Sound on a GC Listing Page

the_bell_dingers

Does anybody else think having a way to put sound on a cache listing is a good idea?

This might apply to a mystery cache where you have to go to some coords and listen for the sound, like say, a foghorn, and then move X feet in that direction.

Samples would be on the cache listing to show what to listen for.

I think embedded sounds are always a bad idea in website design.

That being said, I would be cool with a way to upload sound bites in wav or MP3 format.

Does anybody else think having a way to put sound on a cache listing is a good idea?

NO!

Sounds were disabled on cache pages for a reason. Let's keep it that way. Provide a link to the sound that users can click if they want.

Edited by DavidMac

Let me guess, your going to put rick rolled on a cache page. yuk.

Jim

Believe it or not, I did that. Just the other day. And I'm right here owning up to it in a public forum. :rolleyes:

To answer the Bell Dinger, the ability to embed sound on the cache page was removed in 2005 or 2006, to the best of my recollection. If you try it, the HTML code for doing it will be stripped out of your cache page. There is zero chance that this ability is ever coming back. B)

I believe for really old cache pages that had sound embedded, it would stay there until the cache page was edited. But I doubt that's the case anymore.