Halloween Cointest

islander1988

Well, when I made my latest geocoin with a Halloween theme, I set one version aside.

geocoin_ghost09XXLEac.jpg

The XXLE Antique Copper "Bare Metal" version wasn't sold, and only 5 coins were made in this finish. I'm keeping one, and the rest are being given away. :) One's already been given as a prize in a contest I did on a local geocaching forum. Here's the first chance for someone from the wider geocaching community to get one.

One guess per cacher every 5 minutes.

Here's the question:

On November 27, 2005 I sat at my computer, anxiously waiting for the start time, and once it hit quickly sent an e-mail, thus purchasing my first geocoin from an internet sale. What coin was it?

Edit to say:

Congrats to Ford Freak for guessing the right answer! See post #16 for cointest #2.

Edited by islander1988

2006 Ontario geocoin?

That's correct! Sorry for the delay, just had to double check that it was called the 2006 and not 2005 coin (which is what I thought it was at first).

Send me your address through my GC profile so I can send out your coin.

Another cointest coming later, after I get home from town.

Okay, cointest part 2.

It's Halloween, and what's part of Halloween? Giving treats to others. So, this part of the cointest involves nominating another cacher to receive one of these coins.

The Rules:

1) You can nominate up to 5 people.

2) You can only nominate 1 person per post, so if you want to nominate 5 people, you have to make 5 posts.

3) The winner will be the person in the post number chosen by a random number generator (hence the reason why each post can have 1 nomination).

4) You must know the address for the person you're nominating so you can tell me where to send the coin.

5) Cointest ends at midnight Atlantic time (just over 4 hours away).

Have fun!

I wish I knew his address.... I hope it is in the list...

I am talking for DJJROCK!!! He recently had a very sad moment with the loss of his baby!!! I am so sorry my friend!!!

I nominate DJJROCK and hope this little coin will bring him a smile in his face!!

My friend you are not alone!!! We are all here with you... no matter the distance between us!!!

there are so many great guys here that really deserve this coin!!!!

My next nomination will be to JohnMac56!

Why??? Because he is a great guy and a hero!!! He understood that life is a gift and he stood on his feet and fight!!! I hope others will do the same thing!!!

I will not say more! He knows for what I am talking about! :(

I nominate Dark elf!!!

Dark elf is a great person!!! He recently said something that shoed how great person he is!!!!

What he said? I didn't have the dark knight geocoin and I was in love with that coin! He posted that if he ever got one, he would split it in half so I can have one!!! some days later, I got a dark knight!! I hope he will receive one too!! He deserves it!!!! Of course I wouldn't like to destroy the coin for me! And only that he said something like that, it was like I had one!! My half knight is his until he recieves one too! :(

I believe that dark elf deserves a rare coin like this one... don't you think??

Unfortunatelly I do not have his address either! I lost many info when my PC was damaged! I hope his address will be in the list too! :D