What GPS' are cheap and have an Interface Jack for basic Lat/Long Geocaching?

When I mean Geocaching, I don't mean geo-caching specific GPS devices, just something in which I can easily add the lat/long and which has waypoints and an Interface Jack

I'm looking at the eTrex H and the Garmin Geko 301, though i don't know if the later is a little basic

also, any links to buying cheap serial interface cables would be greatly appreciated.

Jargon explained would be great, thankyou! :anicute:

The eTrex H has the high-sensitivity receiver system that the Geko 301 lacks. I recommend you choose the eTrex H.

As for the interface problem, all you need is a USB-to-RS232 cable. They go for as little as $2 on eBay.

Thankyou for the advice, but when I looked up images of these cables i could only see a 9 Pin Male socket and a USB. How does this connect to the GPS?

The eTrex H has the high-sensitivity receiver system that the Geko 301 lacks. I recommend you choose the eTrex H.

As for the interface problem, all you need is a USB-to-RS232 cable. They go for as little as $2 on eBay.

Thankyou for the advice, but when I looked up images of these cables i could only see a 9 Pin Male socket and a USB. How does this connect to the GPS?

By the USB connector.

...ken...

Edited by Ken in Regina

By the USB connector.

...ken...

No, it connects to the COMPUTER with the USB plug, but the eTrex H has a serial port, and that's what the 9-pin connector is on that adapter. If you move up to a Legend HCx or one of the other newer models, they will have a standard mini-USB on the unit, so any USB cable you have lying around for a camera or printer or whatever will work.