trackable lingo

POLE POSITION

I was recently thinking about geocaching language and using abbreviations such as TFTC, and BYOP. So I was wondering, shouldn't there be some trackable logging abbreviations like TFTB (thanks for the tb), or TFTG (thanks for the geocoin). Just an idea of mine that I'm throwing out there. I'll be happy to hear your thoughts.

Edited by POLE POSITION

Hmmmmmm..........

It is not your trackable to keep, why would you want to "thank" someone for it?

Sure, they are nice to look at, fun to photo, great to move 'em, but I think "thanks" is more inline with taking something to keep, as opposed to helping it along its' journey.

A fair idea, but I think it could plant into another's mind that trackables were for them to keep.

B):)

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I was recently thinking about geocaching language and using abbreviations such as TFTC, and BYOP. So I was wondering, shouldn't there be some trackable logging abbreviations like TFTB (thanks for the tb), or TFTG (thanks for the geocoin). Just an idea of mine that I'm throwing out there. I'll be happy to hear your thoughts.

I'm not aware of any widely used abbreviations. In most situations the only time someone is offered the option to write anything is when the bug is being Retrieved. There is usually not much to say at that point and the log is brief enough as it is. "Moving right along", "Will move to another cache".

Now there is terminology people might want/need to know better, Dip, Grab, Discover, Retrieve, Drop, Backlog, Mark as Missing, Unknown Location, etc.

Personal opinion to follow:

TTBLGCTFTC. HYCFOWISIYANAT, OYAOOLFNBUOTL!

(Took TB, left geocoin. Hope you can figure out what I'm saying if you are new at this, otherwise you are out of luck for not being up on the lingo.)

Why can't we all just write the kind of log that a cache owner or TB owner would like to see? If you took the time to find the cache, why not take the time to write the log? TFTC is fine to sign off your log, but gee whiz, it's just so dull, boring, and overused. Why must we all feel we have to abbreviate life?

Personal opinion to follow:

TTBLGCTFTC. HYCFOWISIYANAT, OYAOOLFNBUOTL!

(Took TB, left geocoin. Hope you can figure out what I'm saying if you are new at this, otherwise you are out of luck for not being up on the lingo.)

Why can't we all just write the kind of log that a cache owner or TB owner would like to see? If you took the time to find the cache, why not take the time to write the log? TFTC is fine to sign off your log, but gee whiz, it's just so dull, boring, and overused. Why must we all feel we have to abbreviate life?

Bingo! :lol:<_<:rolleyes: