New Coin!

The Caching Place

4022601353_68bdc9cd91_o.jpg

4023359064_cb77dff31e_o.jpg

This is a pre-sale that will ship to our customers November 5, 2009. "It's a Geocacher's World" Geocoin captures the global presence of the sport of Geocaching. The colors are earth tones that represent our Earth. The 3-D transparency of the world positioned on a compass is fascinating view. The Satellite in orbit and Geo Symbol on earth proudly proclaim "It's a Geocacher's World"

It's a Geocacher's World" Geocoin is made of stamped bronze imitation hard enamel. It measures 2.0""/ 51mmin diameter and 3mm thick. This 2-D design as 8 colors on the front and 4 colors on the back. Engraved tracking code is on the back of the coin. It is packaged in a PVC pouch This coin is trackable.

"It's a Geocacher's World"Geocoin is a 2.0" , 51mm diameter coin so it is significantly larger then the 1.75" diameter Geocoin. We chose the larger size to optimize the detail of this beautiful coin. The price is slightly higher because of the size, but well worth it!

Please visit us at www.thecachingplace.com for more information.

Cordially,

Jim

Hi MustangJoni!

Thank you for the catch on the misspelling, I've already corrected it, however I forgot to post the corrected version in the forum. Good catch!

I will post the actual geocoin picture as soon as I have one.

My customers trust me on these pre-sales and we've always met or exceeded expectations! The whole concept of a pre-sale is based on trust.

I appreciate your feedback!

Have fun!

Cordially,

Jim

Hi MustangJoni!

Thank you for the catch on the misspelling, I've already corrected it, however I forgot to post the corrected version in the forum. Good catch!

My customers trust me on these pre-sales and we've always met or exceeded expectations! The whole concept of a pre-sale is based on trust.

Have fun!

Cordially,

Jim

I've been a customer of The Caching Place for several years, and it isn't a question of trust with your company. I just would like to see an actual picture of a coin before I purchase. I'm sure the coin will be a quality coin.

Hi MustangJoni!

Have fun!

Cordially,

Jim

I've been a customer of The Caching Place for several years, and it isn't a question of trust with your company. I just would like to see an actual picture of a coin before I purchase. I'm sure the coin will be a quality coin.

H! MustiangJoni!

I understand... I can't wait to be able to post the picture for you!

Cordially,

Jim

This is one coin I might buy, but I have a question about the compass rose.

In some cases the compass rose is behind the earth and in some cases it is in front of the earth.

For instance the W of NW is hidden by South America while the needle end that is pointing in a NW direction is above the continent of South America. This is disconcerting to me, but I am not an artist.

Here is a really rough version in paint that I think looks better.

ontop.JPG

This is one coin I might buy, but I have a question about the compass rose.

In some cases the compass rose is behind the earth and in some cases it is in front of the earth.

For instance the W of NW is hidden by South America while the needle end that is pointing in a NW direction is above the continent of South America. This is disconcerting to me, but I am not an artist.

Here is a really rough version in paint that I think looks better.

ontop.JPG

Hi Webscouter!

It is much more difficult trying to convey 3-D transparent images in paint & Pantone Colors. I wanted to keep the world/globe transparent as well as 3-D that's why you see the compass rose points with the tip of Africa covering the North symbol. Sometimes these things come down to personal taste....

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

Cordially,

Jim

It is much more difficult trying to convey 3-D transparent images in paint & Pantone Colors. I wanted to keep the world/globe transparent as well as 3-D that's why you see the compass rose points with the tip of Africa covering the North symbol. Sometimes these things come down to personal taste....

Cordially,

Jim

Well that changes things. Knowing that the globe is transparent and you are seeing the rose behind the earth makes for a completely different situation. That being said I would probably love the coin as is.

Thanks

Jim

Cordially,

Jim

Well that changes things. Knowing that the globe is transparent and you are seeing the rose behind the earth makes for a completely different situation. That being said I would probably love the coin as is.

Thanks

Jim

Which would be easy to see if there was a sample...

...I'm just sayin'.... :smile:

4075252423_fdefda3eb5_b.jpg

4075252767_3e6f6415e8_b.jpg

"It's a Geocacher's World" Geocoin captures the global presence of the sport of Geocaching. The colors are earth tones that represent our Earth. The 3-D transparency of the world positioned on a compass is fascinating view. The Satellite in orbit and Geo Symbol on earth proudly proclaim "It's a Geocacher's World"

Visit us at www.thecachingplace.com for more information.

Cordially,

Jim