Secret Santa 2009

dhenninger

So here is my secret santa gift:

9Pd9L.jpg

I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel it needs to be said - I don't feel that this is what is expected for a Secret Santa mission. In the past two months, I've told my wife and son how we would get a gift box in the mail with who knows what kind of goodies in the mail. I showed them pictures from last years mission. Then we get a box that sounds like something is broken inside. No padding, no wrapping, just a coin that was left over from an event, a pathtag club pathtag (another leftover), 2 travel bugs that belong to the Secret Santa that they want me to drop in a cache for them?, and some ziploc bags???? Really?? So I looked really stupid in front of my family when I had to tell them this was it.

I hate to bring any kind of negative feelings into a happy thread, but seriously, if you can't even try, don't sign up for 6 missions.

Oh Murph,

SHAME, SHAME on the senders.

I can't believe someone sent you that as a mission and I actually thought it might be a Christmas prank, untill I read of Ashollond getting the same.

It's too bad you can't say who it is.

BubbaBass is still waiting for his mission and after all the whoopla I've been spreading about awesome missions, I'd hate for him to recieve that.

Enough is Enough with the leaches that come here just too get free coins, by cointests and BEGGING and then NEVER do nice things in return !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

9Pd9L.jpg

I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel it needs to be said - I don't feel that this is what is expected for a Secret Santa mission. In the past two months, I've told my wife and son how we would get a gift box in the mail with who knows what kind of goodies in the mail. I showed them pictures from last years mission. Then we get a box that sounds like something is broken inside. No padding, no wrapping, just a coin that was left over from an event, a pathtag club pathtag (another leftover), 2 travel bugs that belong to the Secret Santa that they want me to drop in a cache for them?, and some ziploc bags???? Really?? So I looked really stupid in front of my family when I had to tell them this was it.

I hate to bring any kind of negative feelings into a happy thread, but seriously, if you can't even try, don't sign up for 6 missions.

Oh Murph,

I can't believe someone sent you that as a mission and I actually thought it might be a Christmas prank, untill I read of Ashollond getting the same.

BubbaBass is still waiting for his mission and after all the whoopla I've been spreading about awesome missions, I'd hate for him to recieve that.

Enough is Enough with the leaches that come here just too get free coins, by cointests and BEGGING and then NEVER do nice things in return !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I looked up those proxy numbers, and unless I'm having a really bad start to my morning, one of them is a wrong number...not a fan of the holidays anymore anyway, but this is sad.

9Pd9L.jpg

Oh Murph,

I looked up those proxy numbers, and unless I'm having a really bad start to my morning, one of them is a wrong number...not a fan of the holidays anymore anyway, but this is sad.

Dr Neal, it is a proxy for the coin that was sent (thus not activated)

They sent a coin and a proxy of that coin to be released.

And yup, They signed up for 6 missions and it looks like they still haven't sent one out, or they recieved all their missions and didn't bother coming back to update.

They sent Baggies. Good Grief.

And a Proxy of THEIR coin to be released. How nice.

Tell your wife not to be discouraged, but watch the mail after the holidays, I've heard Santa liikes to send last minute things !!!!!!

Opalsns

Good morning everyone :mad:

I love missions and I have been very lucky this is the first year that mine was not the first one here every mission i have gotten i have liked some were big some were small some very cool as it was hand done and some from out of the USA. I love these i learn so much about other people.

My Dad had a mission that never showed up and the sender sent another one to him so he did get it we even sent a mission out to someone who did not get one, this was good to read that we helped make them happy

My Mom says the same things to my Dad Why do you do this year after year

Dad alsways says he likes to read the posts and hear that we made someone happy

He also says we are luckly others not so much remember they thought of you and made sure you had a gift many kids dont get any

My mission will be here Dad says other wise he and I will share his from Zariah

MERRY CHRISTMAS :D

ps we start our christmas missions right after christmas we are planning now hope to see all of you next year :mad:

They sent a coin and a proxy of that coin to be released.

