TB and Geocoin missions and photos

Stuey

Does anyone else get fed up after espcially going out of their way to assist a bug or coin with a mission, uploading photos and decent logs and then having no response from the owner?

It wouldn't take much to say thanks, would it?

I agree entirely and the problem is both ways. Isn't it annoying when people don't photograph TBs completing their mission or even read what is the mission of the TB they have picked up. Part of the problem is with the web site which does not demand a log entry when you deposit a TB.

Does anyone else get fed up after espcially going out of their way to assist a bug or coin with a mission, uploading photos and decent logs and then having no response from the owner?

I agree entirely and the problem is both ways. Isn't it annoying when people don't photograph TBs completing their mission or even read what is the mission of the TB they have picked up. Part of the problem is with the web site which does not demand a log entry when you deposit a TB.

Agree with both views.

I would like to see more information in a log when it is dropped off but I am guilty of it too. To easy to drop it without a proper log. :(

Edited by Yorkie30

I'm okay without a thanks. Sometimes I get one sometimes I don't. Kinda like answering questions here in the forums.

If someone goes out of their way to help my bug I send a thank you, and 75% of the time on posted photos. I'll even send a quick note to someone who does a good job answering a forum question.

By the way, Thank you for bringing this up. :(

Edited by BlueDeuce

One problem is that the email we get saying that a bug has been moved doesn't say whether a photo has been posted along with it and it's not always feasible to look on the web-page to check each time. I only ever go through my TB logs once a month or so, so if a photo has been published, I won't see until then, hence a late thank-you!

I must be in the minority, as this is something I don't do that often. Out of the many TB's I have helped along, I have only had a couple of thank you's sent to me, and these have been when it has been fairly obvious that I have gone out of my way to meet the goal of the TB.

I had never really gave it much more of a thought before.

We help them along if we can, although we do not take as many photos as we used to. We have had a couple of thank you's for helping. :)

Never had a negative response when we have picked an item up with no mission attached and only when we have got home found we brought it back the wrong way :)

It is a shame the site does not prompt for a log when dropping an item off, I do sometimes go back and make an entry but sadly not as often as I should. :)

I pick it up and make a note in a log that I have done so, I then wait until I find an appropriate cache and I drop it in, log it on line. Job done and that's all I expect people to do for mine as well. If a photo appears then that's a bonus.

All I really ask is that mine keep moving and noit get forgotten in somebody's caching bag or stay in a collection.

Personally, I don't move TB's/coins for thanks but for the fun of it. I find it more frustrating when I get to a cache and the TB's aren't there but whoever has moved them on, hasn't updated the log. Or the TB's/coins have simply vanished.

Thanks is always a nice thing though but I certainly don't expect it.