2010 Indiana Spring Picnic

lakedawgs

Are the long and lat on event page to Mississinewa? I have never been to Mississinewa and I have a program for my Blackberry that shows cache loactions with street map with roads. My wife and I are talking about coming to the event. It is still up in the air.

The coordinates on the event page are for where the actual picnic is going to be held.

If you were planning on camping, the campgrounds are on the other side of the reservoir. There is an event in the campgrounds the night before and the night of the picnic.

GC240PV-The night before the picnic.

GC24Q7V-The night of the picnic.

Hope this helps.

Kelly & Barbie

(Are_we_there_yet?)

That does help. My wife and I should be able to make it. Got to wait till I get paid Thursday to make the reservations. Once we get it set we will post back with the site.

Glad to hear it! Hope to see you there!

Just a little side note for all those attending. We are planning on getting a group together late Saturday night after the Campfire Social event for a little night caching in a nearby haunted woods if anyone would be interested in joining us.

Here are the caches that we are planning on going after:

GCNPDY - Okie Pinoke, If You Dare!

GC1FFRV - Flintstone

GCVVAP - Okie Pinoke 2, Joey's Spirit

This will be the final run at Okie Pinoke 2. This 3 stage multi was archived a few years back and the second stage has been long gone for a while. We recently found where we had written down the final cache coordinates and went out and found the final stage. We have contacted the cache owner & he is going to allow finds logged for the cache for this final hunt & we were asked to pull the final stage container when we are done. Can't wait for May!!!

See you all soon,

Kelly & Barbie

(Are_we_there_yet?)

Anyone heard of a southern version (i.e. south of Indy)?

The Fall Picnic usually is check out the forum thread 2010 Indiana Fall Picnic

Hey thanks for the info! I just stared caching in Frb and have never got to go to s gathering like that.

hoosier guy, DEFINITELY plan to make the trek to the Fall Picnic. It's the largest event in the state (except for the occasional year when the MWGB is in IN) and cachers from all over come to mingle. It's a really great event. This year it will be at Boondocks Farms near Knightstown, a bit more central than south, but definitely worth the trip. Hope to meet you there!

And Are_We_There_Yet?.... HECK YEAH!!!! We're ready!!!!!!

Night caching sounds great.

I have looked at these caches before and they should be fun.

Looking forward to it...

Can I make the request now that we bring more than one GPS unit, and more than one flashlight!

And a first aid kit, and everyone where long pants.

Looking forward to it...

Can I make the request now that we bring more than one GPS unit, and more than one flashlight!

long pants??? How will you find your way out of the woods without a blood trail to follow if you get lost? :D

Looking forward to it...

long pants??? How will you find your way out of the woods without a blood trail to follow if you get lost? :D

The exact same way as last time, when everyone left two of us behind with no GPSr, and no map...yet we STILL beat the rest of you back to camp! :D

Looking forward to it...

The exact same way as last time, when everyone left two of us behind with no GPSr, and no map...yet we STILL beat the rest of you back to camp! :D

You beat us back because Floatingspots, duckm, 501 & I went and finished the night cache adventure. duckm, is quite the musical entertainer too! His songs helped Floatingspots take his mind off the pain in his ankle. We've still got the patch on our caching bag from that last cache find too! :)

Looking forward to it...

long pants??? How will you find your way out of the woods without a blood trail to follow if you get lost? :)

You beat us back because Floatingspots, duckm, 501 & I went and finished the night cache adventure. duckm, is quite the musical entertainer too! His songs helped Floatingspots take his mind off the pain in his ankle. We've still got the patch on our caching bag from that last cache find too! :)

We were there for the song part too. It was at the map that everyone left us behind, after all the caching was done. Good times...

Hello all! Can't wait to see everyone this weekend. It looks like we're going to have a GREAT turn-out with FABULOUS weather.

Here's the final campsite map before the picnic. There are still plenty of sites available, this is just the last time we're updating before we head to Mississinewa for the weekend.

Alicia (of lakedawgs)

CAMP-MAP-6.jpg

Hello all! Can't wait to see everyone this weekend. It looks like we're going to have a GREAT turn-out with FABULOUS weather.

Here's the final campsite map before the picnic. There are still plenty of sites available, this is just the last time we're updating before we head to Mississinewa for the weekend.

Alicia (of lakedawgs)

CAMP-MAP-6.jpg

Just an question but......site 337 - Daryl's peeps??? Has the 501_Gang gotten so big that he needs another site for them all, or......did he over purchase those colorful little marshmallow Easter time treats that he's bringing in a trailer load for s'mores??? :blink:

Looks like a great weekend to have a picnic. Will see everyone there.

We are SO looking forward to this! It'll be our first camping trip of the year and I am more than ready! I am currently surfing the forum here at work while I wait for a job to finish and wait for noon when I leave and we hit the road!

Mrs. Car54