You are (not) alone.

aniyn

Well, I'm kind of excited. I was driving along when I noticed something special about the car in front of me:

car.jpg

I managed to snag a picture at a red light. I have no idea who this person was. Anyways, it's the first time in 3 years I've seen such a thing (come on, I wear my geocaching hat like all the time!), so it feels like a big deal.

So I guess the question is, how many times have you spotted a cacher who isn't out in the wild?

Bonus question: Am I weird for finding this exciting?

Edited by aniyn

Well, I'm kind of excited. I was driving along when I noticed something special about the car in front of me:

car.jpg

I managed to snag a picture at a red light. I have no idea who this person was. Anyways, it's the first time in 3 years I've seen such a thing (come on, I wear my geocaching hat like all the time!), so it feels like a big deal.

So I guess the question is, how many times have you spotted a cacher who isn't out in the wild?

I notice them mostly in Ann Arbor.

Bonus Answer: Yes, yes you are, but show me somebody who isn't and I'll show you somebody with something to hide. :laughing:

I'll answer the bonus. No, you're not wierd. I once saw an out of State van with a huge Geocaching decal. I figured they were just passing through town, but a couple of days later, the guy logged one of my Earthcaches, and I put two and two together. It was Grandparent's in town visiting children for a few days. I contacted them via email, but we never did hook up for caching.

P.S. I see people with Geocaching decals and license plate frames quite a bit. Except I know who those people are. :laughing:

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I notice them mostly in Ann Arbor.

Bonus Answer: Yes, yes you are, but show me somebody who isn't and I'll show you somebody with something to hide. :surprise:

I wonder why?!?!

It wouldn't have anything to do with time/space coupled with latitude/longitude placement, would it?

:blink::laughing::P:)

We probably would see more, but then, we don't see too many Honda's in a cedar swamp. Not too many cruising Lake Superior, either. We do however, notice a lot of vehicles parked where one wouldn't 'normally' expect to see one parked (like where we know there is a cache -- duh). As far as the ID sticker, occasionally. :D

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Been caching for a couple of months and saw my first car yesterday. Had the TB vinyl sticker thing on the back. Was able to tailgate enough to get the number and discover it later that evening. Kinda cool I guess. Not super interested in meeting up with him or anything, but yeah, first time for me. What I'm really surprised is at how small those things are, how do you expect to write down the numbers unless you're at a red light. Lucky me, I have a friend who does vinyl stickers as a side business, so I'm gonna have him cut me one the size of my entire back window and slap it on, lol.

Just last Tuesday afternoon we were driving home from three days of caching in Wenatchee, WA. I was driving in the left lane just South of Bremerton, Wa. and noticed a Honda Coupe with OH JOY Wa. License Plate. OH JOY is one of our top geocachers in the state. Since, I didn't see any Geocache stickers, I wasn't sure it was her. As I passed her, she noticed my W7WT license plate and a bunch of GEO stickers on the back of our Land Cruiser. She pulled in behind us and then passed on the outside lane waving to us. I flashed my lights and sent her an e-mail saying how nice it was to see her. Dick

Edited by W7WT

Been caching for a couple of months and saw my first car yesterday. Had the TB vinyl sticker thing on the back. Was able to tailgate enough to get the number and discover it later that evening. Kinda cool I guess. Not super interested in meeting up with him or anything, but yeah, first time for me. What I'm really surprised is at how small those things are, how do you expect to write down the numbers unless you're at a red light. Lucky me, I have a friend who does vinyl stickers as a side business, so I'm gonna have him cut me one the size of my entire back window and slap it on, lol.

I think most people will find them parked where caches are nearby, such as a park or levee/rail-trail. I recognize a few local cacher's vehicles when I'm out and about. Nothing quite like seeing that familiar truck when I thought I might have an FTF. :anicute:

I flashed my lights and sent her an e-mail saying how nice it was to see her. Dick

see her what?!?

Guess, I am going to have to quit signing my name. If I had signed it Richard, then you would want me to describe what her Richard looked like. (no name)