Secret Santa 2009

dhenninger

1. Participating: Weelow - Age 2 (GeeOCachers) (email sent Oct 23)

2. Received Name: YES - Nov 1

3. Mission Complete: YES (and received)

4. Package Received!: Not Yet!! Weelow is waiting patiently :D

ps. Opalsns, that keychain isn't trackable that I remember. I think it is just the GC code for the event. Sorry.

Edited by GeeOCachers

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/25/09

2. Received Name: 11/01/09

3. Mission Complete: Sending 11/25/09

4. Package Received!: WAITING WAITING WAITING

Need to do a bit of research

Dad's face looked a bit like :D then :D after we spoke to the man at the Post Office yesterday.

But my mission is on its way, it has a long way to go but the man at the Post Office said no problem it would be there in plenty of time.santa_signal.gif

Helped Dad finish his today.

Still no Mission for me but I have 12 Days to Christmas.santa_signal.gif

12/18/2009 Still no mission, maybe tomorrow :D

Mission

1. Participating: YES

2. Received Name: YES

3. Mission Complete: YES

4. Package Received!: YES

We got our AWESOME mission today! Thank you so much to the Cutter Family!! We loved everything. Perhaps one of the coolest thing was the sand from France and D-Day. My husband is a history freak and has his Masters in History, so that was especially cool! My 15 year old stepdaughter also loved all the stuff....she claimed most of it! lol

Thank you sooo much! :D Merry Christmas!!

DSC_1549.jpg

Mission #1

1. Participating:Yes (10/31)

2. Received Name: Yes (11/2)

3. Mission Complete: Yes (12/8)

4. Package Received!: :D (12/16) from Sparticus06

Mission #2

1. Participating:Yes (10/31)

2. Received Name: Yes (11/2)

3. Mission Complete:Yes (12/8)

4. Package Received!: :D (12/18) from Kentucky

When I got home tonight, another box was there to greet me along with a nice bit of snow. As I type this, we've had 5-6" which is uncommon for this corner of NC. Tomorrow will be a great day to open my Secret Santa Packages. Both boxes are quite large and seem a bit over-the-top. Thanks in advance--I know I'll love them. I'll post some pictures when they are available.

3. Mission Complete: Yes in the Mail today 12/12/09

4. Package Received!: ARRIVED 12/19/2009

Mission Update

Mission arrived today B) :

f2c4f82d-9857-4064-b571-311125d64a81.jpg

MMMMMMMM Reeses Peanutbutter Cups my favorite :)

One box is just teasing us, as it says "Do Not Open Until Christmas" :) that is not fair :) .

Well rules are rules.

The card was extra special as it had a great seasonal drawing from Zariah:

eb95e8e8-5c8f-4dae-bbf4-0b574b104275.jpg

Hope she doesn't mind but I may re-gift to Fredhead as he is still waiting :)

Thank you Zariah and D.J. J Rock errr... I mean Secret Santa

We will post more pictures when we unwrap the packages.

3. Mission Complete: Yes in the Mail today 12/12/09

4. Package Received!: ARRIVED 12/19/2009

Mission Update

Mission arrived today :D :

f2c4f82d-9857-4064-b571-311125d64a81.jpg

MMMMMMMM Reeses Peanutbutter Cups my favorite :)

One box is just teasing us, as it says "Do Not Open Until Christmas" :) that is not fair :) .

Well rules are rules.

The card was extra special as it had a great seasonal drawing from Zariah:

eb95e8e8-5c8f-4dae-bbf4-0b574b104275.jpg

Hope she doesn't mind but I may re-gift to Fredhead as he is still waiting :)

Thank you Zariah and D.J. J Rock errr... I mean Secret Santa

We will post more pictures when we unwrap the packages.

im assuming fredhead is your son??? if his mission dosent arrive and you decide to open those with him , give him the big , thin, square one, he may like that ...just an idea ...? B) enjoy!!!!! :) oh and your welcome... :D

