Triton 400 Issue

Shop99er

It will only work the the VantagePoint Software, which has to be up and running.

Was VantagePoint open when you tried this?

I also had a problem similar to this once, and the only thing I did different was plug it into a different USB port.

I found some instruction on the Magellan Website that helped me out when mine did this.

You can find them here:

Windows XP Directions (click)

Windows Vista Directions (click)

Edited by Braff-n-MandaRue

I tried it again, just for the fun of it, and it worked.

Used disconnect in VP, and then tried to reconnect using VP, and went back to the same problem.

Re-started VP, plugged in Triton, got USB device not recognized, turned on Triton, and it worked.

Disconnected using VP, and tried rsconnecting using the menu in Triton. No good.

Tried the "normal" way, and it didn't work.

Make sure you are running VantagePoint in ADMINISTRATION mode (right click on the icon and run in admin mode). That solves 90 percent of the problems with the Triton and VantagePoint. with that alone.,

And if you haven't, make sure you have the latest version of both VantagePoint and the Triton firmware.

I would recommend www.jungleghost.com for help if you need it, they got everything in one page and is very up to date.

Edited by gpsblake

I tried it again, just for the fun of it, and it worked.

Used disconnect in VP, and then tried to reconnect using VP, and went back to the same problem.

Re-started VP, plugged in Triton, got USB device not recognized, turned on Triton, and it worked.

Disconnected using VP, and tried rsconnecting using the menu in Triton. No good.

Tried the "normal" way, and it didn't work.

Here is the routine order of transaction that I always follow and never fails:

*Start VP, power on the Triton, "connect to pc"

*It shows up, now I can sync any info needed

*Use the disconnect button in VP, confirmation pop up, press "esc" on the Triton

*Only connect to VP again after powering off the Triton and going through the above sequence again

*Never power on and connect to pc before VP is running

There are a few instances to "connect to pc" without VP:

*Updating the firmware with the direct .exe file

*Connecting to another program to transfer files, such as NG TOPO or Mapsend

Use the NMEA connection for live tracking with a map program like VP, Google Earth, TOPO, etc.

This is using any combination of XP, Home, Pro, SP2, SP3. This has also been the case through all firmware versions of a Triton 400 and 2000, and all versions of VP. Always logged on as administrator.

Check in with Tritonforum for other solutions.