Meridian Platinum lost signal

I've had my Meridian for 3 years and never have had a problem with it. I was always able to get a lock even in heavy tree cover. I took a break from cacheing for about a year and when i was ready to start again my gps just wont lock on. Anybody else have problems like this. Here I am standing in a clearing and can only lock onto one satellite. I put fresh batteries in that morning and made sure to initialize everything. I did a factory reset and everything and I still cant get it to work like it used to. GC18CGW

4ff72fae-f9e4-4c31-aa0c-0937e7fe200b.jpg

This had happened to me two or three time when I had my MerryPlat too. The one thing that always fixed it was to do a clear all memory. You will lose your waypoints so you may want to save those first. Afterwards let your gps set with a clear view of the sky for twenty or thirty minutes.

It's been a while since I had that gps so I don't remember exactly how to get to that part of the menu to clear all memory. Good luck.

How long are you letting it try? I'd think 15-30 minutes might be needed for an initial fix. IIRC there was a menu option to give the Meridian an estimate of current position, which could speed up the process.

I was ready for that, so that morning I set it all up I left it outside for an hour before I jumped in the car.

Checked all the screws and they were fine. I reset the memory and left it outside for an hour, still no change.

Edited by The_Matneys

Matneys:

All good suggestions. I had the problem once with my Meriplat some years ago, and I believe clearing all the memory worked.

Also, be aware that if you do get the normal GPS sats working, that now you will not have WAAS anymore. If you are up for some reasonably simple firmware tweaking, you could get it back. You are on the right forum etc to find the info. Or send a PM to trainlove.