Stolen TBs?

dcigary

My Geocaching backpack was stolen from the front seat of our car this morning. I had a borrowed GPS in there that is likely gone, but the rest was just extra pill bottles, swag, misc. Unfortunately there were three TB's in there as well. What should be done with them? Should I report them as MIA? Hopefully the backpack was ditched after they got the GPS and the TB's are still there, but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks.

If after a certain time it becomes apparent that I won't be able to find the TB's, would it be acceptable to create a replacement TB? I've run across a few that state they are replacement TB's. I guess it's not quite the same as the original object, but at least it keeps the spirit alive!

If after a certain time it becomes apparent that I won't be able to find the TB's, would it be acceptable to create a replacement TB? I've run across a few that state they are replacement TB's. I guess it's not quite the same as the original object, but at least it keeps the spirit alive!

You can only replace your own TB. If the bug has been confirmed lost, fire, flood, etc. you can replace it immediately. If it is just missing from a cache or being held by another you need to wait more towards a year before re-releasing.

By the way, if you still show the bugs in your drop inventory the owners need to Mark them as Missing or Grab the listing back from you. Afterwards they can decide if they want to re-release their bug.

Edited by BlueDeuce