Premium Member caches

the_bell_dingers

Premicaches have been bugging me lately. my reason is that this morning, I revived the weekly newsletter saying there was a few new geocaches less than a mile away. These caches turned out to be all premi's and one was even a letterbox hybrid which are uncommon in my area. And of course, since I am not a premium member, it was a no go. I found this a little unfair but shouldn't all geocaches be opened to all geocachers? :D:rolleyes:

Premicaches have been bugging me lately. my reason is that this morning, I revived the weekly newsletter saying there was a few new geocaches less than a mile away. These caches turned out to be all premi's and one was even a letterbox hybrid which are uncommon in my area. And of course, since I am not a premium member, it was a no go. I found this a little unfair but shouldn't all geocaches be opened to all geocachers? :D:rolleyes:

The solution is to save up your lunch money and buy a premium membership.

Although we never had a problem with PMO caches, we took it as a fact of life. Now that we are thoroughly hooked on geocaching, we decided it was time to get off the gravytrain and contribute monetarily to an organization that provides us with accessibility, means, and organization to something that we enjoy.

If that doesn't fill your bill, take what you can get and live with it! :D

Not trying to be rude. It's just the way we view the matter. :rolleyes:

I paid the $30, it's really not that much compared to the price of the GPS you're probably using.

I've only been a PM for like a week or two. I didn't do it till now because I wanted to make sure it was something I was going to keep doing, and you're darn tootin' I am! I'm looking forward to finding my first PM cache because it was created for more, in my opinion, dedicated hunters and I have better swag in mind to leave behind. These ones also won't be stolen by the people out there who enjoy the same walks to the caches we do, but steal them instead of enjoying the idea behind geocaching.

Also, you don't just get access to PM only caches. I finally signed up for the benefits before going to visit with family in VA last weekend. If your destination is within 500 miles, you can find caches along your route. I found two in PA, one in MD and three in VA because I am now a proud Premium Member!

I paid the $30, it's really not that much compared to the price of the GPS you're probably using.

I've only been a PM for like a week or two. I didn't do it till now because I wanted to make sure it was something I was going to keep doing, and you're darn tootin' I am! I'm looking forward to finding my first PM cache because it was created for more, in my opinion, dedicated hunters and I have better swag in mind to leave behind. These ones also won't be stolen by the people out there who enjoy the same walks to the caches we do, but steal them instead of enjoying the idea behind geocaching.

Also, you don't just get access to PM only caches. I finally signed up for the benefits before going to visit with family in VA last weekend. If your destination is within 500 miles, you can find caches along your route. I found two in PA, one in MD and three in VA because I am now a proud Premium Member!

I suspect that you are going to be disappointed in the quality of PM caches. Other than the need to be a PM to see and log the cache, and there are ways around that, there is no real difference between PMO caches and the rest.

I suspect that you are going to be disappointed in the quality of PM caches. Other than the need to be a PM to see and log the cache, and there are ways around that, there is no real difference between PMO caches and the rest.

This is true, so don't get your hopes up along those lines. The rest of the PM choice of membership is still worth it! :smile:

I only have one premium cache within 50 miles of my house.I wanted to find it and it had been bugging me for a couple of years that I couldn't access it.I finally decided that there are a lot of other benefits besides just premium caches to becoming a premium member,so I became one.You should think about becoming a premium member if you can afford it...it is well worth the $30 a year,at least it has been for me.

This is true, so don't get your hopes up along those lines. The rest of the PM choice of membership is still worth it! :smile:

I think it all depends on the CO. Maybe he/she visits often to take out any crap and put new stuff in. (That's what I'm hoping for anyway! LOL)

Edited cuz I somehow put what I wanted to say in his reply!

Edited by The Cache Checkers

I think it all depends on the CO. Maybe he/she visits often to take out any crap and put new stuff in. (That's what I'm hoping for anyway! LOL)

Hope all you want, won't make it true. Those COs who will take better care of their caches will do so whether or not it is a PM cache or a regular member cache. Unfortunately the other extreme also applies.

Of course there is always the back-door logging option, if you can somehow get the co-ordinates.

p.s. I have the coordinates.

Oh yeah? Who gave them to you? I have a feeling someone is in big trouble. :D

No one gave them to me, I found them out by myself and I'm not telling how. :D:(:D:lol:

Not telling huh? Then neither am I. Figure out how to log it on your own. :laughing:

touche...

fine I'll explain.

1: go to hide & seek a cache

2: get the coordinates for a cache that is nearby

3: type them into hide&seek

4: premis will show up as a certain distance away.

5: take GPS and move cursor to coords that you think are correct. (if GPS has map & moving cursor)

6: type those coords into H&S and see how close you are.

Repeat 5 & 6 until the premi cache says "Here"

Now... how do you log this?

touche...

fine I'll explain.

5: take GPS and move cursor to coords that you think are correct. (if GPS has map & moving cursor)

Aw sorry. I was just mess'n with ya. I really have no need or want to find the coords for a PMO by any other means than looking at the page. I will say though, get the premium membership. All the other bells and whistles are worth it. Actually the PMO caches are the least of the benefits.

touche...

fine I'll explain.

Good grief!! Isn't it worth $30 just to avoid that PITA?

Wow...if you'd just put that brain power toward the cause of GOOD instead of trying to "back door" caches, you could cure some weird third world disease! :)

I paid my $30 for the year...and FWIW, there IS a cheaper (NOT FREE) option to PM...$10 for 3 months, or something like that...that's change found under couch cushions and swiped from your Uncle Ed! :o

Wow...if you'd just put that brain power toward the cause of GOOD instead of trying to "back door" caches, you could cure some weird third world disease! :)

I paid my $30 for the year...and FWIW, there IS a cheaper (NOT FREE) option to PM...$10 for 3 months, or something like that...that's change found under couch cushions and swiped from your Uncle Ed! :o

HaHa! Glad I'm not your uncle Ed!

touche...

fine I'll explain.

Wow, you sure put a lot of effort into this :o

You could narrow it down a lot faster with some mathematics.

Unlike others I won't try to convince you to spend your money. I must say, though, that you'll probably get your money's worth just from the off topic forum access :)

Premicaches have been bugging me lately...I found this a little unfair but shouldn't all geocaches be opened to all geocachers?

Back on Topic:

Link

First class flights can vary from everything from more leg room and more luxurious seating, all the way up to private suites with beds and a wine selection that would wow some of the finest restaurants. Of course, all of this depends on the airline and the type of aircraft they have in their fleets. Airlines are not operating a business where there tends to be a lot of loyalty from their customers, so many continue to offer first class services to help them keep their customers coming back.

Economy class will provide you with a choice of private movies to view, or your coffee served in a china mug, as you would expect to see in a dining establishment. However, you will still be treated as fairly as passengers in the first class section.

Having just completed some rather extensive and exhausting mathmatical calculations, my prodigy, Stephen Hawking, and myself, concur that a yearly membership will cost $ .0821917 cents per day. Our calculations however, do not reflect the effect of leap year. Hardly what my student, William Gates, and myself would consider a major capital expenditure.

(Dang my ole hide, wonder what I just said?) ;):anicute:

touche...

fine I'll explain.

Wow, you sure put a lot of effort into this ;)

You could narrow it down a lot faster with some mathematics.

Unlike others I won't try to convince you to spend your money. I must say, though, that you'll probably get your money's worth just from the off topic forum access :(

Oh no... :anicute:

I do support Geocache.com. I am a premium member. I got it for the PQ feature!

I don't have premium channels on my TV (or non-premium channels for that matter) as finances are tight. I don't eat out much at all. Expenses do add up and I have to be careful with every penny! I enjoy Geocaching partially because it is not a money intensive sport! And it gets me out of the house and into nature. I purchased a used GPS for my oldest as a Christmas gift (it was instead of something else he would have gotten) so as to share the sport with him.

I like to take my kids out with me and have gotten some of the MOC (because that is where I wanted to go) and my son would like to log the find as well. He was so disappointed when he couldn't, he didn't want to go out with me. So then I was avoiding them when he was with me. Now that I know he can log them, we can keep going out looking for the caches that I have run a PQ on.

Running the PQ's have got to be taxing on the system. So I agree that you should pay for them. My boy does not run PQ's or have a need too. As he gets older, I am sure he will want to become a Premium member at some point. For now, I am glad for the ability to log the MOC's.

I appreciate the creators of Geocaching.com very much. Thanks so much for maintaining the site and making the sport enjoyable.

Indy-bikes

I joined because I was curious...and it was only $30 for the year, hey, I could spend $30 on something WAY dumber than trekking through the woods with electronics playing hide and seek with tupperware full of McDonald's toys and little character erasers! :anicute:

The BIG money is in the GPSr unit...and maps....from there, most of the basic stuff I carry is stuff I have around the house and can spare for the game...bandaids, pens, paper...and the swag I've bought is cheap, mostly just stuff to amuse the kids or adults that happen to be amused by that sort of thing (like me!)...plus, it's cheaper and more entertaining (IMO) than getting a gym membership...and more useful, in my case...of course, winter's almost here, so I'll hibernate most of it, but still.

Sometimes ya just gotta think out of the box and try something new "just because".

Oh, and welcome to premium membership, I see you've now joined the 'cult'. ;)