PQ no longer running

germanybert

I have a PQ called Traditional Caches near home that seems to no longer be running. I have it set to run every other day but it as not run since 19 Oct.

I can preview it and it provides the results ok.

Is the a normal problem with PQs? Do they only run a certain number of times or for a certain number of days?

Its happened to some of mine in the past as well. To get round the issue I make a copy of the faulty one and set it to run then delete the old one.

I don’t think there is a limit on how many times they run as I’ve some PQ’s that have been running for years without a problem, it just seems that sometimes one or two just decide not to run for some reason. I never have understood why.

The problem is the way that PQs are queued for running. When the queue is set up, the PQs that have not run in the longest time go first. So the first ones run are those that have never run at all. Once those are run, then the longest since run are run until either the day runs out or the queue is empty. By running a PQ every other day, you are putting that PQ near the end of the queue each day it is set to run. The best advice it to set up several PQs to get the information when you want it and not run any one more than once a week. If that means four identical PQs then so be it.