just bought a topo s/d card( not sure)

tav

i just bought a 100k topo map for my garmin , looked at it breifly them off to work i went , what i saw was a bigger s/d card something i cant use and diffently wont fit in my slot , i just got off the phone with garmin and the said the micro is inside the bigger one(adapter) thats the way they sell them. just wanted to get it verified form you all also . and from what heard from garmin they only make the micro for gps's and the other one is the the adapter. just getting worried thats all. thanks

has anyone bought somthing like this .

I haven't purchased maps on SD cards before. I usually purchase the DVD so I can always have a backup. I have purchased MicroSD cards before and they usually are installed within a larger SD body or holder. This is done so that you can put info directly on it via theSD card slot on most computers.

Most newer computers have SD slots for the larger card but not for the mini or micro SD cards. To get around this problem the manufacturers of the cards give you the micro within the larger card. Once you have installed the information onto the card, you remove the micro and place it into whatever device you need it to go into.

Does this make sense.

splashy no offence but you made no sence to me in your tread about what i was asking.

and AO318 thanks for explaining this for me , yes this is what i have a micro ,(i think ) in the bigger s/d card i'll now more when i get home and actually take it out. so it's the micro that has all the info on it ....right? and the bigger s/d card is just an adapter in which that goes in the computer slot along with the micro.