Film clip with reference to Geocaching

Do you mean the 63 second mark?

Nice BIG cache that they find!

None of this micro/nano malarky! :)

Cool, nice find ... and nice to see the hot blond showing the geek what it's all about :D:D ... but what's with the co-ords? N 41° 10.259 W 73° 59.758 I half expected to find "something" there ... or perhaps how long will it take before someone puts something there??

This is the main Splinterheads

It's got some duff dialogue in there. At one point they are standing in the middle of a field and the girl says something along the lines of:

"We're looking for a rusty half barrel, split up!"

Erm... surely the GPSr would help here. :laughing:

Mark

This is the main Splinterheads

It's got some duff dialogue in there. At one point they are standing in the middle of a field and the girl says something along the lines of:

"We're looking for a rusty half barrel, split up!"

Erm... surely the GPSr would help here. :laughing:

Mark

I've done plenty of caches that have involved searching for caches and information without co-ordinates being provided! They are called Puzzle or Multi caches. Wouldn't be much of a film if she was just searching traditional magnetic nano's under dog s**t bins now would it!

Sooo.... how does one go about getting to watch this movie, without flying to the US!

J

Sooo.... how does one go about getting to watch this movie, without flying to the US!

J

Looks like we don't :) probably have to wait until it comes to DVD.

Although looking at Brant Sersens (writer/director) weblog there's a link to "demand" it to come to your town - http://eventful.com/performers/splinterhea...215829-4/demand I've opted for London as it's closest to me and perhaps represents a viable chance however I wonder if it would be possible to generate enough demand to have it played at the Scottish MegaEvent?

I suspect we'll have to wait until a DVD is available, and even then we might not be able to watch it because it'll be coded for region 1! FWIW, it seems the same every time a niche activity movie is released - at least it was for One Six Right (which is about general aviation and for which I'm still waiting for a region 2 release) :)

Geoff

I suspect we'll have to wait until a DVD is available, and even then we might not be able to watch it because it'll be coded for region 1! FWIW, it seems the same every time a niche activity movie is released - at least it was for One Six Right (which is about general aviation and for which I'm still waiting for a region 2 release) :)

Geoff

Can you still buy DVD players that are region locked?

Bearing in mind people are already hacking BluRay players to play multi-region, I think DVD Players are old hat and the manufacturers have stopped bothering making them difficult. I wouldn't swear on it in a court of law but I would expect that the reason many of the lower-end players sold so well was because it was "easy" to hack them. It's not illegal to hack them and it's not illegal to own Region 1 (or 3 or whatever) DVDs.

Admittedly, if you have a mid-market player (e.g. Sony, Pioneer and so on) and you didn't buy it already region free, they are a little more difficult (generally requiring hire of a "special" remote)

If you're not sure if your Dvd player can be made multi-region, a quick visit to

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

usually does the trick.