SANTA #1

1. Participating - Opalsgalore

2. Received Name - Yes 11/3 and just got the coin !

3. Mission Complete - YES! YES! Mailed out 11/20 for it's long journey!!!

4. Package Received! - YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

This NASCAR Fan Loves Shaped Coins , Copper Finish Coins , All Personal Coins and Candles

SANTA #2

1. Participating - BubbaBass

2. Received Name - YES ! 11/2 and Just Got the coin !

3. Mission Complete - YUPPERS, Mailed today , Hope it gets there in time.

4. Package Received -

BubbaBass likes Fish Shaped Coins and UnderWater Coins and anything to do with Bass Fishing including Hats and Tshirts - Large -

SANTA #3

1. Participating - Opalsns

2. Received Name - Yes!!

3. Mission Complete - YUPPPPPPERS, Hope it gets there fast !!

4. Package Received - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Just Waiting for BubbaBass' mission to come in.

Toojin, I'm really sorry. I tore into my package this weekend and immediately deployed the contents. Fantastically delicious chocolate/peppermint bar into gaping maw? Check!

Fun and festive tinsel onto the tree? Check!

Travel bug dog tags (which I've wanted for a LONG TIME actually!!!) attached to travel bug? Check!

A plethora of adorable and pretty micros from my wish list into my keeper pile? Check!

Taking pictures of it all before getting used/eaten/put away? Uh..crap. :o

I loved my entire package and I couldn't stop smiling when I opened all the little containers and dug into the stocking. :angry: I am really sorry I forgot to take pictures, though!

Thanks so much for the wonderful gift package!

Participating: Maine Family Nana

2. Received Name: November 1

3. Mission Complete: Mailed, delivered and was posted.

4. Package Received!: Package arrived today but we will wait to open it when my grandson gets here. Will post pictures then. Thank you..

Participating: Maine Family Papa

3. Mission Complete: Mailed, delivered and was posted.

4. Package Received!: Arrived today and will post pictures when he opens it. It came from himself so thank you Secret Santa.

1. Participating: Maine Family Grandson ( he will be 5 on December 13). He likes coins with animals, anything that makes noise, and collects butterflies, bugs, frogs, toads, bats, you know those boy things. :o

3. Mission Complete:Mailed, delivered and was posted.

4. Package Received!: Not yet

Yeah!! Finally the third package arrived! All the way from Idaho... We couldn't wait until Christmas Eve (which is present-opening day here in Sweden), so we opened all our packages tonight. All we can say is WOW!! Thank you so much to Shadow's Friend and NOSNOW, to the Brewmeister & Moonchaii (spelling??), and to René and Kerstin. Pictures will follow in a later post, but a short summary of the contents are: candy, chocolate, toys, coins, path tags, chocolate, Christmas tree decorations, a small drinking glass, candy :laughing: ... I have probably forgotten lots of things already, but THANK YOU!!!

geosmurfarna - Camilla

1. Participating: Oct 18

2. Received Name: Nov 1

3. Mission Complete: Dec 1

4. Package Received: Dec 21

geosmurfarna - Krister

4. Package Received: Dec 11

geosmurfarna - Felicia (age 12 - does NOT like pink! Loves blue and turquois, and horses)

4. Package Received: Dec 8

As far as I know, our three packages have all reached their recipients. I will check again to make sure.

A big thank you also to Dhenninger for hosting this mission!!

1. Participating: Toojin (the black cat)

2. Received Name: 1 Nov 2009

3. Mission Complete: 13 December 2009

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating: Bart the Bear

3. Mission Complete: 9 Dec 2009

4. Package Received!: 7 Dec 2009

Here's the box Bart got on the 7th. We are waiting until Christmas to open, or at least nearer to Christmas. Toojin is still waiting for his.

8d3f959f-ac66-4950-8a0a-5e21974568d6.jpg

1. Participating #1: email sent 10/16/09

2. Received Name: Yes 11/01/09

3. Mission Complete: Yes- 12/14/09

4. Package Received!: YES! AUSTRALIAN Postmark...

1. Participating #2: email sent 10/16/09

2. Received Name: Yes 11/01/09

3. Mission Complete:Yes-12/14/09

4. Package Received!: Yes-12/21/09

OK, so we had a slight BUG problem around Halloween :laughing: . Thought I had taken care of it, but noooo, just in time for Christmas a re-infestation!!!!! :laughing: A package from Maine, with a big bag of M&M's. A couple of cars with buggy travel bug tags, a ready to go (after a shot of RAID) cache, UCONN Husky fight song keychain, and a (buggy) card with a Flanders Field poppy and a sig item. And a 'Team Rod & Tod' Stop/Look Coin and a Chef CacheAlot/Dutch Treat coin.

