WALK THROUGH the WORLD

Vanelle

I've been working for a few months now on some coins. The highest priority for me was to pull together a personal, non-trackable signature coin to drop in caches. If you've peeked into the mailbox thread, you already know they arrived a just before the 999 event. I left my first few in Seattle caches last week.

There are two versions, silver and gold. The gold version is for cache drops only. The silver version is available for trade. I'm hoping that some folks have their own personal coin they'd like to swap for it. I'm going to have these with me at GCF. If you like them and want to trade for them, just come find me at the event and say hello. I would prefer to trade in person, because that just adds to the fun. But that's not always possible, and I have a feeling the posts here will begin to pile on the shiny glory of new coins only available at GCF in the coming weeks. If you aren't going to the event, and want to arrange a trade, just drop me a note through my profile.

So, the coin design itself is pretty personal.

The front features some elements that appeal to me and say something about my geocaching style. I travel a fair amount and publish a lot of puzzle and earthcaches. The little stars in the sky are really constellations - my favorite (Orion, harbinger of winter here in the northern hemisphere) shows up just under and to the left of the question mark.

The back has this little "Vanelle" logo of a girl walking thorugh the world. I sketch that quick cartoon in every log I sign. Behind the V is a compass rose, and behind that, the topo map for home. You can see my house, barn, and roadside corner. I picked the deep blue on the back because it reminded me of blueprints (I am a landscape architect).

The quotes are both apt and sentimental. One is from an experience with a lifelong friend, and one, from a song that has sentimental meaning in my marriage. I have a fondness for words (can't quite shake the english major out of me), and these fit for both my lifestyle, and caching. Reshif and Cricket are my kids.

So there you have it - the official announcement! Now, for the pictures:

debf7162-aab0-4df0-b0a7-26fe7ed98783.jpg

Silver - available for trade at GCF or via profile if you aren't attending the event.

01af8016-dc22-4de4-81b8-91a16b96b935.jpg

Gold - Cache drops only. Walk through the world and find one.

Hello!!! :o Your coin is amazing my friend!!! Be sure that the trade only version will dissapear very quick in the event! :anibad: It is a lovely coin!!!

The silver is fantastic but I like the full metal one too!!! With that you have all the cachers! the ones who like the full metal coins and the others who likes colored coins!

hmmm I like coins generally... so... :D

I wish I had my own personal or a trade.... well... if you are planning to visit Greece and do some geocaching... come to Rhodes too!!! <_<:blink:

Congrat's! I really like it too :o Nice to read about all the meaning behind the coin, making it all the more special!

If you're going to GCF, I'd love to trade in person otherwise I'dbe happy to trade by mail too <_<

nontrackables are my fave!

tsun

Ok, I just did what bothers me most when people post in my threads (lmao). I totally looked at the picture without reading everything and than commented about something you had already addressed :D . Looks like you'll be at GCF, lol. Least I still get excited about coins :anibad:

Congrat's! I really like it too :o Nice to read about all the meaning behind the coin, making it all the more special!

If you're going to GCF, I'd love to trade in person otherwise I'dbe happy to trade by mail too <_<

tsun

Ok, I just did what bothers me most when people post in my threads (lmao). I totally looked at the picture without reading everything and than commented about something you had already addressed :D . Looks like you'll be at GCF, lol. Least I still get excited about coins :anibad:

Haha, I had to work very hard at not scrolling doen to the pic 'til I had read everything!! It wasn't easy.

tsun

Haha, I had to work very hard at not scrolling doen to the pic 'til I had read everything!! It wasn't easy.

You were stronger than me! :blink: