New Idea. 'Create Cache' shortcut

Hafrik

I would like to see a new feature added to 'My Profile', possibly added to the 'Premium Features'.

Ideally this shortcut / link would fast-track you to the online form used for creating a new cache, which is then submitted for reviewal & approval before publication.

I would like to see this link labelled 'Create a New Cache'.

Would any-one else be interested in this feature being added.

Please note that I stuffed up the description & have put 'My Account' accidently

Edited by Hafrik

It currently takes just 2 clicks to get to the Report/Edit a Cache page from just about anywhere on the site (as long as you can see the Hide & Seek a Cache link on the left site, it's just 2 clicks away).

My vote is there are other higher-priority changes, or bug fixes, that should take precedence over this very minor enhancement.

I would like to see a new feature added to 'My Profile', possibly added to the 'Premium Features'.

Ideally this shortcut / link would fast-track you to the online form used for creating a new cache, which is then submitted for reviewal & approval before publication.

I would like to see this link labelled 'Create a New Cache'.

I don't think it is very useful, and not terribly inconvenient to click "Hide and Seek" followed by the "online form" link.

However, what you want can be very easily done in Greasemonkey if you run Firefox.

It currently takes just 2 clicks to get to the Report/Edit a Cache page from just about anywhere on the site (as long as you can see the Hide & Seek a Cache link on the left site, it's just 2 clicks away).

My vote is there are other higher-priority changes, or bug fixes, that should take precedence over this very minor enhancement.

It's not our job to worry about what is high priority and what is not. Some changes might be easy to make while they are re-writing other code at the same time and priority might not be a factor. Or, improving usability might be the "focus of the week" or whatever.

My point is, unless the devs have already told us it's not going to happen then it's not for us to worry about the resources it might take.

I think that the reason it is set up the way it is is to make sure that a new cache hider has at least seen the LINK to the cache hiding guidelines. What you suggest would circumvent that, and I think it very well could contribute to the problem of inappropriate hides placed in ignorance of the guidelines.

I just bookmarked the page. Problem solved.

If it was up to me the only link to "Report a New Cache" would be at the bottom of "Cache Listing Requirements and Guidelines" with a navigation check to ensure you did come through the CLR&G.

This way when CLR&G gets updated an opportunity to read it is thrown in yo face.

This actually makes a lot of sense! :)

Seriously though, make the 'Submit New Cache' page your browser start (home) page. Then there will be no delay whatsoever.