Thank You Patty! :):D:D

b16df5c9-786d-4f14-b28e-b1b1ea1bbb2d.jpg

98067a16-adce-462a-b58d-62ec2a6525d5.jpg82bc5430-30ec-4468-b40f-9206e96f678f.jpg

1. Participating: Toojin (the black cat)

3. Mission Complete: 13 December 2009

4. Package Received!: 21 December 2009 !!!!!

1. Participating: Bart the Bear

3. Mission Complete: 9 Dec 2009

4. Package Received!: 7 Dec 2009 !!!!!

And here is the box that Toojin received today. Evidently it smells very catty, so we may not be able to wait to open this one.

33c81194-a316-432f-97fc-242736b073a5.jpg

LadyBee4T

1. Participating: 10-30-09

2. Received Name: 11-1-09

3. Mission Complete: Yes

4. Package Received!: YES!! I received a box that was just packed with some great items. Nope there weren't 2 lumps of coal in this package no matter what the card said. There were two containers with Santa candy, complete with a light up penguin, gum balls and other Christmas stuff. The lunchtime coin is really cute--I've never seen one in person before. I also received a classic armadillo!! WOW!! Thanks so much ashallond. You sent a great mission!!

77401449-abc5-4fab-bdc7-e9ff70920ea7.jpg

Riley the GeoDog

1. Participating: 10-30-09

2. Received Name: 11-1-09

3. Mission Complete: Yes

4. Package Received!: Mom finally let me open my mission. I think that since she received hers she let me open it because she is the one that couldn't wait until Christmas!! Mom read the card to me and it had a very nice note inside. It said that kitties were my Secret Santa. Mom liked that. I have no idea what kitties are but any kitty that sends me a package like this one is for sure a friend of mine! :laughing:

I was finally able to get inside that good smelling box and check it out. Here is what I found.

23d9cf21-4ba4-4857-94c3-4c0858c49a0a.jpg

Since there were so many treats I let Molly pick out what she wanted. Layla picked out some too.

d176eaeb-4873-43c4-9c1b-21af021c78ba.jpg

There was a stocking with a coin and a squeaky toy. Those are pretty fun. A treat bag with brownie bites in it--yummy and how about those filet mignon flavored treats? There was even a package for mom decorated with a chocolate bee. It was a lock and lock with a cookie, candy and a coin inside. I did like opalsns and fairyhoney said to do--I grabbed one of the candies in her box!! She said that taffy was for her so I didn't have it for long. The coin was a Cache Gods coin so we will have to place them soon to keep those gods happy! There was a bison tube and I will name that the Riley's & Kitties Cache when we find a good hiding spot. I soon found there were 3 other coins in the box. Key to the Cache, Celtic Moon and a Dog Days of Summer. You kitties spoiled me and packed a VERY nice package. She says those are great coins and she loves them. I think I will have to hide them so that my paws are the only ones that get to touch them....Thank you kitties!! Molly and Layla thank you too!! So does Mom!!

I hope that your soon to be hu-brother drops a lot of good things for you to eat. I hear that they do that a lot of the time!!

Merry Christmas!!! Thank you Secret Santa Kitties!!! :laughing::santa:

6fa388ea-7e5f-490f-b2fb-d246d024789a.jpg

Thanks Dave for hosting these missions. We had a lot of fun!!

Edited by LadyBee4T

Great Idea

Group Hug!!!!!!!!

