There were 200 Moun10Bike V1 coins made...

Six Little Spookies

#168 here. I've held # 100, too.

I didn't look at the list that Eartha posted from him his trackable page but I highly doubt there is still one in a cache anywhere.

A few years ago there was a rush to get these (again) and people starting emailing every holder asking the same questions that you are (is it in somebody's hands that isn't caching anymore, in a kids drawer, etc.)

I would be shocked to see one these change hands at this point unless somebody was in dire straits (but that's another can of worms).

Are there still a few sitting out in unfound caches

Nope.

Or maybe hiding in the drawer of a cacher who has since quit caching?

Yep.

Quite a few geocoin collectors have done research to track down the whereabouts to v1 MBs with varying results... generally it's considered bad form to pester people.

No, these are not like the Jeeps at all. Moun10Bike is one of the very first geocoins ever. They are produced by a cacher, and sent out by him alone. These are not a corporate promotion. Moun10Bike is one of the earliest geocaching members. It's his personal geocoin, and he had a non-trackable version, then came out with several other versions. There are not that many, and that is why people want them. Moun10Bike does not want people to sell his geocoins, they were not made for that purpose, and they are all still owned by him, under his profile.

Oh... I have never seen one from close and I do not think I will ever see or have in my collection.... :o

they are so pretty.... I am wondering... did any of the V1 even get in Europe?? I do not know for the other versions too... but I do not think V1 ever made it!!!

I was wondering... the V1 were not trackable... so.... if you were lucky enough to find one you were keeping it???

And... for the other versions.... They have goals, right? you can not keep any if you find them, but they are made to travell.... so the ones for a collection are gifted from Moun10bike himself??

Well... I do not think any geocacher would sell this coin.... but on the other hand... you never know how life is...

Oh... I have never seen one from close and I do not think I will ever see or have in my collection.... :anicute:

they are so pretty.... I am wondering... did any of the V1 even get in Europe?? I do not know for the other versions too... but I do not think V1 ever made it!!!

I was wondering... the V1 were not trackable... so.... if you were lucky enough to find one you were keeping it???

And... for the other versions.... They have goals, right? you can not keep any if you find them, but they are made to travell.... so the ones for a collection are gifted from Moun10bike himself??

Well... I do not think any geocacher would sell this coin.... but on the other hand... you never know how life is...

I hold #193, one of the last v1 coins given out by Moun10Bike as a gift, which I received during a day of cache hunting on Whidbey Island, Washington. It's most definitely trackable, and most definitely not for sale. Just like every other Moun10Bike coin.

Edited by The Leprechauns

Oh... I have never seen one from close and I do not think I will ever see or have in my collection.... :anicute:

I hold #193, one of the last v1 coins given out by Moun10Bike as a gift, which I received during a day of cache hunting on Whidbey Island, Washington. It's most definitely trackable, and most definitely not for sale. Just like every other Moun10Bike coin.

Oh!!! so they were trackable!!! ;) WOW!!! I thought that the first moun10bike coin was a kind of a signature item, a non trackable one!!! :( Thank you my friend and congrats for having such a great coin!!! :)

Well I have #178 :(

And #2?

I'am still searching all those years the caches for one of it. But Europe is far, far away, even for Moun10Bike(s) ;)

#2 is a coinament not a ver1

:anicute: ok, fill me in. What's a coinament??

During the Christmas season, Moun10bike made geocoins wtih his family's picture on one side, and a christmas Moun10bike logo on the other. He sent them out as "Christmas cards" to his geocaching friends. The picture of what it looks like is on the link provided above.

Well I have #178 :)

And #2?

I'am still searching all those years the caches for one of it. But Europe is far, far away, even for Moun10Bike(s) :(

#2 is a coinament not a ver1

:anicute: ok, fill me in. What's a coinament??

During the Christmas season, Moun10bike made geocoins wtih his family's picture on one side, and a christmas Moun10bike logo on the other. He sent them out as "Christmas cards" to his geocaching friends. The picture of what it looks like is on the link provided above.

WOW! I wish we were friends with moun10bike!!!! :o Hey, Mount10bike...?? Can we be friends??? ;)

Ok, without jokes etc, I wish he was here and we could speak with him, and get to know him!

Now that I post that (wish Moun10bike was here in the forums and we all could talk and get to know him better)..... is the guy who created the geocaching game in the forums??? Well, he is still a geocacher...right?? ;)

Unfortunately I do not even know his geocaching name! :anicute:

he posts here alright, I got a stern word from him a couple weeks ago, so I'm already on my way to getting one of these, lol