Can a finder clear his/her own NM attribute

Pajaholic

When I first visited a nano I noticed the log was full and had to squeeze my signature between two others. Because of this, I posted a NM as well as a Found it log. About a week later, I revisited the cache to dip a TB and because it has some of the best views in the area. The log hadn't been replaced, so I replaced it with one I'd printed. I contacted the CO when I got back home offering to send a scan of the log and/or the original, and mailed the original as she requested. I've just checked the cache page and the NM attribute is still set. This might put off someone filtering on the NM attribute, which would be a shame because it's a super cache location.

So, is there any way that I can clear the NM that my log put on the cache? For example, can I delete my NM log and would this do the trick?

FWIW, the cache has been found three times since I replaced the log and I did invite the CO to clear the NM attribute when I contacted her.

TIA,

Geoff

... So, is there any way that I can clear the NM that my log put on the cache? For example, can I delete my NM log and would this do the trick?

FWIW, the cache has been found three times since I replaced the log and I did invite the CO to clear the NM attribute when I contacted her.

TIA,

Geoff

Deleting your own NM log on someone else's cache doesn't clear the red cross attribute on the cache page. (I just tried doing that on a cache where I put a NM log in June).

Although you suggested to the CO that she could remove your NM attribute I'm wondering whether you explained how she could do this? Many COs don't realise that they need to do their own Owner's Maintenance log to remove the cross. If you've explained it already then there's not much more you can do... Maybe drop an email to your local reviewer to say what has happened and ask whether they can remove the NM cross on your behalf?

MrsB :rolleyes:

Thanks folks. The CO last logged on the day after I replaced the log (and emailed her). I suspect that MrsB might have the explanation - that she doesn't know how to clear the NM attribute (I didn't, and had assumed that you needed to do it from the attributes page for the cache). I don't want to appear pushy, so I'll probably drop the reviewer a line to ask whether he can clear the attribute.

Thanks again,

Geoff

Thanks folks. The CO last logged on the day after I replaced the log (and emailed her). I suspect that MrsB might have the explanation - that she doesn't know how to clear the NM attribute (I didn't, and had assumed that you needed to do it from the attributes page for the cache). I don't want to appear pushy, so I'll probably drop the reviewer a line to ask whether he can clear the attribute.

Thanks again,

Geoff

FYI: If it is a cache that you own, you should be able to edit the attributes on your own cache page which would allow you to remove the NM attribute.

FYI: If it is a cache that you own, you should be able to edit the attributes on your own cache page which would allow you to remove the NM attribute.

Thanks for the info. However, it's not my cache and my replacing of the log was "finder maintenance". I didn't replace the log right away because it's a nano with no room for a second log.

FWIW, I've found four out of 26 caches with full logs, and one is still disabled three weeks after I posted my NM log. I did have a spare A7-size notebook that I could have left as a log, but it wouldn't fit the cache container. Since then, I've assembled a variety of temporary logs and have them suitable for most micros, small, and regular caches so I can leave temporary/replacement logs for most caches I find that have full logs. I've also got a few nano logs printed, but I'm a little reluctant to replace the logs on those since there's no room for two logs and it means taking the original.

BTW, I pm'd the reviewer who's now removed the NM attribute on the cache in question, so my thanks to MrsB for the suggestion.

Geoff

This doesn't work any more.

In the past it was a 'solution', but if the NM attribute was put on the cache by a NM log, then 'Owner Maintenance' (or reviewer intervention) is currently the only way to remove it.

This doesn't work any more.

In the past it was a 'solution', but if the NM attribute was put on the cache by a NM log, then 'Owner Maintenance' (or reviewer intervention) is currently the only way to remove it.

Your second option is probably the OP's best bet at this point. Contact the reviewer and let them know that the cache has been taken care of.