I Love Santa

1. Participating:Labrador Wild Man

2. Received Name: YES 01/11/09

3. Mission Complete: 12 Nov 09 Sent out to-day just hope Santa dose not get stuck in the SNOW!!!!!! may have to drop by his house and give him a hand

4. Package Received!:Big thanks santa arrived 21 Dec 09

Fingers crossed better write that letter to Santa

Wait! i can just walk down the road and drop by

we have a foot of snow already

Labrador Wild Man

must have been a good boy in 2009 lets hope i can be in 2010

a9fb116c-9445-4770-b887-d8ebeea6b583.jpg

I'm sitting here, trying to write this, and I just don't know where to begin.

You see, I didn't sign up for a mission, yet, today we received the MOST fantastic mission in the mail from the Cutter Family.

I haven't taken pictures, aside from the Hershey's Kisses and the coins, nothing has been opened yet. It's all under the tree, waiting patiently for Christmas.

I cried when I read the letter, not a note, a letter, that was sent. I wish I could properly thank you and your family, but I'm at a loss for words.

Some of you know me, some of you might think I'm a newcomer, but I'm anything but that. I used to be quite active, but life these past few months just has beaten me to a pulp. Between a new baby, losing my job, finances and a few other things I've just basically drawn back from a whole lot.

This package today meant more than you know to Micke and I. We were really worried about being able to provide the girls with much of a Christmas, but thanks to your generosity and love, a bit more from Karin of Grodan & Fiabus, a lot of love from Lois-Ann/Hollora, and a package from the Swedish Santa that came without a return address on it or anything else to say who it was from!

I know that Christmas isn't about the gifts you get, but you still want to make it a special time for your kids, and to them, it IS about the gifts, and when you're strapped and can't give them the way you want to, it really hurts.

So, thank you again, Cutter family, from the bottom of our hearts, for your generosity, love, and letter and for saving our Christmas for us, along with the others who have surprised us with their love and generosity.

Oh yeah, I LOVE the Jangor's micros, thank you!!

Thanks again,

Naomi and Micke and the kids - Mousekakat

4205756587_520bf10d0e.jpg

1. Participating:JGYPSY33

2. Received Name:Yes

3. Mission Complete:still shopping

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating:Alex2520

3. Mission Complete:still shopping

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating:Andrew2520

3. Mission Complete:Still shopping

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating:SLAPPY

3. Mission Complete:Still shopping

4. Package Received!:

This is our first mission.....WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

All incoming packages have been received. They really appreciate the coins and gifts. They would post here (and still might), but they are having trouble logging into the forums.

1. Participating: Oct. 16/09

2. Received Name: Yes Nov. 2/09

3. Mission Complete: Sent Nov. 20/09 Santa please be careful with this one thsantaanddeer.gif

4. Package Received!:

Went to the mailbox and inside was a key for the larger mailbox 39.gif

There inside was an overstuffed box from the Netherlands, oh my, my Secret Santa has arrived

But I must wait to Christmas Eve when we open our presents or otherwise I'd be bad :laughing:

Here it is under (near, cause it is so big and heavy and overstuffed) the tree, I'll post what is inside as soon as I open it :)

004.jpg

Thank you Secret Santa, we know who it is don't we Anne :laughing:

Not much to laugh for me in the last time while walking from one doctor to the next :(

So it was a quite hard time for me and my family, but yesterday the postman...or better the package that he brought made me really smile and sing (ask my family...i really sang christmas songs :) )

I tried to wait until christmas, but after two hours i just couldn`t wait any longer :).

This was an amazing package. Not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE coins and as good as all of them from my seeking-list :D:)

But that was not the best in the package...there were selfmade cookies....MJAMMMII (I haven't tried them yet, but i really think they taste great...anyhow they smell as if they do :) )

There also were two little fir branches with little bells and Christmas decoration on them.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures...

igjux4qn.jpg

a2ctyw6z.jpg

A veeeeeeryyyy big Thank you Chur, your package really brought the Christmas spirit back to our house :)

It's over a day, that the package arrived, but i still take it as good as every two hours, open it, look at it, smile,pack it again, put it back under the tree and look forward to open it again :)

This was an amazing package Chur...I can't say how much i like it :) ...THANK YOU! and Merry Christmas :)

1.Participating: Scificollector

2.Received Name: Yes

3.Mission Complete: Yes - Sent Priority Mail so should arrive on time!

4.Package Received: Yes

I got a call at work from my fiancee saying that I had several packages awaiting for me at home. She was especially intereseted in the one from Sweden. Sweden? I hadn't ordered anything for her birthday or christmas from Sweden? She wanted to open it up right there but I said it would be better to wait until I got home as there were several things I had ordered for her. When I got home, I realized that this must be the Secret Santa box from the Forums. The twins, Angel, and I gathered around the box and opened it up. I was speechless in the items within!

The box contained 3 pathtags, a Garmin hat, a Singing Sinter Claus, an 4 Musketeers Cardinal red in Copper, an ANASAZI Spirit Dweller, 2 Nerd coins (one a glow coin - woot!), chocolate, ornaments, cookies, an adorable silver glitter moose, and various other christmasy items.

I know that the geocachers are a generous group but this just beggared the imagination!!! Thank you so much for all the items and have a Merry Christmas!!!

Tim (scificollector), Angel (EvilDevil), Ashley (AshleyBear), and Paige (PagerSweetie)

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01298.jpg

Edited by scificollector

1. Participating: Churs Mission 1

2. Received Name: 2.Nov 2009

3. Mission Complete: Sent at the 5th of December

4. Package Received!: Yeah!!!! A really cool parcel from Leiden

1. Participating: Churs Mission 2

2. Received Name:2.Nov 2009

3. Mission Complete: sent at the 6th of December

4. Package Received!: Yes! A big parcel from Jonesboro arrived!

This time i will wait for christmas, before I open it :D

1. Participating: Churs Mission 3

2. Received Name:2.Nov 2009

3. Mission Complete: sent at the 19th

4. Package Received!: Not yet. But then I still have something to look forward to after christmas...

All my parcels have been received now, and I'm happy to hear that they arrived safely and I can see those pictures :(:):)

Have a nice christmas!

All of our missions have been mailed out and the last where mailed 2nd day on Monday early so they will be there on Wednesday so keep a eye out your window for the mail man.

I am sure it will be worth the wait for these,

We are waiting on two of ours but we will be waiting to open these until Christmas Day so it is fine if they show up at the last minute.

I hope everyone enjoys there missions and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all.

1. Participating:River Cacher

3. Mission Complete:Mailed out of us Express mail 6 to 10 days.

4. Package Received!:NOT YET

1. Participating:River Tinkerbell

3. Mission Complete:Sending 2 day mail YES

4. Package Received!:YES

1. Participating:River Princess

3. Mission Complete:sending 2 day mail YES

4. Package Received!: NOT YET

1. Participating:River Dancer

4. Package Received! YES Three wonderful looking packages. Dad said i must wait until christmas. URGHHHHH

1. Participating:River Boarder

4. Package Received!: YES

1. Participating:River Ziggy (Kitty)

3. Mission Complete:Sending 2 day mail

4. Package Received!:MEOWWWWYES. I have been told i must wait as well.

Thanks for hosting the mission and making sure we all had fun this year.

Just wondering...did someone get my package? It should have been there by now.

LOL I was working on the pictures when you posted this!! Yep I received it and MUCH appreciated. Thanks so much. I know that I could be difficult to choose for but you did a GREAT job!! :(

I had some help getting something on your list. Yeah, it's hard to get some coins that the prolific coin collectors need that they don't already have when you have nothing really to trade with.

:D Glad you liked it. It's always nice to try to help someone find something on their list. It doesn't always happen in these missions I've found out. Glad to be able to help you.

WOW!! My Santa box arrived today....and, of course, I couldn't wait.

THANK YOU big time to anne.and.eli - you did a great box.

Loved the coins - I don't have either one, and have wanted the fishy cache one! Thank you. Loved all the xmasy goodies and the munchies! Mmmm....fudge! And those fish ornaments are so fun. The little xmas bear will go with me to work to sit on my desk.

