Offline Pocket Queries

CTYankee9

Just noticed this link on my profile page and was curious as to what it is for? I notice you can upload a past PQ you have run and stored on your computer and it is listed as "uploaded". The only action once this is done is that you can delete that uploaded PQ, that I can see.

What exactly is this feature for and is there any information on the site describing what it is for?

Just noticed this link on my profile page and was curious as to what it is for? I notice you can upload a past PQ you have run and stored on your computer and it is listed as "uploaded". The only action once this is done is that you can delete that uploaded PQ, that I can see.

What exactly is this feature for and is there any information on the site describing what it is for?

Of course, the funny thing is that it's called exactly the opposite of what it is. You've actually put the PQ on-line, not off-line.

In today's releases this has been changed from Offline Pocket Queries to Saved GPX Files. Perhaps the new terminology wil be clearer. My understanding is that this is for the iPhone and other devices that can download Pocket Queries directly from the Geocaching.com site. You can upload your own GPX files to the site and then download them to your device. Most devices (other than the iPhone), one can load GPX files to directly without this extra step.

12690: Offline PQ text

Added copy and renamed Offline Pocket Queries to Saved GPX Files

Exactly right, tozainamboku. This will let you use, for example, GSAK to change Mystery cache final coordinates or any other modifications you like before uploading to the site. Then you can access the file from an iPhone (and hopefully other devices soon).

Got it, seems the text on the page has been updated with a bit more information. Very nice idea even though I don't own an iPhone!

This will let you use, for example, GSAK to change Mystery cache final coordinates or any other modifications you like before uploading to the site. Then you can access the file from an iPhone (and hopefully other devices soon).

<sarcasm>Fantastic. So instead of at last adding the possibility to enter the correct coordinates for mystery caches directly on the geocaching.com - as it has been proposed many times - I'm supposed to download the GPX file, import it in GSAK ($$$), save it, upload it to geocaching.com again, buy an iPhone ($$$$$$) and download it to that again. I'm impressed.</sarcasm>

Honestly, this missing feature is the one biggest nuisance for me.

Martin.