Convert Pocket Query Waypoint Downloads to Geocache for Garmin?

somegeek

I got a premium membership and downloaded a couple of large queries, however, they import to my GPS unit as waypoints and show up under there vs the Geocache menu option. Is there something I need to tweak in order for these to show up on my Oregon 300 correctly?

Thanks,

somegeek

Don't dump to many PQ's in there. The geocache limit is 2000

Thanks for the heads up! I need to do some filtering and then save my PQ GPXs locally in directories to load when needed. :signalviolin:

2,000 geocaches

200 GPX files

The limit you hit first will prevent loading of additional geocaches. So 4 PQs with 500 unique caches in each will max you out (if there are duplicates/overlap the GPS will not create a duplicate entry), as will 200 individual GPX files using the [send to GPS] button from the cache pages (a pain to maintain, but nice if you just want to add one or two caches quickly).

And remember you can load 1,000 waypoints!

Don't dump to many PQ's in there. The geocache limit is 2000

Thanks for the heads up! I need to do some filtering and then save my PQ GPXs locally in directories to load when needed. :signalviolin:

2,000 geocaches

200 GPX files

The limit you hit first will prevent loading of additional geocaches. So 4 PQs with 500 unique caches in each will max you out (if there are duplicates/overlap the GPS will not create a duplicate entry), as will 200 individual GPX files using the [send to GPS] button from the cache pages (a pain to maintain, but nice if you just want to add one or two caches quickly).

And remember you can load 1,000 waypoints!

Will my Oregon 200 notify me that I am attempting to load more than 2000 unique GCs?

Will my Oregon 200 notify me that I am attempting to load more than 2000 unique GCs?

Yes, you'll get a warning the first time you power on after loading the file that causes you to go over 2000 caches. It's fairly obvious, something like "You've loaded more than 2000 geocaches or 200 gpx files".

Thanks for this - I need to clean up my PQ-fu then... I noted ~2800 GCs within these overlapping PQs(a lot of duplicates) and with loading all GPX PQs, I don't get the error message. :blink: At least I am able to load the ones I want at this time. :blink:

Edited by somegeek

I've never actually tested this but I have a theory that the limit is actually 2000 unique geocaches. If there is overlap you'll only get the results from one of the PQ's and it is supposed to be the data from the most recent file although there is a bug with this right now on the Oregon's and Dakota's.

I've never actually tested this but I have a theory that the limit is actually 2000 unique geocaches. If there is overlap you'll only get the results from one of the PQ's and it is supposed to be the data from the most recent file although there is a bug with this right now on the Oregon's and Dakota's.

Right - that's what I was thinking as well.. meaning I am doing some pretty sloppy PQs. :blink: