Secret Santa 2009

dhenninger

WOW!! My Santa box arrived today....and, of course, I couldn't wait.

THANK YOU big time to anne.and.eli - you did a great box.

Loved the coins - I don't have either one, and have wanted the fishy cache one! Thank you. Loved all the xmasy goodies and the munchies! Mmmm....fudge! And those fish ornaments are so fun. The little xmas bear will go with me to work to sit on my desk.

I will try and post a photo in the next day or so. :)

Awesome!! I'm glad it got to you okay. :D The Fudge and taffy are made in Santa Cruz where I am. :D

I'm also happy it made it before Christmas!

Of course I just recently found two more things that were supposed to go in the box and I forgot to send them. B)

Edited by Suzyfishn

WOW!! My Santa box arrived today....and, of course, I couldn't wait.

THANK YOU big time to anne.and.eli - you did a great box.

Loved the coins - I don't have either one, and have wanted the fishy cache one! Thank you. Loved all the xmasy goodies and the munchies! Mmmm....fudge! And those fish ornaments are so fun. The little xmas bear will go with me to work to sit on my desk.

I will try and post a photo in the next day or so. :)

Awesome!! I'm glad it got to you okay. :D The Fudge and taffy are made in Santa Cruz where I am. :D

I'm also happy it made it before Christmas!

Of course I just recently found two more things that were supposed to go in the box and I forgot to send them. B)

And here's the photo of the great box 'o goodies!

4223791940_bb8787f162_o.jpg

River Princess showed up as stated by sender.

I have heard zero from my mission on emails or forum.

My last easter mission had not shown up and i would hate to see this a repeat for me B)

:)

I know my missions were received but so far only one of them has posted pictures. I hope they all enjoyed them.

Got back home within the hour from our vacation... first place I went was to check the mail hoping to find a package from my secret Santa... nothing was in there... B)

Can the organizer please verify if the package was sent out or at least when it was? I sent my package out and was hoping to have one in return... :)

Your mission was sent 2009/11/30. I thought it would reach you in time as a month is normally enough time to cross the Atlantic ocean. I hope it has been only delayed in customs and is not lost.

I am finally able to post pictures and to thank UKTim for a Wonderful Secret Santa gift. The gifts came enclosed in a Lock & Lock container. What a wonderful idea. I wish I would have thought to do that. The chocolates are yummy. The Lovespoon Geocoin is precious and will be cherished in our collection. I have never seen a Angel Pig candle before, what a treat!! I wore the brooch on Christmas Day. I think the children enjoyed it almost as much as I did. B)

Thank you UKTim!!!!

ChristmasMission1.jpg

ChristmasMission2.jpg

I have been reading some of the forum posts and I just want to say one thing that has been bothering me. I know that some of the people participating have been disapointed and probably people who didn't even post were disapointed with their gifts, but lets try and remember that the people sending the gifts did not have the intention of upsetting anyone. I believe that people signed up to try and bring joy to others and their intent was nothing but sincere. Thank you.

Mission #1

1. Participating:Yes (10/31)

2. Received Name: Yes (11/2)

3. Mission Complete: Yes (12/8)

4. Package Received!: B) (12/16) from Sparticus06

I'm a bit slow with getting my pictures up - but I wanted to show off the great stuff I received in my Christmas Mission.

The first box revealed a Christmas geocoin and a number of nicely wrapped packages -

santa1-wrapped.jpg

All in all, it was a nice and thoughtful set of presents! Thanks Secret Santa #1!

santa1-all.jpg

Now I need to get out there and hide some more geocaches - Specifically the pair that were in my box.

Hanukah Harry has mailed out the last of the 4 missions he promised he would take care of...I believe the first of the kid's missions should arrive today!

ILYK

someone tell Hanukah harry thanks for making Zariah a happy girl tonight,, she saw a box on the portch, set aside of the door,, and said,, thats my present,,, and it was!!! inside was a bunch of stuff wrapped up,, man she thought santa came again, course i told her he sent his helper harry. inside was some candys a sheep webkins, a paddle ball, some bath soaps in a huge lolly pop. she thought she could eat it...haha and some coins, a kathys coin, she loved it, turning it all directions and smilen all over..... a flower coin that says have you hugged a cacher today,, never seen this one before. and she got hit by a snow ball too!! she was very happyu and hyped on sugar ,, i had to save some for another day.. thanks hanukah harry that was very nice of you and also very thoughtfull for you to send to her!!! I will post some pics of her, probably tomarrow. B) Thanks again!!!

Mission #2

1. Participating:Yes (10/31)

2. Received Name: Yes (11/2)

3. Mission Complete:Yes (12/8)

4. Package Received!: B) (12/18) from Scout7

WOW! This secret santa went a bit over the top! Most of the wrapped packages appear here (at least one package of chocolate dissappeared before I realized what happened). The beagle is checking things out. -

santa2-wrapped.jpg

There were local items including a book by a local author and a "token." (I love how geocaching helps me explore the country and world.)

santa2-all.jpg

The Beagle was interested in stealing packages to open and finally settled for a discarded piece of paper.

santa2-for%20me.jpg

In addition to everything for me (and family) there was a present for the dogs too! (The paper in the previous picture was the wrapping from some balls - one of which is in the picture below.)

santa2-pinot.jpg

Many Many THANKS to my secret santa for a wonderful and well thought out present!

I'm feeling a bit bad that the packages that I sent were toned down a bit from last year. If I participate again next year, I'll have to crank it up a couple of notches!

Still no news of our mission. The postman just left today's mail and it wasn't there either.

Dhenninger, could you be so kind as to verify if Secret Santa mailed it as well?

Thanks for being such a great mission manager!

I think the mail is just hosed, hosed, hosed. The box I shipped to Ontario hasn't reached GeeOCachers yet (I'm starting to put plans in place to get replacement items); and mine hasn't arrived yet either. I'd give it till New Years before starting on a replacement box.

River Princess showed up as stated by sender.

I have heard zero from my mission on emails or forum.

My last easter mission had not shown up and i would hate to see this a repeat for me B)

Your mission was mailed from overseas on 12/11 I believe. Should be there in a few days

THANKS for the note and outstanding job on staying on top of things.

Now i know to set back and wait because the out of US mail can take awhile.

The box I shipped to Ontario hasn't reached GeeOCachers yet (I'm starting to put plans in place to get replacement items); and mine hasn't arrived yet either. I'd give it till New Years before starting on a replacement box.

I'm so sorry to hear this! B)

Your mission was sent 2009/12/04, and I thought that this will be enough time to cross the Atlantic .

I really hope that it is not lost...

Thank you to my two awesome Mission senders.

My first mission was from Montana complete with a jar of Wild Huckleberry Jam and a Wild Huckleberry Chocolate Bar -- slightly sinful the label says. :) Lots of treats including pathtags, pins from Montana, and chocolate. A frosty crystal Compass Rose topped off the package! Wow! ;) A cute little snowman ornament was tucked in, too, but I forgot to remove it from the tree for the picture. Thank you so much!

3f3a874e-3e2b-4e90-872b-b65d41619064.jpg

My second mission had a cute little S'Mores bag stocked with all the fixings for S'Mores. There were pins and a nano cache :huh: and a pathtag and a pretty angel ornament and lots more candy! There was a Cache Movers, a glittery red and green football, and a Beijing Observatory. That football is so sparkly! Thank you so much!

e5bc8dd0-6790-4da6-88f8-568ac44584b5.jpg

Thank you again to my generous Mission senders for the wonderful packages you put together. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, too!

:huh:

I know my missions were received but so far only one of them has posted pictures. I hope they all enjoyed them.

Same here unless I missed something...

ditto...

pictures are so very nice to share...

I have had problems in the past getting mine taken and/or posted, so I know that it can be a trial getting that done. :)

Got back home within the hour from our vacation... first place I went was to check the mail hoping to find a package from my secret Santa... nothing was in there... :)

Can the organizer please verify if the package was sent out or at least when it was? I sent my package out and was hoping to have one in return... :huh:

Your mission was sent 2009/11/30. I thought it would reach you in time as a month is normally enough time to cross the Atlantic ocean. I hope it has been only delayed in customs and is not lost.

Thanks for the update ;)

Greetings. I just want you to know that The Cache-A-Teers (both Jacob and Jonah) and myself all got our packages and I will be posting about them this weekend. I am a bit behind on some things but am most ANXIOUS to post pictures of smiles and treasures!!! You all totallly made our Christmas!!!! Thank you!! and thank you for your patience in me getting the pics posted this weekend. hugs!

I know I'm not the one everyone wants to see. But I did want to thank my santas for the gifts that we got. I got 4 of them and that is ok.

I'll be working to get the others out that I need to redo.

Thanks

Chip

you know i think peps make mistakes, but Chip here has gone the extra mile to make things right,, even tho harry sent zariah a mission , chip has stepped up and sent another box, and the box is big, i just wanted to reconise that they have done this.. ive been thinking about this thing for a few days because i wanted to return an email to them i havent had time to yet... but i really appluad them for stepping back up and doing this. im not sure whats in the box yet, and wont know till tonight when i get home with zariah to find out.

i dont think by this gesture to fix things that their orginal intent was to upset anyone.. to be honest i havent had a chance to talk to them, yet. i would like to know what the orginal idea was behind the proxitys, coin choices, and baggies, but it really dosent matter... in my mind i think these are stand up peps, and should be givin applause for what their doing. two thumbs up Chip in my book!!! Zariah will be very happy to see this box of goodies and i thank you for the smiles yet to come.

will post pics hopefully later tonight if i can find some time.

thank you again Chip for doing what your doing!! ;)

Although I reported earlier that my package had been received and wasn't going to open it til Christmas, I apologise in the delay and getting back here with the photos. (My OH and dog are both ill, so been running back and forward between vet and doc)! Have even had to cancel our trip to London for NYE ;)

e6e2f4b9-b510-4fc3-8b95-089b9452c513.jpg

We opened the package that I received just after midnight on Christmas eve.

What a delightful surprise!

0374115f-562c-41ee-8692-86342e95f7b5.jpg

717c24f4-4fb0-44f9-b3fd-377d7998682e.jpg

Inside the package was: a tin of chocolate, a chocolate Santa lolipop, and another chocolate, two delightful tree decorations, a tub of matches which made it to our Christmas dinner table (goodness knows how you got them past Mr Postie :laughing: ) and a Tribute to Geocaching Dogs geocoin, the one with the gorgeous Border Collie on it. :laughing:

The tin of chocolate has lovely character detail on it.

d881190c-dbef-4e39-ae02-ff4ce960e89d.jpg

After the chocolate has been consumed, which won't be long in this house, the tin will be great for storing some of my extra pathtags :laughing:

It was a really thoughtful package which was an absolute pleasure to receive, :laughing: thank you so much to my Secret Santa Yvonne, aka Delilah Blue. :blink:

EDIT to add: I know my package was received moments before the recipient left home for the holidays, pheeeeew, that was a close one!

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog
Chip [CSRA Cruisers] here has gone the extra mile to make things right,,

in my mind i think these are stand up peps, and should be givin applause for what their doing. two thumbs up Chip in my book!!!

FANTASTIC !!

This Is Fantastic to hear!!!!!!

WOo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

And Although I Also don't believe it was their Inent to Disappoint people,

I do feel they didn't put any thought into The missions. Now they will.

I'm very glad it came out in the open, not only to help those prepare a mission,

but also to show what not to do.

And it's SO much better than hiding your disappointment and letting it happen again.

We don't want people to not send missions in the future because of past experiences,

(that has already happened)

So....

WAY TO GO CSRA Cruisers, Keep up the good work!!!!!

Opalsns

1. Participating: Yes, email sent 16-Oct-09

2. Received Name: Yes, email received 01-Nov-09

3. Mission Complete: Yes, mailed 23-Nov-09

4. Package Received!: YES! It arrived late last week and I opened it right away (there is no sense pretending that I have any willpower about these things at all) -- it was a FANTASTIC package! I am going to try and post a description and pictures with my thank you sometime today.

Hi, I know you received your santa mission early, but never saw your pics.

I need to know If everything was OK. ;)

To Those that had me . . . THANK YOU for the coins and ALL the goodies. I haven't opened them yet because I can't find my camera. Call me Crazy (quite Alright) for waiting I was just wanting to take a picture of them wrapped :blink:;)

Believe me I KNOW I WILL LOVE ALL the coins and such that came to me - I PROMISE . . .

I have been reading some of the forum posts and I just want to say one thing that has been bothering me. I know that some of the people participating have been disapointed and probably people who didn't even post were disapointed with their gifts, but lets try and remember that the people sending the gifts did not have the intention of upsetting anyone. I believe that people signed up to try and bring joy to others and their intent was nothing but sincere. Thank you.

I have to agree ;)

To Those that had me . . . THANK YOU for the coins and ALL the goodies. I haven't opened them yet because I can't find my camera. Call me Crazy (quite Alright) for waiting I was just wanting to take a picture of them wrapped :laughing::blink:

Believe me I KNOW I WILL LOVE ALL the coins and such that came to me - I PROMISE . . .

Maybe there is a camera in there????? ;)

Maybe there is a camera in there????? :)

Did your girls get their packages opened?? :)

Yes and she loved every bit of it.

I am using a lap top and having some photo issues but they will be up soon since i may have figured it all out.

What a wonderful mission you did.

Great job and please keep a eye out for a few photos.

I have 5 of 6 misions and the last is on the way.

Out of US has been really really slow.

I have sigle coin packs taking over 30 days.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

f0e6dec3-71ab-4418-9845-dcd7f3b958b6.jpg

:):):lol:

FredHead, I have to ask,

Have you climbed into that HUGE stocking ,yet???

It Looks as big as you!!!! LOL!!!!!

Congrats on a fine mission!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

WELL....... YES I DID!!!!!

My cousin, a muggle who we take caching, my Sister, and me took turns we were laughing so hard our bellys hurt :)

Still no news of our mission. The postman just left today's mail and it wasn't there either.

Dhenninger, could you be so kind as to verify if Secret Santa mailed it as well?

Thanks for being such a great mission manager!

I think the mail is just hosed, hosed, hosed. The box I shipped to Ontario hasn't reached GeeOCachers yet (I'm starting to put plans in place to get replacement items); and mine hasn't arrived yet either. I'd give it till New Years before starting on a replacement box.

Still no luck. I'm in the Canada Post stinks category.

Give it more time though, it is bound to make it!

I haven't received my package yet, and I haven't heard that the package I sent was received :lol:

I am leaving home tomorrow morning for the holidays and can't check my mail for the next days.

I have been assured that your package is the the hands of the mail people. It should be there soon.

Yes, I got my package just before I left home :D I just didn't have the chance to post here, but contacted my secret santa to let her know that I got it just in time :)

I got a wonderful package: a card, a chocolate reindeer, and some wrapped little secrets:

xmasmission_03.jpg

I was shocked when I unwrapped all the little packages :)

xmasmission_01.jpg

Candy canes, a logbook, a keyring, two great pins, a special Christmas Pathtag, a Poker Chip Coin, and... a Northern Planisphere Coin :):D Thanks so much, this is a coin that I wanted for so long but couldn't afford :D:D:D

xmasmission_02.jpg

Thanks so much, Wendy :D

And Happy New Year to everyone!!!

i received a lovely big package from drneal way before christmas. it was difficult to not open until christmas especially since it was the only present under the tree for awhile. the pizza box would call me from across the room. :)

09ae7b92-0ddb-4c82-9859-7316001deabd.jpg

6cca55a6-628f-441d-9444-9d9ce73ee296.jpg

can you believe all of the great stuff? i signal frog, hand soap, and yummy smelling chocolate bath stuff.

50b7c791-b23f-48b7-8587-9cd5c748aba4.jpg

the coins are beautiful. i really wanted the world caching ocean. thank you thank you thank you.

the ftf winter style is one dance i hope to not do since i dislike snow.

the kathy coin is so beautiful. i love looking at the design of it.

overall it was a great mission......

Happy New Year to all :)

Grrr! Well, I'm already picking up replacement goodies for ya. I'll go get replacement yarn tomorrow (yes, one of your items is hand-knit!) and go find the pattern I used.

We just got home tonight from a trip to visit the Hubby's family in Michigan. After spending 8 hours riding in the car, Heather was THRILLED to open a package from Hanukah Harry (although I am not sure how/why it got delivered, since we had our mail held at the post office while we were away, and it not due to be deivered until Monday). She received an assortment of Christmas goodies (including candy, Santa hat and soaps), a Webkinz (the only one she got this year), and 3 coins (Kathy's coin...it is BEAUTIFUL, a geosnowball, and a "joy" Christmas geocoin tag). All I can say is...WOW. I will post pictures when I am more awake...LOL. We also received an email that Chip from CSRA_Cruisers also sent a package out. I am sure it will be in the pile of mail delivered on Monday. You guys all rock...I am overwhelmed by the generosity of the folks on these boards!

Grrr! Well, I'm already picking up replacement goodies for ya. I'll go get replacement yarn tomorrow (yes, one of your items is hand-knit!) and go find the pattern I used.

Problem with Canada Post is that they're extremely slow and get mixed up eaisly - (so no sudden movements :rolleyes: ) But they've usually come thru in the end..albeit very late

Edited : to remove full on rant about Canada Post...

Edited by Erica-opoly

I haven't received my package yet, and I haven't heard that the package I sent was received :huh:

I am leaving home tomorrow morning for the holidays and can't check my mail for the next days.

I have been assured that your package is the the hands of the mail people. It should be there soon.

Yes, I got my package just before I left home :D I just didn't have the chance to post here, but contacted my secret santa to let her know that I got it just in time :D

I got a wonderful package: a card, a chocolate reindeer, and some wrapped little secrets:

xmasmission_03.jpg

I was shocked when I unwrapped all the little packages :)

xmasmission_01.jpg

Candy canes, a logbook, a keyring, two great pins, a special Christmas Pathtag, a Poker Chip Coin, and... a Northern Planisphere Coin :P:D Thanks so much, this is a coin that I wanted for so long but couldn't afford :D:D:D

xmasmission_02.jpg

Thanks so much, Wendy :D

And Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I am so pleased it arrived before you left for the holidays and that you like it. I had no idea how heavy that Planisphere was til I was in the post office :rolleyes:

We just got home tonight from a trip to visit the Hubby's family in Michigan. After spending 8 hours riding in the car, Heather was THRILLED to open a package from Hanukah Harry (although I am not sure how/why it got delivered, since we had our mail held at the post office while we were away, and it not due to be deivered until Monday)......

Hanukah Harry borrowed Santa's sled for delivery, but I'll bet Heather already knew that! On Irving, on Sadie, on Sheldon, on Harry...On Hymie, on Rachel, on Joseph and Barry!

ILYK

Edited by drneal

Mission 2: girl human

1. Participating: Anne

2. Received Name: JEPPPPP 02-11-2009

3. Mission Complete: jeahhhhhhhh send today 09-12-2009

4. Package Received!: JEPPPPPPPPPP :D

yesterday when we come home my neighbour come at the door with a package and when i open it it was my X~mas mission ..............

i was so so HAPPY cause our tree is still standing ( i`m having hard time to do everything away again :anibad: ) so i`m still in X~mas mood hihihihi.......

there was LOTZzzzzzz in the package first a very NICE card and a little TOWEL and a ccoking HAND and a very beautiful SNOWMAN BELL and LOTZZZZZZZzzzzzzz of CANDY ohhhhh i LOVE the CANDY :DB) and a real SANTA SOCK with THREE COINZZZZZZZzz very BEAUTYFULL COINZZZZZZZZZZ and SNOWMAN SOUP and a SNOWMAN COOKIE.............

so when i open it all i mae the SNOWMAN SOUP and we drink it and in the same time we eat the COOKIEZZZZZZZZ and CANDY under our X~mas tree :o:D

USTROOPERS THANK YOU VERY MUCHFOR THESE WONDERFULL X~mas MISSION

We had a AMAZING SATERDAY EVENING :cool::cool::cool::cool:

kerstmission001.jpg

also it`s GOOD to see that my missionzzzz make people happy :P

MISTER D THANK YOU FOR PUT THIZZZZZZ TOGETHER :cool:

Mission 2: girl human

1. Participating: Anne

2. Received Name: JEPPPPP 02-11-2009

3. Mission Complete: jeahhhhhhhh send today 09-12-2009

4. Package Received!: JEPPPPPPPPPP :D

yesterday when we come home my neighbour come at the door with a package and when i open it it was my X~mas mission ..............

i was so so HAPPY cause our tree is still standing ( i`m having hard time to do everything away again :anibad: ) so i`m still in X~mas mood hihihihi.......

there was LOTZzzzzzz in the package first a very NICE card and a little TOWEL and a ccoking HAND and a very beautiful SNOWMAN BELL and LOTZZZZZZZzzzzzzz of CANDY ohhhhh i LOVE the CANDY :DB) and a real SANTA SOCK with THREE COINZZZZZZZzz very BEAUTYFULL COINZZZZZZZZZZ and SNOWMAN SOUP and a SNOWMAN COOKIE.............

so when i open it all i mae the SNOWMAN SOUP and we drink it and in the same time we eat the COOKIEZZZZZZZZ and CANDY under our X~mas tree :o:D

USTROOPERS THANK YOU VERY MUCHFOR THESE WONDERFULL X~mas MISSION

I was starting to get worried about that package, it sure took a very long time to get to you....I'm glad you liked it!

We had a AMAZING SATERDAY EVENING :cool::cool::cool::cool:

kerstmission001.jpg

also it`s GOOD to see that my missionzzzz make people happy :P

MISTER D THANK YOU FOR PUT THIZZZZZZ TOGETHER :cool: