Tracking Number

IdaLabs

When I log a geocoin, there is a line that says "Use ______ to reference this item". It's a different number than the number on the geocoin. Do all geocoins have two numbers? Can someone explain this? Where do I use that number to "reference the item"? I'm sure there's a post somewhere that explains, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

When I log a geocoin, there is a line that says "Use ______ to reference this item". It's a different number than the number on the geocoin. Do all geocoins have two numbers? Can someone explain this? Where do I use that number to "reference the item"? I'm sure there's a post somewhere that explains, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

If you was posting a coin here you would use the reference number. If you post the tracking number people who hadn't seen the coin could log a find where with the reference number you can't. An example sweetlife is selling some activated coin so he has the reference number posted so people can put that number is the trackable search and it will bring up the page for that coin. People who found a coin would use the tracking code on the coin to log a find.

Thanks

The reference number is the public number (will NOT allow you to log a discover, grab or retrieve log) Feel free to post the reference number in your log or forum post.

The tag number (or tracking number) is the private number (secret number that allows you to log a discover, grab or retrieve log) Never post the tag number online or show the number in a posted picture.