And yup, They signed up for 6 missions and it looks like they still haven't sent one out, or they recieved all their missions and didn't bother coming back to update.

They sent Baggies. Good Grief.

And a Proxy of THEIR coin to be released. How nice.

Tell your wife not to be discouraged, but watch the mail after the holidays, I've heard Santa liikes to send last minute things !!!!!!

Opalsns

Come on now baggies for Christmas? Who wants to get baggies. At least they could have been filled with candy. If I had sent out that "stuff" I don't think I would show my face around here either.

I love missions and I have been very lucky this is the first year that mine was not the first one here every mission i have gotten i have liked some were big some were small some very cool as it was hand done and some from out of the USA. I love these i learn so much about other people.

My Dad had a mission that never showed up and the sender sent another one to him so he did get it we even sent a mission out to someone who did not get one, this was good to read that we helped make them happy

He also says we are luckly others not so much remember they thought of you and made sure you had a gift many kids dont get any

ps we start our christmas missions right after christmas we are planning now hope to see all of you next year :mad:

And it is people like you and your dad that make me want to do missions. Last year, my older daughter was a beneficiary of your generosity. I am sorry if I came across as a selfish scrooge in my last post. I was okay with Heather being the only one to receive such a package, but to hear that 5 other people received the same is just disappointing. Plus, the more that I thought about it, the advertising of proxy selling in the letter just really rubbed me the wrong way. That was totally NOT in the spirit of the missions.

I do enjoy reading when the missions are received...I am hopeful that the ones that we sent arrive soon...they were mailed out last Tuesday, but we still have not heard of any of them arriving yet. Guess the mail IS slower during the holiday season!

And it is people like you and your dad that make me want to do missions. Last year, my older daughter was a beneficiary of your generosity. I am sorry if I came across as a selfish scrooge in my last post. I was okay with Heather being the only one to receive such a package, but to hear that 5 other people received the same is just disappointing. Plus, the more that I thought about it, the advertising of proxy selling in the letter just really rubbed me the wrong way. That was totally NOT in the spirit of the missions.

I do enjoy reading when the missions are received...I am hopeful that the ones that we sent arrive soon...they were mailed out last Tuesday, but we still have not heard of any of them arriving yet. Guess the mail IS slower during the holiday season!

Yes I totally agree with you. Baggies are so totally not in the spirit of the season. :mad: To be in the spirit of the season I think that they should be sent lumps of coal and the missions they received sent on to the 6 people they were assigned.....

I have enjoyed the generosity that I have seen in the packages, and honestly, the size of my package wasn't what bothered me, it was just that there was no attempt to get anything on my wish list (which was quite vague and had very little specifics on it at all)

And honestly, if it was just me I would have kept my mouth shut about it.

It was when a 2 year got a package like that that really irked me and my wife. I have a 2 year old right now, and I would have been livid if that had happened to her.

1. Participating - BubbaBass

2. Received Name - YES ! 11/2 and Just Got the coins !

3. Mission Complete - YUPPERS, Mailed today , Hope it gets there in time.

4. Package Received -

BubbaBass likes Fish Shaped Coins and UnderWater Coins and anything to do with Bass Fishing including Hats and Tshirts - Large -

BubbaBass recieved his mission this afternoon ....

A Christmas Stocking , a box of jawbreakers , a Snowball and A Trolly Non- Trackable,

And a Florida Geocachers Geocoin and , a Candycane geocoin

d1eb02c4-285a-4de4-a08b-38f2dbf29e1c.jpg

edited to add ... We have recieved out Missions and Our Missions Have been recieved.

Thank You for Hosting The Missions , D,!!!

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns
QUOTE(DresselDragons @ Dec 23 2009, 10:01 AM)

QUOTE(Fredhead @ Dec 23 2009, 05:41 AM)

Good morning everyone

MERRY CHRISTMAS

ps we start our christmas missions right after christmas we are planning now hope to see all of you next year

Yes I totally agree with you. Baggies are so totally not in the spirit of the season. To be in the spirit of the season I think that they should be sent lumps of coal and the missions they received sent on to the 6 people they were assigned.....

