"Blank" Logs on Cache Page?

holazola

Well I just logged a find on one of my caches with the iPhone app and if you have "auto post as log" set to on, it will post a found it with absolutely no text in the log or email. So more than likely it is someone using a new to them app.

Tim

GS should reprogram the Iphone app so it will automagically add "Great hide. TFTC" instead of a blank log.

:D

Not a bad idea at all. Or, at the very least, not allow a blank log, just as the website does.

I would agree that the email was nicely worded and I wouldn't be offended or put on the defense with that; however, I might think, "Gee, this person is a little anal." Don't get me wrong, I got 14 hides out there and I love it when I get a decent log. I usually try to leave a good log describing the journey, unless they are quick C & Ds which don't amount to much other than the smiley. Even then I do make sure to leave a "TFTC!" or two. When I get something that is canned, "out caching today, this is our 5th of 12 caches we ahve done. TFTC!", I get disappointed, but don't know if I would or should pursue it any farther. See if their name is in the log book and if it is I don't think you have a write to take away a smiley for an empty log.

Where would it end. Someone giving a "thanks for the cache" could be contrived as using a canned message and we should get rid of those too. Who because the log judges? Yes, I understand we are talking blank ones here, but feel it would just move on. In the end each cacher is subject to the owners conditions, but I would think hard before doing someting that drastic as deleting a log.

Well I just logged a find on one of my caches with the iPhone app and if you have "auto post as log" set to on, it will post a found it with absolutely no text in the log or email. So more than likely it is someone using a new to them app.

Tim

GS should reprogram the Iphone app so it will automagically add "Great hide. TFTC" instead of a blank log.

Not a bad idea at all. Or, at the very least, not allow a blank log, just as the website does.

I think we should get 'em to set it up so that it puts in "Vote Bittsen for dog catcher!" if the user doesn't type something in.

I think we should get 'em to set it up so that it puts in "Vote Bittsen for dog catcher!" if the user doesn't type something in.

Dog catcher? I'm after FOXes. I've had my share of dogs.

And, what a step down that would be. Dog catcher... I mean, I have held a high position in an international charity position and you think I should be a DOG CATCHER?

maybe the "Vote Bittsen for dog catcher!" default would encourage more people to post real logs...

Thanks for the topic, I have just bumped into the same problem here in north central florida and have been wondering how to approach it. After reading this post and seeing how cachers may be posting blank logs, I now will try a gracious note to see if that helps them out. Hopefully if it is the glitch, that will be solved in its own time too. Thanks again.