site or send support an email.

If you will PM me your order number, I will also look it up and get back to you. Note since it is Monday, I wont be able to get the information until sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for your support,

geoswag.com

I am glad Geoswag came on to defend themselves. I think you really need to contact them directly rather than bring it to the forums. They are one of the "good" companies out there and I hate to see them get a bad rap. As previously stated I purchase their coins all the time as well as other products and I have never, not once, had a bad experience with them. I am in Florida and shipping is always very quick. Please people read the topic before responding...it would save all the confusion in this thread.

Well according to the stamps.com info sent, package HAS NOT MOVED since oct 31st

take it private huh? is this a geoswag sock puppet? damage control?

so they only ship fast cross country but not one state over. hmmmm

sounds alot like this smartpost you see everyone griping about on various sites.

had i known they were a dropshipper, I would never have ordered through them.

Hi,

Just to be clear, Geoswag.com doesnt have sock puppet accounts.

As noted, the order was placed on the 30th of Oct, items shipped same day and the last time the USPS scanned the package was on the 31st of Oct, two total scans. As you noted, the tracking number from the USPS shows that the last time they scanned the package was on the 31st of Oct. Unlike FEDEX and UPS, the USPS doesnt scan packages as it travels through the system. While we agree packages usually take 7 days or less, sometimes it takes just a bit longer and packages do tend to go missing. I think some in the forums have posted stories where they have gotten their package two years later!!!

In the end, we have been around for almost 5 years. We make sure the customers get their coins or Geocaching items ordered. If there is ever a chance that a Customer does not get their order, we will work with the customer to get them items replaced. We dont have special check boxes on our site for insurance like other sites. We make sure the customer gets the coins and Geocaching supplies.

As for drop shipping, 90% of the products in our store are our own products.

You can let me know via PM what you want done at this point since we can confirm the USPS has the package.

Thanks.

Have you sent a PM to geoswag.com ?

yes and just basically got a copy of what i already had. no offer of a refund or anything.

i'm getting tired of being jacked around and am just going to do a chargeback and be done with this poor excuse of a company.

yes and just basically got a copy of what i already had. no offer of a refund or anything.

i'm getting tired of being jacked around and am just going to do a chargeback and be done with this poor excuse of a company.

Did you ASK for a refund ? Geez, dude. You're impossible. Why did you even bother coming here anyway ?

:)

Did you ASK for a refund ? Geez, dude. You're impossible. Why did you even bother coming here anyway ?

:D

It is obvious this guy/gal isn't dealing with a full deck if they can't figure out that it is the USPS they should be directing their ire at. I think he/she is getting a thrill out of the attention. Probably best to ignore this thread.

No one with half a brain is going to fault geoswag on this yahoo's say-so. :)

I told you (most everyone did) that this forum was not the place to get help. You should have done what the company asked you to do. Send them a PM, did you do this? I suspect not. Or you would probably have had an answer by now. Vendors do not often spend time in these forums performing customer service. They do that at their own place of business, their website. Your unwillingness to comply is getting in your own way on this matter.

Go get your chargeback, and every one will be happy.

I ordered my very first coin ever from Geoswag 2 months ago... :) If only I had known they were trying to steal my money!! Oh wait... I got my coin in 3 days.

I just went through a shipping ordeal, I have ordered 3 different coins/sets from 3 different Canadian companies/people in the past 2 weeks. 2 of the 3 took 4 days from order to arrival, and the 3rd took 14 days. They all shipped promptly - the fact is that stuff happens, and you can't control the post office. It's really that simple.

Don't worry. I'd never trade with you. If my package took one day more than you expect, you'd probably be here smearing my name all over the forum.

No thanks! :lol:

While 9 days might have been seen jumping the gun for some, its now been 3 weeks!

unacceptable to me to go a few hundred miles

No thanks! :laughing:

While 9 days might have been seen jumping the gun for some, its now been 3 weeks!

unacceptable to me to go a few hundred miles

So go tell your postmaster that. Leave Geoswag out of it. (I too have had very good luck with them!)

They send out the coins the next day.

As you yourself admitted.

I never admitted they sent them, all i got was the email you get when you pay for the postage but that is just a label, doesn't mean its been affixed to a box and sent.

I just called them to see if there was a issue with the phone and it is working just fine for me.

What number are you calling? I have 801-821-5279

its possible their shopping cart software has an old number

I told you (most everyone did) that this forum was not the place to get help. You should have done what the company asked you to do. Send them a PM, did you do this? I suspect not. Or you would probably have had an answer by now. Vendors do not often spend time in these forums performing customer service. They do that at their own place of business, their website. Your unwillingness to comply is getting in your own way on this matter.

Well like i said in an above post i attempted to contact the company both via phone and support email given

And this didn't tip you off that the package is within our illustrious postal system? :laughing: I believe the blame lies with the postal service... like 99% of the other times packages go missing. Not much you can do except call and hope they find it and move it along...

Well i don't plan on eating this. geoswag can read between the lines as to what that means.

How about you actually get off your lazy a** and find out if the postal service has your package. Many times they leave a salmon colored slip on the front door and you have to go and pick up the package from the post office. It's worth a try unless you are just bent on being a sourpuss and not bothering to follow up with the postal service.

FYI: Just got my package from geoswag.com in 3 days! Thanks geoswag.com you're the best! :)

Power69,

I respectfully ask you, once again, to please read the post I have quoted here below, posted by geoswag.com in post #24 on the first page of this thread, posted on 11/9/09, and follow through. He asked that you PM (Private Message) him with your order number so he could look into it. Not phone, not email, but PM, so that they are sure to receive your message and they know where to find it, since you are having trouble. To PM them, go to their post on the first page, click on PM under their avatar, and send a message. Be sure to check the boxes that allow you to 1. get a copy of the PM sent to you, and 2. Track the message, so that you will know when they have received and read the message. You can't get customer service if you are not following through on what the vendor is asking you to do to help them to help you. Stop griping about a company that is trying to help you solve this issue, and follow through. They can't help you, if you don't respond to them.

Eartha

Volunteer Groundspeak Forum Moderator

Thanks for your support,

geoswag.com

Well like i said in an above post i attempted to contact the company both via phone and support email given

It looks like you wrote down the wrong phone number.

Are you sure you did not write down a wrong number on your address????

It looks like you wrote down the wrong phone number.

Are you sure you did not write down a wrong number on your address????

everything was correct. I didn't write anything down as i had the phone number onscreen in front of me.

geoswag has resent the order and I got it a couple days ago.

THANK YOU!