I have it on good authority that Hanukah Harry has already begun putting together upgrades for those missions, starting with the kids. Z, Heather, Santa gets packages mixed up sometimes because he gets very busy this time of year. Since Hanukah Harry's job is already done for this year, he helps Santa with problems just like this. Hang in there!

ILYK

I have it on good authority that Hanukah Harry has already begun putting together upgrades for those missions, starting with the kids. Z, Heather, Santa gets packages mixed up sometimes because he gets very busy this time of year. Since Hanukah Harry's job is already done for this year, he helps Santa with problems just like this. Hang in there!

ILYK

Hanukah Harry ROCKS!!

Maine Family Grandson ( he will be 5 on December 13). He likes coins with animals, anything that makes noise, and collects butterflies, bugs, frogs, toads, bats, you know those boy things. :D

2. Received Name: November 1

3. Mission Complete:Mailed, delivered and was posted.

4. Package Received!: Not yet. If it isn't here tomorrow, I have made up a mission that he will receive.

Participating: Maine Family Nana

3. Mission Complete: Mailed, delivered and was posted.

4. Package Received!: Package arrived but we will wait to open it when my grandson gets here. Will post pictures then. Thank you..

Participating: Maine Family Papa

3. Mission Complete: Mailed, delivered and was posted.

4. Package Received!: Arrived and will post pictures when he opens it. It came from himself so thank you Secret Santa.

Merry Christmas to all.

:D It has been brought you my attention that I didn’t do a good job :mad: on the Santa Mission for this year. I wanted to send a message with my apologies. I took this mission as one thing, and found it to be something totally different and more elaborate than what I thought and I bit off more than I could chew.

I know there is nothing that I can do to make up for my shortcomings by Christmas, and maybe even not at all. All I can do is offer my apologies for the little thing that I sent.

I have reasons that I could tell you for what I sent, but I don’t think that any would do any good to make up for it.

So, for now, all I can say is I’m sorry.

Thank you for your time in doing this mission, and I hope that you have a wonderful holidays, even though I have put a damper on it.

Chipper

:mad::mad:

1. Participating: Erica-opoly Emailed Oct 19

2. Received Name: Yes

3. Mission Completed: On it's way!

4. Package Received!: Yes - And I couldn't wait to open it!

1. Participating: Jermrock III Emailed Oct 19

3. Mission Complete: On it's way!

4. Package Received!: Not yet - but there's always tomorrow!

One of our missions was recieved, the other hasn't but a package I sent to a neighbouring country the same day arrived today - so here's hopeing!

Edited by Erica-opoly

Mission #1

1. Participating: Yes :D

2. Received Name: Yes :mad:

3. Mission Completed: Yes :)

4. Package Received!: Yes :D

Mission #2

1. Participating: Yes :mad:

2. Received Name: Yes :mad:

3. Mission Completed: Yes :D

4. Package Received!: Yes :D

I'll open my missions as soon as possible. Still have some holiday preparations to take care of, and then I'll relax and enjoy my surprises. Thanks to my senders and thanks to Dave for hosting the Christmas missions.

Merry Christmas!

9Pd9L.jpg

MURPHY im very sorry to see this,, If im not mistaken this dosent even follow the minuim mission guidelines... have have to agree that this would upset me as well, the mission should include a christmassy gift... but after some reaserch,, i see Zariah has a small box from them as well.... my 2yr old girl... i decided to sneek a peek at her mission , i must say hers is a tiny bit better by one item..... , they did not put any effort into this mission what so ever!!!! and i think they should have put more effort into gifting to others.. wayyyy uncool peeps!!! :D after thinking a few more mins, Me and Zariah BOTH worked really hard on her outgoing mission, and this is just not right.

im gonna give Zariah my mission, i havent opened it yet , but cannot bring myself to give her hers, she knows what went into our out going mission and i think she deserves better. kids dont know any better that its not what you get for christmas,, as someone else has said,, if this was my mission i dunno what id think but the coin is not even kid friendly, nor would she like it.

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/25/09

2. Received Name: 11/01/09

3. Mission Complete: Sending 11/25/09

4. Package Received!: YES 12/23/2009

Need to do a bit of research

12/18/2009 Still no mission, maybe tomorrow :D

WELL TODAY WAS THE DAY.....

All I can say is THANK YOU River Tinkerbell & Family

When I got the package I called Dad, we ran down to show him at his office, and tore it open in the conference room :mad:

WOW!!!!!

Look at the size of that stocking

fa176943-df6e-41d5-8ebf-4effa217499c.jpg

ME and the stocking

ba9806ac-89ff-4159-835a-a446c5becad3.jpg

ME the stocking and the goddies we need to get Dad a playstaion at work

f0e6dec3-71ab-4418-9845-dcd7f3b958b6.jpg

coins coins coins

d6f6122b-27e7-4e66-a820-648d9f63f712.jpg

Look at those Football's Steeler Black and Gold :mad: and Christmas Green and Red

A River Tinkerbell personal geocoin

A Bejing Observatory and a John Harrison these are cool :mad:

A look twice geocoin and a great winter snowball coin.

THANK YOU again River Tinkerbell and Family

You guys are great!!!!

9Pd9L.jpg

MURPHY im very sorry to see this,, If im not mistaken this dosent even follow the minuim mission guidelines... have have to agree that this would upset me as well, the mission should include a christmassy gift... but after some reaserch,, i see Zariah has a small box from them as well.... my 2yr old girl... i decided to sneek a peek at her mission , i must say hers is a tiny bit better by one item..... , they did not put any effort into this mission what so ever!!!! and i think they should have put more effort into gifting to others.. wayyyy uncool peeps!!! :D after thinking a few more mins, Me and Zariah BOTH worked really hard on her outgoing mission, and this is just not right.

im gonna give Zariah my mission, i havent opened it yet , but cannot bring myself to give her hers, she knows what went into our out going mission and i think she deserves better. kids dont know any better that its not what you get for christmas,, as someone else has said,, if this was my mission i dunno what id think but the coin is not even kid friendly, nor would she like it.

im sorry to hear about this mean sounding ungift. im not at home at the moment so i cannot look through my trade/mission stash but i have brought one of my own activated coins with me that i wanted to drop in a geocache while im away on vacation i would like to offer to adopt it over to your child instead. i know its not a gift he is likely to get to hold for real for a while but she can give it a travel mission and watch it traveling towards your home location

geocoin TB1T3Q5

im not sure if your child has a gc account so i need you to let meknow who to send the adoption to my friend.

happy holidays everyone

QUOTE(DresselDragons @ Dec 23 2009, 10:01 AM)

QUOTE(Fredhead @ Dec 23 2009, 05:41 AM)

Good morning everyone

MERRY CHRISTMAS

ps we start our christmas missions right after christmas we are planning now hope to see all of you next year

Yes I totally agree with you. Baggies are so totally not in the spirit of the season. To be in the spirit of the season I think that they should be sent lumps of coal and the missions they received sent on to the 6 people they were assigned.....

ILYK

Dr. Neal,

Please forward my information to Hanukah Harry, maybe we can help him out a bit.

:D It has been brought you my attention that I didn’t do a good job :mad: on the Santa Mission for this year. I wanted to send a message with my apologies. I took this mission as one thing, and found it to be something totally different and more elaborate than what I thought and I bit off more than I could chew.

I know there is nothing that I can do to make up for my shortcomings by Christmas, and maybe even not at all. All I can do is offer my apologies for the little thing that I sent.

I have reasons that I could tell you for what I sent, but I don’t think that any would do any good to make up for it.

So, for now, all I can say is I’m sorry.

Thank you for your time in doing this mission, and I hope that you have a wonderful holidays, even though I have put a damper on it.

Chipper

Hello Cruisers,

Chalk it up to a lesson learned, if we all knew everything day one imagine how boring it would be.

Next year I am sure you will send out some SERIOUS OTT missions.

Possibly check out Hanukah Harry, he may need some help, after all in this season we can all forgive a bit, I think that is why we are celebrating right?

Have you received your missions?

I am sure the senders are waiting to hear of their status and see some posted pictures.

We are away from town on holiday so we might have got HunnyBunnys mission or maybe not, have no idea. It will be a surprise when we get home. We did get a note that we have something to pick up at the postal service but it did not say what.

Our missions have all been received and we have received all but HunnyBunnys.

Thank you all!!

We wish all of you a Merry Christmas and thank you for hosting this dhenninger.

grodan & fiabus

HunnyBunny

SimonLimon

MattiFnatti

mission 1 - drneal

1. Participating: e-mail sent 10-16-09

2. Received Name: 11-1-09

3. Mission Complete: going out Friday

4. Package Received!: 11-24-09

Holding onto the mission package until Christmas...should be a big lift for me to open it on the holiday...thank you santa!

mission 2 - myheine (heineken)

1. Participating: e-mail sent 10-16-09

2. Received Name: 11-2-09

3. Mission Complete: goin out Friday

4. Package Received!: 12-23-09

Didn't tell Heine I got it yet...he can open his with me on Friday...thank you santa!

ILYK
:D <snip> I took this mission as one thing, and found it to be something totally different and more elaborate than what I thought and I bit off more than I could chew.<snip>

Chipper

Dave, dhenninger said in the very first post

Your mission should include the following:

1 Unactivated Trackable Geocoin

A Christmasy gift

and a card

Anything else is up to you! You can go as wild as you like (within reason smile.gif )

There are people who really go to town and are really wildly extravagant or just plain fun at putting missions together.

Most at least follow directions (otherwise we couldn't find a cache could we?)

:D <snip> I took this mission as one thing, and found it to be something totally different and more elaborate than what I thought and I bit off more than I could chew.<snip>

Chipper

A Christmasy gift

and a card

Anything else is up to you! You can go as wild as you like (within reason smile.gif )

There are people who really go to town and are really wildly extravagant or just plain fun at putting missions together.

I see a coin, a present (pathtag,) so it seems only thing missing was a card...it's the middle of the holiday seasons, Hanukah Harry and Kwanza Kate have assured me all will be handled, starting with the kids...enjoy the holidays!

ILYK

Well, Bart got a mondo wonderful package of stuff with a Bear Christmas card! Bart is already stuffed, so he is sharing the chocolate.

And there are two caches containers... someday I may place a cache, but Bart isn't holding his breath on that one...

55580284-fb95-46ae-8979-6faf5bc00bca.jpg

And isn't this the cutest mouse and bear jar?

74983225-1adb-4695-91f2-5ec79e3a4031.jpg

And Bart got a Bear Coin !!! How cool is that ??

c5938132-c55b-4c36-b550-0e9933119def.jpg

And he is sharing this coin with me because it was on my seeking list; Bart is a polite bear.

eab47bd4-999b-4f9a-aa85-3e36e0197a5a.jpg

And here is Toojin's package. What a haul of catly goodness!!

96af795e-29ff-42b7-a4a2-e9d3f74dca26.jpg

And isn't this a great cat picture? Toojin was very pleased!

ac4393d9-5834-4416-b56a-ad9d763b7c3b.jpg

And here is the part that the cats shared with me. Yup its fish, but people fish...

And a snowball ! And a Christmas Light !! And a frog from my seeking list !!!

7cec32af-7ebe-4f71-a68e-54a885eeacb0.jpg

And here's is Harmony (Toojin's sister) with one of the toys she immediately stole.

