anyone know

the_bell_dingers

The problem is that all of the stat-generating programs I'm aware of require the "My Finds" Pocket Query (PQ) to generate the stats. This way they can guarantee the condition of the data being fed into the program. The only way to get the "My Finds" is via Premium Membership.

The problem is that all of the stat-generating programs I'm aware of require the "My Finds" Pocket Query (PQ) to generate the stats. This way they can guarantee the condition of the data being fed into the program. The only way to get the "My Finds" is via Premium Membership.

Darn...

for this reason I would like Groundspeak to allow the My finds PQ to be accessed by all cachers.

the my finds is a PQ that is very useful. it's the only PQ that should be available to all.

Darn...

for this reason I would like Groundspeak to allow the My finds PQ to be accessed by all cachers.

the my finds is a PQ that is very useful. it's the only PQ that should be available to all.

You can get around it by using GSAK and personally marking the caches you find as "Found"...than use that stat generator...

Darn...

You can get around it by using GSAK and personally marking the caches you find as "Found"...than use that stat generator...

I have GSAK and I don't understand how to load my cache finds. Explain?

Darn...

That's nice! :D

There's now a work around for non PM's to get PQ's. :(

Log a false "Find" on the caches you want to find, count to 10 (gives the servers a chance to register your "Finds") then run the "My Finds" PQ.

Hey look! PQ's for non-PM's! :D

Darn...

"it's the only PQ that should be available to all"

What user survey was that conclusion based upon?

Darn...

You mark each cache "Found" manually...I don't have it front of me right now...but I think with a cache highlited, you pull down one of the menus above and mark it "Found"...once marked, it will be highlited in yellow (a default setting)...

Darn...

You mark each cache "Found" manually...I don't have it front of me right now...but I think with a cache highlited, you pull down one of the menus above and mark it "Found"...once marked, it will be highlited in yellow (a default setting)...

How do you get the caches into GSAK in the first place without a PQ?

Darn...

Or highlight the cache, right-click, Cache Status, Set as Found.

Darn...

How do you get the caches into GSAK in the first place without a PQ?

Go to each cache page and download the LOC file then drop that onto GSAK.

If you're into caching to the point where you want to do this sort of thing, my opinion is you'll get enough enjoyment out of the PM benefits to at least try a 3 month ($10 subscription)

If you use a GPSr that can handle paperless caching, it's so much better when you can run pocket queries to seed it.

Edited by rob3k

Darn...

Or highlight the cache, right-click, Cache Status, Set as Found.

yep...that too!!!

Just know that GSAK is essentially shareware. You can use it for something like 20 days and then you get the nag screens. But in my opinion, it's worth every penny I plunked down for it. And the way I see it, so is a premium membership. I'm as big a cheapskate as they next guy, but I understand that the people that bring us the geocaching website have families to feed as well. I figure the extra $2.50 a month isn't going to break me.

Probably not. :D

Wow you're nice. :):)

I thought mods where supposed to be HELPFUL, not insulting.

No, the Mods are supposed to enforce the rules of the forums...there's no rule about being 'helpful'. :)

Or even nice.

Edit to add that in Motorcycle Mama's case it is just a happy coincidence that she is.

I'm gonna go over there and hide under the table now. Let me know when it's safe.

Edited by GOF & Bacall

Probably not. :)

Wow you're nice. :):)

I thought mods where supposed to be HELPFUL, not insulting.

I think you expect too much. Sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around you. It's hard to take you seriously with all the crazy questions you keep posting in these forums.

Maybe we could have an award for the craziest question. Hmmmm. What could we call that award??? What would it be shaped like??

I vote for all the "1,000,000th cache" threads. Which has long since already happened with archived and never published caches, and will be a dynamic event with no definitive answer anyways. However, I think I have a mental picture of the award you're describing. :)

With the small number of finds involved here, I would think the semi-manual GSAK work around as described is an excellent option.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Before I started using GSAK (definitely worth it), I would manually built a spreadsheet from my finds (I keep a manual logbook with all my finds, basic info, etc.)

Using this spreadsheet (with a bit of coding), I could inport the data into Microsoft Streets & Trips to see where all my finds were geographically.

Otherwise. I could manually count all the size containers.

Also created a spreadsheet grid to count Difficulty/Terrain of all finds. A quick bit of math would give me averages.

Get a Premium Membership! It is definitely worth the $30 a year for all the extra features (especially PQs.) I am still learning how to use PQs and GSAK. When you consider how expensive many hobbies are, $30 a year is pretty cheap!

Edited by Fuzzywhip