A new reviewer!

Welcome Antheia... Good luck in your new "job".

Just a thought for the future, would it be a nice idea if Groundspeak made an official announcement when they enlist a new volunteer for an area rather than relying on someone spotting a new name?

What and spoil all the fun :) waiting to see how long it takes for someone to spot the news. You never know he might wish to remain anonymous for the moment, hence no official announcement.

Groundspeak usually leave announcing new Reviewers to their local community, to those who recruited them the Local Reviewers. But do officially announce and welcome each person to the Reviewer Community.

Antheia requested a quiet start on becoming a Reviewer, his colleagues have honoured that request. Where we do not receive such a request in the future, we will of course make a Official Announcement. Any one who is asked to join the Reviewer Team receives a big shock, on receipt of the Invitation, it takes some slightly longer than others to recover :)

I would like to thank Antheia for accepting the Invitation, I am personally looking forward to working with him :)

Deci

Welcome Antheia... Good luck in your new "job".

Just a thought for the future, would it be a nice idea if Groundspeak made an official announcement when they enlist a new volunteer for an area rather than relying on someone spotting a new name?

What and spoil all the fun :laughing: waiting to see how long it takes for someone to spot the news. You never know he might wish to remain anonymous for the moment, hence no official announcement.

And not even an "unofficial" heads-up when you saw a group of cachers on Sunday! :blink:

And another one... hello Chiastolite :laughing:

Yes indeed, Chiastolite has joined our UK team of reviewers. There is some speculation about where he is based as she has been reviewing caches in South Wales and Southern England. Don't be confused, as I'm doing the 'training' with him it was logical to use the areas I cover to show her the ropes.

So please do welcome Chiastolite to the team.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources

Yes indeed, Chiastolite has joined our UK team of reviewers. There is some speculation about where he is based as she has been reviewing caches in South Wales and Southern England. Don't be confused, as I'm doing the 'training' with him it was logical to use the areas I cover to show her the ropes.

So please do welcome Chiastolite to the team.

But, Chiastolite's profile page states:

I am only away of Newport, Gwent or Newport-on-Tay :laughing:

Even bigger give away ...... congratulations Mrs Von-Horst :blink:

That's a pretty big give-away - after Mike (of Von-horst) denied being the new reviewer with a big smiley this evening on the South Wales Geocachers forum - I did think I should put money down on t'other alf :laughing:

Thanks for approving 2 of my caches (under Graculus' wing) tonight, you magpie! And best wishes for the future under your new role!

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

Welcome to Antheia and Chiastolite, does this mean Deci's able to have a holiday now? :surprise:

:):surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise: No then I'd have to do even more house work :laughing:

Welcome Helen-Chiastolite :blink:

well for the first time since 2003, the UK has 6 local Reviewers :P to be honest it's looking like the workload will stay the same even with the extra help :surprise: as the No's of caches submitted on a daily basis continues to rise. :surprise: [we forgot to mention that to both when they were asked to join us :D ]

Deci

:P Hello from Chiastolite :D

Well done Mapleleaf for spotting the obvious clue in the Von-Horst page - knew it wouldn't take long for some enterprising chap to discover my true identity ......

so ...... taking off the comedy mask :laughing: ...... it's Me ...... Helen AKA Mrs Von-Horst.

I'm really excited about joining the reviewer team and looking forward to publishing lots of great caches.

Graculus is acting as my mentor while I get the hang of things and is being very understanding at my lack of IT knowledge :blink:

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Helen/Chiastolite/Mrs Von-Horst (Oh dear this Split Personality is getting out of hand :) )

:P Hello from Chiastolite :D

Well done Mapleleaf for spotting the obvious clue in the Von-Horst page - knew it wouldn't take long for some enterprising chap to discover my true identity ......

so ...... taking off the comedy mask :laughing: ...... it's Me ...... Helen AKA Mrs Von-Horst.

I'm really excited about joining the reviewer team and looking forward to publishing lots of great caches.

Graculus is acting as my mentor while I get the hang of things and is being very understanding at my lack of IT knowledge :blink:

Helen/Chiastolite/Mrs Von-Horst (Oh dear this Split Personality is getting out of hand :) )

Congratulations Helen :surprise:

Out of interest, what parts of the UK wll you and Antheia be reviewing?

But, Chiastolite's profile page states:

I am only away of Newport, Gwent or Newport-on-Tay :D

Moot point now - but you've just upset all those people in Newport, Isle of Wight (and Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Yorkshire, Essex, Gloucestershire, Norfolk - and Somerset ( N 51°00.372', W 002°58.499')) :laughing::blink::P

Oops .... sorry, Newport folks. (but I did say that I was aware of ... but sloppiness typed it 'away of') .... and if you google Newport, UK you only the one in Gwent. (However, should have remembered the IOW)

Oops .... sorry, Newport folks. (but I did say that I was aware of ... but sloppiness typed it 'away of') .... and if you google Newport, UK you only the one in Gwent. (However, should have remembered the IOW)

... and even Google is wrong now as Gwent doesn't exist any more - it's now Newport Newport... (or Newport, City of Newport)...

More problematic for South Wales is that there's another Newport in Pembrokeshire - something that's caused problems to the emergency services in the past where ambulances were sent to the wrong Newport...

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

I am only away of Newport, Gwent or Newport-on-Tay :D

Moot point now - but you've just upset all those people in Newport, Isle of Wight (and Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Yorkshire, Essex, Gloucestershire, Norfolk - and Somerset ( N 51°00.372', W 002°58.499')) :laughing::blink::P

.. and Shropshire (and probably many others) ...

Casnewydd would narrow it down a lot, and Casnewydd-ar-Wysg would surely be unique (though I have never seen that form used in practice).

Anyway, a big welcome to both new reviewers :)

:surprise: Hello from Chiastolite :surprise:

so ...... taking off the comedy mask :surprise: ...... it's Me ...... Helen AKA Mrs Von-Horst.

Graculus is acting as my mentor while I get the hang of things and is being very understanding at my lack of IT knowledge :surprise:

Helen/Chiastolite/Mrs Von-Horst (Oh dear this Split Personality is getting out of hand :surprise: )

Congratulations Helen :surprise:

Out of interest, what parts of the UK wll you and Antheia be reviewing?

That is something we will discuss between ourselves once both have finished the horrendous :surprise: training course :blink: and received all their Groundspeak issued equipment [body armour for events, Flame Proof Suits for the forums, oh and Ankle biter proof socks :P:laughing: ]

Chiastolite will I'm guessing cover South Wales with Graculus plus other(s) TBC.

Antheia will of course be taking Jersey & Guernsey off my hands :D and we will discus other areas.

Both have come on board to reduce the work load on the rest of the UK Reviewers, but we have to be careful not to overload them with work :surprise: [too quickly that is :) ]

Deci

Oh and consider this a official announcement :surprise: we have no one else in the pipeline to come on board as of this moment. As to the future, well time will tell :surprise: