Cache owner not receiving email

JustMike

This seems to be a common complaint, but probably 75% of the time its a problem with the receiving domain.

Quite often it either gets marked as spam or rejected all together.

That was my assumption, but a few test messages, including a log to one of the caches in question, caused email to be delivered as expected. A search through the spam folder reveals nothing. Email gremlins, I guess.

Someone found a series of mine and logged them yesterday. There were 12 caches but I only received around 7 emails. None stuck in spam filters and I really doubt they would log some via wap and some not! I got the first in the series and the last it was some in the middle that got lost.

Seems to be a GC.com issue.

Someone found a series of mine and logged them yesterday. There were 12 caches but I only received around 7 emails. None stuck in spam filters and I really doubt they would log some via wap and some not! I got the first in the series and the last it was some in the middle that got lost.

Seems to be a GC.com issue.

I'm having issues with not receiving notification of new caches. The cache owner said he isn't getting proper notifications regarding his new caches either. He put out 7 new caches yesterday and he got only one notification whereas he normally gets multiples for each cache. NOBODY got email notices that there were new caches out. It's got to be a bummer to place 7 new caches and not have anybody know they're out there to find. Of course, the two people he emailed personally knew about them but nobody else got notices.

I understand the desire to receive notification of a modified log but why would you want/need to be notified if someone deletes a log?

It's just one of those niceties, and maybe to find out why they deleted it.

With modifications, people add pictures (maybe of the cache location), or they may add spoiler.

I'm having issues as well lately. The last two weeks or so my communication with geocaching has simply dropped off the face of the earth. I've adopted 17 caches and even published a few as well. All the information regarding the new caches never arrived. I've been forced to check the cache details to see updates and if people have found.

What's happended to me? Did GC.com blacklist me?

I'm going to click "Enable email notification of replies" but I fear I won't get anything.

looking forward to some insight and troubleshooting.

I use Gmail, and I get all my log notifications, but I'm almost never getting my 'Contacting' emails.

It's sometimes as many as 3-4 times a week people post notes on my Virtual caches that I never gave them the OK to log, or I get emails that say it was their third try.

Edited by Downy288