pirate treasure geocoin activation...

Odyssey Voyager

That was AE toys so you will probably have to try and contact Groundspeak.

no help from geocaching.com, they say i need to contact the original coin owners or producers. i will also try to contact Groundspeak.com as suggested earlier by a forum memeber. i didn't realize these were different entities. any other suggestions from the forum?

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

That was AE toys so you will probably have to try and contact Groundspeak.

no help from geocaching.com, they say i need to contact the original coin owners or producers. i will also try to contact Groundspeak.com as suggested earlier by a forum memeber. i didn't realize these were different entities. any other suggestions from the forum?

I'm trying to activate these too. I have 6 of them. The aetoys website is kapoot. Any luck in finding an answer as to where to get the activation codes? I hit a dead end. Thanks

I'm trying to activate these too. I have 6 of them. The aetoys website is kapoot. Any luck in finding an answer as to where to get the activation codes? I hit a dead end. Thanks

this is rather frustrating! these geocoins have been around for a long time, and there are many that were very recently activated, too. so, someone has the activation codes, but i can't find that person...lol...or they don't want to be found. i even emailed the person that sold me the geocoin at ebay, but they haven't replied or even listed anything for over a month! so i think that person may be a dead end, too! very strange.

oh, by the way, Groundspeak.com and Geocaching.com are one and the same, and they can not or will not give any activation codes. i'm sure they must have the codes in their database, but there may be a new policy now. so no help there.

please post here or contact me if you find out who has the codes. these are really very nice geocoins too!

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

the coin is beautiful but I didn't understand something... if a company who makes geocoins for some reason stops or close and you haven't retrieve the activation code of your coin... your coin is useless???? Oh!!! <_<

Is there a chance that all these coins have the same activation code??? Some coins have so...

perhaps someone who has already activated their coin and saved the activation code, could post the code here for others to try.

I have eight Pirate Treasure Geocoins in my collection. They are still not activated, but I got the activation codes - they all are differently.

perhaps someone who has already activated their coin and saved the activation code, could post the code here for others to try.

I have eight Pirate Treasure Geocoins in my collection. They are still not activated, but I got the activation codes - they all are differently.

hmmm...that was what i thought. oh well, thank you for your reply anyway. those of us with no activation codes will have to keep searching. by the way, where did you get your activation codes from?

by the way, where did you get your activation codes from?

From A&E Toys. I retrieved the codes in late January after receiving the coins, when the website was still online.

thanks again. i was hoping to get an email address of the person that still has the codes. oh well,...the search continues... :(

I too have 1 coin if someone can pass on some codes they have already used we can try them maybe one may work post theM or email me at downundertowing@yahoo.com.au