DJ.J.ROCKS Photo Cointest

DJ.J.ROCK

I had a nice time looking through my albums and found some nice pictures.

First:

a funny building near Gävle, Sweden and yes...there is a cache to find.

9f486105-cc04-45cd-ad6d-d598eb116d66.jpg

Went to Naomi/ Mousekakats summer event and the fan in our car broke in the afternoon. It was a very hot couple of days so I just could not see ourselves go home in that car by daytime so we headed home in the evening around 10. A couple of hours to drive and our sweetie slept like a beauty.

37b8e4f7-0f5c-4356-9631-b6aa7a1a46d9.jpg

Here is a view from my parents kitchenwindow in summer. Love that peaceful view.

ac51f232-39f4-4ffe-836f-27e6af38db64.jpg

Here are our easterlucheggs 2008.

35e96609-cc30-4527-8d38-1cdc44b4c5c1.jpg

A cute halloweenghost.

23403b2e-18de-41b9-b7ac-5919adfe5c63.jpg

A very ugly orch-troll-creature spotted at the Medevial festival in Leksand, summer 2009

e6b75f0f-3a81-4597-a9ed-3d19722ebf64.jpg

Enjoy!

Thanks again for this cointest.

grodan Karin

Gotta check the weather channel before you head out caching!! :blink::blink:

3686674290_8c62edda5f_b.jpg

This is NOT a multiple exposure or Photoshopped. ;)

And you say...

;) "Well Grid, How the heck did you take that!?! :mad:

:lol::lol:

The things you find when you have insomnia!! :blink:

One night I ran across this photo site that was about "Camera Tossing".

Basically, first you set your camera for a 2 second exposure. Then you focus it on an object. Then press the shutter button as you toss your camera into the air causing it to spin by flicking your wrist. Hopefully keeping the object in the field of vision as the camera spins around in the air. Then, you catch your camera before it hits the ground!! You can do this during the day, but taking pics of lights in the dark gives the best results. IMHO :)

Easy!! ;)

:blink::blink:

:P

D-man B)

Edited by gridlox

Here's another one that I took after I came to my senses and decided to quit throwing my $700 digital camera in the air and instead just let it spin by it's strap instead. ;)

I call it "Candle In The Wind".

As in a "wind up toy", not a "windy day".

Because it's a picture of a candle took in the dark after winding the camera on it's strap and letting it unwind after pressing the shutter button.

3686691328_1de301d428_b.jpg

Kinda cool, huh!?! :mad:

D-man :blink:

Here's another one that I took after I came to my senses and decided to quit throwing my $700 digital camera in the air and instead just let it spin by it's strap instead. ;)

Because it's a picture of a candle took in the dark after winding the camera on it's strap and letting it unwind after pressing the shutter button.

Kinda cool, huh!?! :mad:

That is pretty cool.

And here are two of the most fantatstic shots that I have taken this year!!

3868162339_ccc862c439_b.jpg

3921123333_005ffe8c98_b.jpg

These are pics of my daughter.

On July 24th of this year she was at band camp when she was involved in an accident.

They had broke for lunch and she was accidentally hit by one of her fellow band mates as he backed out of the parking space without looking. The force of the hit threw her backward onto the pavement where she hit her head. ;) She had a severe head concussion and a fractured skull. She spent 3 days in intensive care and an addtional 3 days in the hospital before getting to come home. It has been a long rode to recovery, but she has shown us miracle after miracle in her recovery by doing better than the doctors expected her to be able to being doing according to "their" timeframe of what she should be able to be doing. Unfortunately she lost her hearing in her right ear and her sense of smell, but it hasn't detered her a bit in doing what she loves more than anything on this earth.

MARCHING BAND!!

She plans to go to college to become a band director and the doctors say that there is no reason what-so-ever she shouldn't pursue just that. With this being her senior year we were so worried that the accident would derail her plans for her future. But she is very strong willed and very set in what she wants to do!! Before the accident she was voted by the band to be co-band leader and leadership over her woodwind section. When asked if she wanted to step down because of the accident so she wouldn't have that pressure over her, she replied with an "Absolutely NOT!"

The pics above are from Aug 28th!! The night of the very first time she set foot back on the marching field.

To say we were proud is a huge understatement. :blink::blink::blink:

I think my wife cried the whole performance!! :mad:

Edited by gridlox

Here are some pictures I made during my trips around in germany, france, sweden, greece and italy with my canon powershot a80, canon 3000, eos 450d and nikon e7900

I hope it is not to much picture spam.

libelle_4ry7i.jpg

This picture was taken out of a kayak 10 with a distance of 10cm from the dragonfly.

sadly my batteries were empty, when I found a plant with nearly 20 dragonflies.

leuchtturm_filtered_62x8x.jpg

This is a light house in Warnemünde, germany and the so called "Tee-Pott". It was build in the GDR and is a restaurant.

rostock_499ns.jpg

This is a picture of the two beacons of the port entrance in Warnemünde.

pano-hro_41xqh.jpg

This is a panorama picture of the skyline of Rostock. Under my point of view is a cache ;)

24-12-08123_3jx1f.jpg

Well, this is a boat :mad:

dscn7185eyla.jpg

This is a fisher boat at the beach in Heringsdorf, germany.

eiffel-schrg-sw-2txrx.jpg

The Eifel Tower in Paris, France.

The city with 3 statues of liberty :blink:

pisa18_52aw3.jpg

This is the dome in Pisa, Italy. Picture was taken from the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

dscn9238hk_6bbb3.jpg

This is Stockholm, Sweden.

I really like the colours in the city.

kreta2009139_3tams.jpg

Well, just a cornfield in Crete, greece.

Edited by Lauchi

And now my last pictures, I would like to post.

flug029_5cbwm.jpg

This picture shows the "Kraft durch Freude" buildings at the island Ruegen in germany.

It was build by the Nazis and is now a memorial and museum about the bad times. The buildings were more then 5km long. More infos in the wikipedia article

flug039_5zaff.jpg

This is another picture from my flight above Ruegen. It shows the light house on top of the island from the point of view a bird would see it ;)

iga10_5k9vb.jpg

How an ant would see the world :mad:

This are gigantic blades of grass. They belonged to the international garden festival in Rostock, Germany.

messe1005_4bbp3.jpg

And last but not least the skywalk in the city of Hannovre, Germany.

Empty but working.

Oh Wow! We have a lot of really talented photografs here.

I don´t know if I can overbid this beautiful fotos. But at least, I can add some of my snapshots

This was in Mecklenburg Vorpommern in Germany

CIMG1486.JPG

CIMG1596.JPG

This was on our last holiday on Mallorca:

CIMG2384.JPG

CIMG2446.JPG

CIMG2600.JPG

CIMG2602.JPG

CIMG2347.JPG

I think thats enough for now ;)

Greetings from Germany and thanks a lot for the cointest!

It is an interesting contest ... what makes a good photo? Sometimes it is the subject, sometimes the moment, and sometimes the artistry. I take many many photos, and it is hard to pick why I love some of them.

Two weeks ago, we went to Niagara Falls. The setting there was so beautiful, I think it was hard not to take good pictures. Night pictures are always a challenge, and I think these turned out well. I might post more later of other parts of that trip.

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

On July 24th of this year she was at band camp when she was involved in an accident.

They had broke for lunch and she was accidentally hit by one of her fellow band mates as he backed out of the parking space without looking. The force of the hit threw her backward onto the pavement where she hit her head. :signalviolin: She had a severe head concussion and a fractured skull. She spent 3 days in intensive care and an addtional 3 days in the hospital before getting to come home. It has been a long rode to recovery, but she has shown us miracle after miracle in her recovery by doing better than the doctors expected her to be able to being doing according to "their" timeframe of what she should be able to be doing. Unfortunately she lost her hearing in her right ear and her sense of smell, but it hasn't detered her a bit in doing what she loves more than anything on this earth.

MARCHING BAND!!

She plans to go to college to become a band director and the doctors say that there is no reason what-so-ever she shouldn't pursue just that. With this being her senior year we were so worried that the accident would derail her plans for her future. But she is very strong willed and very set in what she wants to do!! Before the accident she was voted by the band to be co-band leader and leadership over her woodwind section. When asked if she wanted to step down because of the accident so she wouldn't have that pressure over her, she replied with an "Absolutely NOT!"

The pics above are from Aug 28th!! The night of the very first time she set foot back on the marching field.

To say we were proud is a huge understatement. :D:D:D

I think my wife cried the whole performance!! :sad:

D-man B)

My best wisheds. I'm glad she's doing well. :D

They had broke for lunch and she was accidentally hit by one of her fellow band mates as he backed out of the parking space without looking. The force of the hit threw her backward onto the pavement where she hit her head. :signalviolin: She had a severe head concussion and a fractured skull. She spent 3 days in intensive care and an addtional 3 days in the hospital before getting to come home. It has been a long rode to recovery, but she has shown us miracle after miracle in her recovery by doing better than the doctors expected her to be able to being doing according to "their" timeframe of what she should be able to be doing. Unfortunately she lost her hearing in her right ear and her sense of smell, but it hasn't detered her a bit in doing what she loves more than anything on this earth.

MARCHING BAND!!

D-man B)

First of all I have to say your Daughter is a Very Pretty Girl. Second of all I am sorry to hear what you and your family went thru and and her pain she went thru, but I cannot imagine what it must be like to know that she is a miracle to still have in your lives. No Parents ever want to see their kids pass before they do. The whole story I cried my eyes out. Even know we do not know her I give her my continous prayers and glad she is a determed young gal. It is great to hear that she is a go getter and nothing is going to stop her. I feel so happy to know she never gave up. Congratulations on Having such a brave Daughter. Keep up the good work and I hope she gets to acheive her goals in life. Thank You Gridlox for sharing these pictures of your daughter and your story. :D

MARCHING BAND!!

D-man B)

I had a severe concussion about 30 years ago and lost my sense of smell too. Tell your Daughter to

look at the bright side! You'll never be able to smell a Skunk. I picked up a baby skunk a couple of months ago and it was really Fun! Not even a whiff! (although my husband and our dog got a few! oops!) You can change anybody's diaper! :D And you'll never gag again when you have to use the outhouse when you're Geocaching! God Bless and keep up the Positives!

Time for me to add some shots. Some of these are so old that they are scans of prints!

05.jpg

My little girl at 11 months.

01.jpg

My girls at Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia

02.jpg

A wolf spider in my back yard

03.jpg

Dickson Falls, Fundy National Park, New Brunswick

04.jpg

Upper Salmon River, Fundy National Park, New Brunswick

(part of an 11km hike to get a cache :()

Here's another one that I took after I came to my senses and decided to quit throwing my $700 digital camera in the air and instead just let it spin by it's strap instead. :(

Kinda cool, huh!?! :)

D-man :)

Not just kinda.... very.

They had broke for lunch and she was accidentally hit by one of her fellow band mates as he backed out of the parking space without looking. The force of the hit threw her backward onto the pavement where she hit her head. :( She had a severe head concussion and a fractured skull. She spent 3 days in intensive care and an addtional 3 days in the hospital before getting to come home. It has been a long rode to recovery, but she has shown us miracle after miracle in her recovery by doing better than the doctors expected her to be able to being doing according to "their" timeframe of what she should be able to be doing. Unfortunately she lost her hearing in her right ear and her sense of smell, but it hasn't detered her a bit in doing what she loves more than anything on this earth.

MARCHING BAND!!

To say we were proud is a huge understatement. :):anicute::D

I think my wife cried the whole performance!! :)

D-man :D

Great story, D-man. Many well wishes and thoughts for a complete rehab.

Wonderful Story of a very determined young lady who does not let anything deter her dreams, thanks gridlox and congratulations.

Out caching today, found a very interesting cache "Airmail High" GC1FZ9C by DRMOO, here are a few photos

The trail into the cache

005.jpg

Arriving at GC

007.jpg

The cache about 20 ft off the ground

008.jpg

When I found how to lower the cache, it was clear fish line that ran about 30 ft away thru a pulley system (I have mail)

012.jpg

The walk out was just as enjoyable to the eye

013.jpg

014.jpg

This picture is another from our trip to Fort Sumter in Charleston, SC. As we left the boat I liked how the waves hit the fort. Fort Moultrie (another of Charleston's forts) and Fort Sumter face each other and guarded the inlet. It is from the British attacking the fort that South Carolina gets it's state tree. The outer walls of Fort Moultrie were made out of palmetto trees and the cannon balls could not penetrate the walls ... hence the "Palmetto State". Charleston was also the scene of Blackbeard's blockade in May of 1718. Blackbeard managed to capture a boat of prominent town citizens. He then held the for ransom ... a chest of medicine. The hostages were later released (supposedly without their clothing) and Blackbeard continued to sail northward. It was also in Charleston at White Point that Stede Bonnet ("the gentleman pirate") was executed on Dec. 10, 1718.

8e5762db-a0ba-4216-8a47-3758f60a3a63.jpg

We were in the Cherry Grove section of Myrtle Beach, SC looking for an earthcache. After we found it my father and I traveled about 5 blocks down the street to this location. It is the Northern-most beach in South Carolina that is accessible by the general public. The only beach farther north is privately owned and used by the university student of a near by college to study marine life and ecology.

dab6dbff-6fff-454f-adf5-c58634cb06ba.jpg

This beach is located in Georgetown, SC. It is near a cache that we were not able to locate. Although, it didn't help that we were looking at the cache page for an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT cache! :blink: Later found out we had been right on top of it, but did not look there due to the description given in the "page". We are determined to get it next time we go back. Oh well ... we may not have gotten the cache, but the view was amazing!

a55e3b5f-f62a-4aac-b11a-00940d82e5f9.jpg

In case you haven't guessed ... I love history and culture! :blink:

ok there a little old now but i took them so they can be submitted.

Im in Kent UK and on November 8th 2007 we was issued a Tidal surge warning that the sea will rise by 2 meters threatning our flood defences and the possability of flooding 100,000 homes.

the following were taken during and after the surge:

Here we can see the fishing deck on Deal Pier

DSCF90731.jpg

Here we cant as the wave engulfs it, also the split second i took the shot i got a seagul as well

DSCF9074.jpg

The waves pounding the sea wall defences

DSCF9086.jpg

DSCF9088.jpg

The after effects to clean up....... 100 tones of stones along the prominard, road and also houses along the coastal streach of deal

DSCF9079.jpg

probably my favourite i took, I got very wet on this one

DSCF9083.jpg

Next batch of pictures : some good shots of our cat Chiepoo. He's a handsome 7kg fellow who likes to play pranks and sleeps on his back. Here goes!

2965426250028999818S425x425Q85.jpg

Out of breath after some wild run

2506376670028999818S425x425Q85.jpg

What does that e-mail say?

2676830710028999818S425x425Q85.jpg

Music! I love music. Weee!

2550190820028999818S425x425Q85.jpg

Nothing like a good nap.

All those pics are a bit old. Chiepoo is bigger now! But the chime obsession and the sleeping position are still the same!

Enjoy!

Here are a few I took.

The dog one I just hppened to catch at the right time!

The first 3 scenery ones are from Stehekin, WA this past summer.

Then the 2 others I took in Alaska on our cruise in Sept!

OrderHereDukeandRosie101009.jpg

251viewwithflower.jpg

6213_100445451161_654716161_1980834.jpg

This one is the "rainbow bridge" in Washington. It is the rainbow bridge, over Rainbow Creek, along Rainbow Creek trail, on Rainbow Mountain. The next time I visit I'm definitly taking along the ashes of my beloved pets to lay them to rest at the real Rainbow Bridge!

rainbowbridge.jpg

8928_138848516161_654716161_2460961.jpg

And I can't believe that I caught the iceberg calving!! (that's ice falling off)

8928_140150091161_654716161_2471565.jpg