Little Quest: Tyne and Wear

Although I work in the area often I dont think I could maintain a LQ cache at this distance..

However I am sure that there must be ample hiding places close to the coords N54 53.975 W001 29.084 at the waterfowl park at Washington.. Not far away and maybe in a less muggle intense area.

Just a thought..

However I am sure that there must be ample hiding places close to the coords N54 53.975 W001 29.084 at the waterfowl park at Washington.

If you can find a decent place for a full size cache and maintain it I don't see a problem with Wearside. There have been several caches down there in the past thinking about it.

Anyone progressing with this one? Durham is also out at the moment, although a new place has been lined up. I'm planning on nipping up to the north-east from Devon for the LQ caches, but if two are out of action, it'll be frustrating to have to go all the way back another time.

I'm planning on nipping up to the north-east from Devon for the LQ caches, but if two are out of action, it'll be frustrating to have to go all the way back another time.

When are you planning on a trip? I guess I can get something up and running in T&W, even if it is just for a few months.

I'm planning on nipping up to the north-east from Devon for the LQ caches, but if two are out of action, it'll be frustrating to have to go all the way back another time.

When are you planning on a trip? I guess I can get something up and running in T&W, even if it is just for a few months.

Should be there near 16th March (a week on Tuesday) for a few days. Flexible plans at the mo. Probably heading right up to the North East for a few days, then back to East Anglia for the rest of the week before the drive back to Devon. Would be brilliant to get Durham and Tyne and Wear (Durham is being replaced soon :laughing:)

I am afraid the Tyne and Wear cache is not active. I was hoping to get a temporary one out but did just not have time. This lack of time is exactly why I am asking for someone else to take on the cache. I have identified a good place along the Tyne, but even if I get it set I am going to find it hard to maintain so am still looking for someone to take over.

Just a suggestion...could an existing cache in the 3 regions be converted if the cache owners were happy with that?

Durham is being created and is in hand.

Tyne and Wear..... PopUpPirate arranged for a temp one to be switched over when I was in the area, so the LQ numbers are on the cover of the log book on GC1CT4N - King of the Hill, so that is a good candidate for a permanent switch.

Co. Durham has been back up and running for a couple of weeks now.

:D

BTW King of the Hill is not in Tyne and Wear it is in Co. Durham...

Ah OK I read that wrong PuP changed King of the Hill to Little Quest, Co. Durham, until another was set up, that is going to be a tad confusing now that BellisClan have placed a new LQ Co. Durham in Bishop Auckland...

Edited by Us 4 and Jess