Of course, she was all cute and inside out until I got the camera...

0f0e3bf1-23ac-4e99-84e8-fac5a3d43300.jpg

Mission #1

1. Participating: YES

2. Received Name: YES

3. Mission Complete: YES

4. Package Received!: YES from Idaho

5.their package received - YES

Mission #2

4. Package Received!: YES from Ohio

5, Their package received - NO

Mission #3

4. Package Received!: YES from Idaho

5. their package received - YES

. Package Received!: Yes

My package arrived Saturday. Sorry to just get around to posting. I opened my package right away. Inside I found a cute gingerbread man card, a geocaching bag, a redbird bell ornament,(our state bird) a tin of special German chocolates, and three very nice coins tucked in a velvet bag. The coins in the bag were a Morpho Butterfly coin, a Rivercity and Team Moagy coin, and my favorite from my seeking list, a Merry Christmas River City coin. That one just put a big smile on my face. The ice-skating bears are so cute.

Thank you Rivercity. Thank you dhenninger. And Merry Christmas everyone.

Edited by FScout
:rolleyes: <snip> I took this mission as one thing, and found it to be something totally different and more elaborate than what I thought and I bit off more than I could chew.<snip>

Chipper

:ph34r::o

A Christmasy gift

and a card

Yup,

I agree.

And I am happy that the "other holidays" are joining together to get things squared away.

The crusiers Thanked Me for my POLICING this mission Tee Hee, in their email to me,

I told them ,yup...

I read the profile, the posts and look at the pics and trackables and That's how I get my missions together.

So hopefully, they get it now.

Anyway, Thanks , Harry and Kate, And I hear Frankie, Festivas for the Rest of Us, Frappe , is getting involved!!

LOL!!

Opalsns

ILYK

First 2 missions will be on there way this morning, or as soon as Harry can schlep them over to the post office...oye ve! The other 4 missions should be in the mail Saturday.

He also told me to say thanks for those who have offered to help with these missions (that's what this season is supposed to be about!) but prefers to think of this as a gift he can give his wife.

He's hoping no other missions go unanswered, but if they do, he's certain other forum members will take over for him. Please be aware that a younger forum member offered to donate some of her stuffed animals...perhaps there was a hidden gift in the cruisers mission, the awakening of a true holiday spirit within our ranks,

ILYK

ILYK

First 2 missions will be on there way this morning, or as soon as Harry can schlep them over to the post office...oye ve! The other 4 missions should be in the mail Saturday.

He also told me to say thanks for those who have offered to help with these missions (that's what this season is supposed to be about!) but prefers to think of this as a gift he can give his wife.

He's hoping no other missions go unanswered, but if they do, he's certain other forum members will take over for him. Please be aware that a younger forum member offered to donate some of her stuffed animals...perhaps there was a hidden gift in the cruisers mission, the awakening of a true holiday spirit within our ranks,

ILYK

I am touched by the folks in this forum...the extras are so not necessary. I have it on good authority that Santa will be good to Heather tomorrow. :rolleyes: My intent when I posted in the forums was not so that Heather would receive more...it was just a way for me to vent my frustration with folks who would understand.

Thank-you paganfrog for sending an adoption request to Heather...DJJ Rocks for telling paganfrog that Heather would probably appreciate that offer more than his baby girl...and drneal for pulling strings with Harry. You guys really did not need to do all this!

1. Participating: Erica-opoly Emailed Oct 19

3. Mission Completed: On it's way!

4. Package Received!: Yes - And I couldn't wait to open it!

1. Participating: Jermrock III Emailed Oct 19

3. Mission Complete: On it's way!

4. Package Received!: Tomorrow is here and so is JermrockIII's package! It arrived just in time for Christmas along with all the boxing day flyers :rolleyes: He'll open it when he gets home from work

One of our missions was recieved, the other hasn't but a package I sent to a neighbouring country the same day arrived today - so here's hopeing!