Paperless caching with an iPod

Artsifrtsy

A couple of years back before I got my iPhone I read a post about how to use your iPod as a storage device for descriptions logs and hints - have been trying to find this process for a friend - can anyone remind me of the process? Can you do it with the iPhone app on an iPod touch - or is it better to load them into the contact file? <_<

A couple of years back before I got my iPhone I read a post about how to use your iPod as a storage device for descriptions logs and hints - have been trying to find this process for a friend - can anyone remind me of the process? Can you do it with the iPhone app on an iPod touch - or is it better to load them into the contact file? <_<

There is a Geocaching app, it costs $9.99. If you are using an iPod Touch, you will need a separate GPS, and of course be in wifi range to update finds and etc..

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...242503&mt=8

Edited by JaySTE

There is a Geocaching app, it costs $9.99. If you are using an iPod Touch, you will need a separate GPS, and of course be in wifi range to update finds and etc..

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...242503&mt=8

This may be better and it's free, at least I think so ... http://www.maccaching.com/

Edited by Native20559

OUCH! $9.99?? I use iPlunder, from the iTunes app store. Found caches on it without using my gps at all. Also, it only costs $1.99 and is absolutely awesome. :anibad:

I have an iPod Nano 3gen which I've exported caches into using Notes (from MacCaching). The problem is, it only takes 200 caches, even though there's way more room on the iPod. I'd be interested in learning about exporting as a vcard, which I see MacCaching offers as an option. Anyone try this on a regular ol' iPod (not Touch or Phone)?

Thanks,

BiPR

I use iPlunder, from the iTunes app store. Found caches on it without using my gps at all. Also, it only costs $1.99 and is absolutely awesome. :)

I just saved a GPX file onto geocaching,com. You know the new feature for premium members! if you have used gc.com to store your gpx file, can you tell me how you got it into Iplunder.. I tried the URL that shows at the top of the page and IPlunder would not accept it

I use iPlunder, from the iTunes app store. Found caches on it without using my gps at all. Also, it only costs $1.99 and is absolutely awesome. :D

I just saved a GPX file onto geocaching,com. You know the new feature for premium members! if you have used gc.com to store your gpx file, can you tell me how you got it into Iplunder.. I tried the URL that shows at the top of the page and IPlunder would not accept it

Same result here? Does anyone know how to get the download link for the saved GPX files that you upload to GC.com?

I use iPlunder, from the iTunes app store. Found caches on it without using my gps at all. Also, it only costs $1.99 and is absolutely awesome. ;)

Same result here? Does anyone know how to get the download link for the saved GPX files that you upload to GC.com?

Ahoy!

Thanks for purchasing iPlunder, we really appreciate it.

The geocaching.com link will take you to a web page that will allow you to 'click to download', it's not a direct link to your GPX file.

Our crew uses DropBox.com to load files into iPlunder. The service is easy, fast and free.

BTW, we've just released version 1.5 of iPlunder! Yarrr!

Thanks for the support and suggestions!

Capt. Bill

The SalemPirates