Fingers crossed...

I THINK I got a great deal, as full price including S&H was just under $300 for a refurbished unit with 1 year warranty through Garmin...I decided on this unit instead of the Colorado because I had a chance to try both of them for a few minutes in a local sporting goods store, and decided I really like the touch screen option. Hopefully it'll live up to the rave reviews and the few low points won't be too annoying to live with.

I suppose this wouldn't be a bad time to consider telling hubby we're going to be proud parents of a new, improved GPSr? :anicute:

I think you'll be more than happy with it - I absolutely love my 300.

My factory refurbished 300 has given me three months of trouble-free operations and I really like it. Be sure to register it on Garmin's website and call to have them reset the registration date to your receipt date. My unit was still registered to the prior user with a 2008 date until I called. The "reset" process took only about sixty seconds. Edited by Ladybug Kids

I just got my Oregon 400t yesterday and so far love it. Very easy to use and I use it primarily for GCing and have a Garmin Street Pillot to get me to the parking area and then use the 400t from there. Accuracy so far is between 13 feet and 0 ft of all GC's I have searched for.....

I have been using my Oregon 400t for 6 months now. Paperless no hassle caching is great. Mine is the UK model with Uk topo's and basic world base maps. I am currently on vacation in Canada (Toronto) and have very sucessfully found several caches here with my 400t. Satelite reception is good and average accuracy is around 6 - 10 feet. We have located every cache we set out to find. I began geocaching with my iPhone which also gives great paperless caching so together these two units are all I need to geocache sucessfully anywhere.

Unit arrived yesterday while I was at work. I took it with today to putter with (I drive truck, so PERFECT for checking stuff like this). I ran it alongside my eTrex Legend HCx...So far, I'm VERY impressed with the mapping loaded on the unit, compared to the eTrex...one thing that I found though, is although the roads and streets show on the Oregon, turn-by-turn mapping wasn't available until I inserted the micro SD card with City Navigation... :) It would only draw a straight line (not exactly how I drive) without the card. I also did a little checking with the paperless caching...WOW. I haven't hunted yet, but I can't wait to try it out!! It looks like things will be SO much easier now!

More info to follow as I use the unit more extensively...

I THINK I got a great deal, as full price including S&H was just under $300 for a refurbished unit with 1 year warranty through Garmin...I decided on this unit instead of the Colorado because I had a chance to try both of them for a few minutes in a local sporting goods store, and decided I really like the touch screen option. Hopefully it'll live up to the rave reviews and the few low points won't be too annoying to live with.

I suppose this wouldn't be a bad time to consider telling hubby we're going to be proud parents of a new, improved GPSr? :)

Tatooed Lady,

Did you purchase the unit directly from Garmin ?

Thanks.