Geocachers

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :laughing:

OH MY GAWD! I think MM has sprung a leak! Anybody got some duct tape?

Well, I hear the best stuff is available at this time of the year, generally in the sporting goods area. It isn't as shiney as the stuff you can get the rest of the year. Wally World is a good place to start, because you can probably grab a cache or two in the parking lot.

71,100 cachers have over 200 finds.

I would venture a guess.... the majority of cachers have logged less than 200 on geocaching.com .

I would also venture a guess....the majority of cachers do NOT log their finds on the Web.

note: I base this on logsheets in my current and past hides. Most of those names on the logsheet are not seen anywhere in the on-line geocaching find logs.

Therefore, I would guess there are actually 271,100 geocachers finding caches.

71,100 cachers have over 200 finds.

I would venture a guess.... the majority of cachers have logged less than 200 on geocaching.com .

I would also venture a guess....the majority of cachers do NOT log their finds on the Web.

note: I base this on logsheets in my current and past hides. Most of those names on the logsheet are not seen anywhere in the on-line geocaching find logs.

Therefore, I would guess there are actually 271,100 geocachers finding caches.

Hey..... wouldn't that number be a SWAG?????????

:D:P:laughing::blink:

Using my previously proven powers of deduction I'm gonna say KnowsChad meant that explains why you have time to ask all those questions.

Oh, so that also explains why knowschad is on here almost every day all day. :blink:

If he works I bet his boss would like to know how much time he spends on the Forum everyday :laughing:

Using the user ID# URL, it seems that there are now over 2,750,000 accounts.

Active? no telling.

42 is always the right answer.

The alexa site seems wildly inaccurate to me

Says that German cachers use the site more than U.S. cachers! maybe they compared one U.S state to Germany?

113,899 caches in Germany

71007 caches in California

It wouldn't surprise me that German cachers are the second largest user group, but not the largest.

Using the user ID# URL, it seems that there are now over 2,750,000 accounts.

Active? no telling.

42 is always the right answer.

OT

I've gone down 42+...

nothing.

No no no!

I'll give you a clue, though, to find the right number requires a small piece of fairy cake and a Total Perspective Vortex.