Million-Cache Event(s)?

BigOpe

I like these ideas; both the Million Active Caches Event and the mass archival by Keystone (and other reviewers?) for the ever fun and exciting pot stirring! mmm, pot.

Because events must be posted 2 weeks in advance, it'd have to be a rough guess on the date. Or just wait until it's pretty clear that the Millionth Active is one week away and then post an event two weeks out to celebrate. Heck you celebrate the 876,543 active cache, it's gotta be out there now!

Talk about stirring the pot! I posted and then went off deer hunting et al for awhile. Thanks for responses. Yeah, I guess it's hard to nail down active cache #1000000, was just thinking of the moment when the display on the website hits a million, even if it changes right away.

And the millionth active cache will change to another cache within minutes, if not seconds.

Only if someone archives a few caches, so that we go past 1,000,000 again. Otherwise, the millionth will be as fixed as the first. I think you mean "the latest active cache". :huh:

Yeah, I guess it's hard to nail down active cache #1000000, was just thinking of the moment when the display on the website hits a million, even if it changes right away.

That number doesn't generally get updated in real time. Perhaps once we hit 998,000 Groundspeak might consider taking the performance hit of doing so until we hit the million.

Edited by sTeamTraen