Blackberry Curve 8900

okie-wan

Yes, fellow readers, I went to 'Search' first, and yes, I got my 'Search Error' message, so here I am.

I am new and have a 60CSx. I keep reading articles about paperless caching. Is this for us un-tech, Cro-Magnon type people?

My wife has had it for several months now and didn't know it has mapping/GPS capabilities. She is an "infidel" and has no interest in caching. I leafed through the manual and also found the CD that comes with it.

My question is: Should I open this can of worms or just go merrily on my way in complete ignorance and continue to learn my GPSr? Seems that paperless caching is used mainly by the "old salts."

Welcome to the stone-age Okie.

We too, still enter coords manually. But we also keep our vehicles for 12-18 yrs, on average.

I suppose that is yet why we are still old-tech. Ain't nutin' wrong with the GPSr that we use, so.........

Those going paperless love it, and I think you would too (we would, but we are cheap/poor - your choice).

If you have the capabilities, I would suggest going paperless. We will in the future, just not now!

We have done well with our low-tech system and will stay that way until necessity dictates otherwise.

Go out and doittoit! :D

In my opinon you have the best GPSr....Now you need a PDA of your choice to carry the cache information...If you check out my "profile page" will see what I have done with the help of GSAK to turn my 60csx into a limited PDA....TO get all you CAN GET OUT OF THIS GAME,,,,you will need to buy a PM, GSAK, PDA, cacheMate.....these are super programs for a cacher that is some what serious about caching and "paying back" to the game....Please don't think cheap, just think buying what you need at a fair price....Check out your equipment needs on ebay, selected garmin site, etc........Again it may save some time to check out my Profile Page and other cacher PP....good luck and stay safe.....WT73

Thanks for your replies guys. I see I have yet more groundschool to complete.

Gitchee-Gummee we want to see pictures of your pistolas. :D

Wild Thing 73, Thank you for your service sir. We used to work with CV-43 Coral Sea and USS Kearsarge back in '69.

Good info in your profile, thank you.

Sgt. USMC '67-'71