Good caches for Halloween?

charliewhiskey

With Halloween weekend coming up, I thought it would be a fun idea to post caches that might be especially fitting for the occasion. I'll start by making a nomination for GC1P5CE

“You can have this cache when you pry it from ...” http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

It's mine, so I'm slightly biased. It's subscriber only and will take a few hours. The second-to-last waypoint is designed to be found after dark, but first-finder geojerry7 found it in daylight. I checked on it yesterday and, although Jake is trying to obscure the second waypoint, all is good.

Why is no one responding to Halloween Caches??? There are lots of them around Olympia, WA. For one, try Wicked Woods @ Night. Watch out for the eyes that may follow you in the woods. There are rumors of people that never made it out of the woods and are still missing.

If you really want to have a good Halloween, then join me at "The Bloated Festering Head of My Last Victim". Be prepared to deal with dead, festering Swamp people!!!! Also, bring your mud gear, because you will need it. Seems so far, everyone has changed their minds about joining me on Halloween Night. Not sure if it is too wet or too frightening!!!! :blink:

Why is no one responding to Halloween Caches??? There are lots of them around Olympia, WA. For one, try Wicked Woods @ Night. Watch out for the eyes that may follow you in the woods. There are rumors of people that never made it out of the woods and are still missing.

If you really want to have a good Halloween, then join me at "The Bloated Festering Head of My Last Victim". Be prepared to deal with dead, festering Swamp people!!!! Also, bring your mud gear, because you will need it. Seems so far, everyone has changed their minds about joining me on Halloween Night. Not sure if it is too wet or too frightening!!!! :blink:

Because they are wusses and pansies. Afraid of the dark and will melt if they get wet.

You must be "Da Man" to venture out alone in such a place and night ALONE!!

Watch where you step lest Peg or Ellylidan grab you. I have seen the bones of those who didn't survive.

From what I understand the scent of Peg or Ellylidan alone will tip me off well before they see me. Being alone allows me to travel in the shadows and darkness of the swamp. Maybe Peg and Ellylidan will be surprised at what THEY see!!!! It is Halloween Night and you never know what tranformations can happen on that night!!!! :blink:

From what I understand the scent of Peg or Ellylidan alone will tip me off well before they see me. Being alone allows me to travel in the shadows and darkness of the swamp. Maybe Peg and Ellylidan will be surprised at what THEY see!!!! It is Halloween Night and you never know what tranformations can happen on that night!!!! :blink:

Gah. This is one that the boys and i want to do dearly.

trick or treating seems to be taking precedence, however.

:blink:

We're trying to decide between doing the dupont festering head cache and some other night caches.

Would be better to do either with others.

the festering head cache might be a bit late for us. Seems it won't be as wet as I thought. I don't mind mud, just don't want to do any serious wading late at night. Seems it might just be mud.

Anyone up for any night caches on Halloween?

We're trying to decide between doing the dupont festering head cache and some other night caches.

Would be better to do either with others.

the festering head cache might be a bit late for us. Seems it won't be as wet as I thought. I don't mind mud, just don't want to do any serious wading late at night. Seems it might just be mud.

Anyone up for any night caches on Halloween?

Past your bedtime eh?

There is no wading unless you choose the wrong way in. The shortest route is not always the best route.

With a little thought, and some map Googleing you will find a good launching site.

I already know the easiest way to launch ourselves to the Festering Head. But the easiest way is not always the most fun way. Getting wet is all of the fun!!!

Who said it would be easy?????

There are no easy ways in.

I have been there from all compass points. Few are dry, some are wetter than others. But then I bask in the moisture and sunlight.

I just wish I had more of the sunlight at this time of year.

Maybe I am like Sol Seeker.

Will she venture into the darkness to seek my head?????

Swampy

I already know the easiest way to launch ourselves to the Festering Head. But the easiest way is not always the most fun way. Getting wet is all of the fun!!!

Who said it would be easy?????

There are no easy ways in.

I have been there from all compass points. Few are dry, some are wetter than others. But then I bask in the moisture and sunlight.

I just wish I had more of the sunlight at this time of year.

Maybe I am like Sol Seeker.

Will she venture into the darkness to seek my head?????

Swampy

Ah Swampy, I will so miss your aroma this year....enjoy your latest victims....

Ellylidan will be disappointed.

I am sure he was looking forward to a tasty female snack. But then he is unpredictable in who he will let go and who he will chew the fat of.

I heard screams the other night from Hoffman Hill area. He may have been lurking over there lately. Seems a group of Geocachers disappeared.

It has been reported that nearby, Red Glowing Eyes, have been seen.

Halloween Night...11pm....42 degree temperature...and heading deep into the swamp where Elllylidan had been seen on many occasions. I had tried for over a month in the forums to get a group together but no one could get over their fright to go with me. My daugher, who is only 17 told me she would be glad to go with me. We entered the Swamp around 10 pm and immediately fell into waist deep water. With the temperature near freezing, the water along was a jolt but with the smell of the mud, it was almost more than we could take. After the mud, it was Bushwhacking time. It wasn't long until we were almost exhausted!!! The Moon was almost full and for a Halloween Night, that could only mean Trouble!!!! However, with all the mud, water and bushwhacking we continued on our trip to the Festering Head. Finally we spotted something in the woods ahead. What we saw was a Red Glow. As we got closer we saw the glow came from the skull of of a skeleton of something that was laying on the ground. We knew this spelled trouble ahead. Finally we made it to GZ and were checking out the Cache. As I was on the Cell phone letting my wife know we were safe, my daughter begins to turn off her light and tells me that she hears something breaking limbs. All of a sudden one of the most terrifying sights I have ever seen BURSTS through the trees with a scream that could knock the leaves off the trees. IT WAS SWAMP THING!!!! We had entered his swamp and he was not going to let us leave...at least not leave ALIVE!!!!! So what did I do...What any father would do...Give him Nicole for letting me leave Alive. And Nicole seem happy about the trade. She thought he was cute and that he looked better than many of her friends. So I grab my light and walking pole and head out of the woods alone after midnight on Halloween Night. All of a sudden out of a mist on the road ahead, I see some kind of form appearing. Could it be the Swamp Thing coming back to take me back into the Swamp? Or Could it Be....Or Could it Be????? Yes it WAS!!!! IT WAS NICOLE!!! She had gotten away from Swamp Thing and was back with me...alive and well. Finally I got the real story from her. Once they got where Swamp Thing could see her, he was so Frightened that he ran deep into the Swamp. Her looks and Smell had chased him away and she found a road that brought her back to me. Finally reunited again, we think back on our Halloween Adventure at "The Bloated Festering Head of our Last Victim" and remember all the fun we had. This was a GREAT cache and we both said it was the GREATEST Halloween that we had ever had.