getting coordinates help

seeker212

Enter them manually I guess. PITA though

OK, Maybe I wasn't clear on my question, yes I could enter them manually, IF the website would give them to me, it just keeps saying plug in to down load, yes I can enter longs and lats manually, not a big deal but I need the cordinates of the geocash in order to enter them, website will not display them.

This is probably not the answer you are looking for but I thought I would throw it into the discussion anyway. In order to see the co-rds you have to be a member, either free or paid, and be logged in to the site

Brian

I have an old magellan I am trying to use for starters, it does not have download capability. On geocashing website how do I get the coordinates to enter?

This is probably not the answer you are looking for but I thought I would throw it into the discussion anyway. In order to see the co-rds you have to be a member, either free or paid, and be logged in to the site

Brian

I have an old magellan I am trying to use for starters, it does not have download capability. On geocashing website how do I get the coordinates to enter?

I'm a free member and I was logged in,

Are you saying that when you go to a cache page on Geocaching.com and are logged in to the website, the coordinates (latitude and longitude) do not show up on the cache page?

YES, it looks like I could plug in and download them if my gps had those capabilities but it doesn't, but I can't get the coordinates to show so I can enter them.

Ok, I'm still confused.

Let's establish some facts.

1. You have a Magellan GPS unit. (Note that it is not possible to download the coordinates directly from the Geocaching.com website to ANY Magellan GPS unit currently.)

2. You are logged in to the Geocaching.com website and not just to the forum site.

Are both of those correct?

If they are, you are saying that the coordinates do NOT show up for you when you visit ANY cache pages.

Is that correct?

1. What browser are you using and what version?

2. Can you confirm that the cache page shows that "you are logged in as seeker212" in the top right corner?

3. Are you checking to be sure that the caches you are looking at are NOT premium member caches?

2434xp0.jpg

Edited by Motorcycle_Mama

2. You are logged in to the Geocaching.com website and not just to the forum site.

Actually, one of the annoying things about this site is that you cannot log into the forums. You must log into the geocaching.com website.

So, in order for the original poster to be able to post, they must already be logged into the geocaching.com website (because you can't post here as a guest and you can't be logged in here without logging in through geocaching.com).

But I'm as puzzled as you. Once you are logged in, even as a free member, when you display a cache the coordinates are there as both lat/lon and UTM.

...ken...

Edited by Ken in Regina