I will try and post a photo in the next day or so. :D

Participating- Mrs usyoopers

Received Name- got it! 11/2

Mission Complete- In the mail this morning...12/3

Package Arrived- Yesterday...12/8

I have absolutely no self-control, I ripped into it right away. :( (took me awhile to get the pics though)

A fantastic package from Finamore Family! A cache container ready to go with all kinds of good swag items- how cool is that?!!? There was chocolate (only a memory now :D ), an ornament that went on the tree, a geocaching lanyard. A green Optical Illusions coin and a Pathtag Sherpa! I will wait till spring to plant the flower seeds. It's kinda snowy here right now (just a blizzard going on today) but we will get your traveler out real soon!

Thanks much for such a nice gift!!

Participating- the other yooper

Received Name- got it! 11/2

Mission Complete- A long journey for this one, it is on its way 11/25

Package Arrived- 12/22

The other yooper was greeted with a box of wrapped packages today! ( I let him open it )

95353e67-015b-414e-b116-b5a1adf997be.jpg

He expected to open the wrapped packages too! Ok, I let him....

9e374909-f84e-4b1c-9b98-20cbd9258a90.jpg

Lots of nice things from E&Cplus3! Bison tubes!! What fun we shall have placing those! Light sticks, chocolate, a book. 3 coins- A Neverland Cachers Wheel, A Coinucopia Event Coin- that looked like a fun event, and a beautiful coin of E&Cplus3- really a work of art! Thanks much for a really nice gift!

WOW!! My Santa box arrived today....and, of course, I couldn't wait.

THANK YOU big time to anne.and.eli - you did a great box.

Loved the coins - I don't have either one, and have wanted the fishy cache one! Thank you. Loved all the xmasy goodies and the munchies! Mmmm....fudge! And those fish ornaments are so fun. The little xmas bear will go with me to work to sit on my desk.

I will try and post a photo in the next day or so. :(

Awesome!! I'm glad it got to you okay. :) The Fudge and taffy are made in Santa Cruz where I am. :)

I'm also happy it made it before Christmas!

Of course I just recently found two more things that were supposed to go in the box and I forgot to send them. :D

So here is my secret santa gift:

9Pd9L.jpg

I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel it needs to be said - I don't feel that this is what is expected for a Secret Santa mission. In the past two months, I've told my wife and son how we would get a gift box in the mail with who knows what kind of goodies in the mail. I showed them pictures from last years mission. Then we get a box that sounds like something is broken inside. No padding, no wrapping, just a coin that was left over from an event, a pathtag club pathtag (another leftover), 2 travel bugs that belong to the Secret Santa that they want me to drop in a cache for them?, and some ziploc bags???? Really?? So I looked really stupid in front of my family when I had to tell them this was it.

I hate to bring any kind of negative feelings into a happy thread, but seriously, if you can't even try, don't sign up for 6 missions.

9Pd9L.jpg

I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel it needs to be said - I don't feel that this is what is expected for a Secret Santa mission. In the past two months, I've told my wife and son how we would get a gift box in the mail with who knows what kind of goodies in the mail. I showed them pictures from last years mission. Then we get a box that sounds like something is broken inside. No padding, no wrapping, just a coin that was left over from an event, a pathtag club pathtag (another leftover), 2 travel bugs that belong to the Secret Santa that they want me to drop in a cache for them?, and some ziploc bags???? Really?? So I looked really stupid in front of my family when I had to tell them this was it.

I hate to bring any kind of negative feelings into a happy thread, but seriously, if you can't even try, don't sign up for 6 missions.

MURPHY im very sorry to see this,, If im not mistaken this dosent even follow the minuim mission guidelines... have have to agree that this would upset me as well, the mission should include a christmassy gift... but after some reaserch,, i see Zariah has a small box from them as well.... my 2yr old girl... i decided to sneek a peek at her mission , i must say hers is a tiny bit better by one item..... , they did not put any effort into this mission what so ever!!!! and i think they should have put more effort into gifting to others.. wayyyy uncool peeps!!! :D after thinking a few more mins, Me and Zariah BOTH worked really hard on her outgoing mission, and this is just not right.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I at least got a bag of coffee with my box that was similar to those. And a Disney vacations button.

I'll be honest. This was a bit smaller than my expectations, and my wife asked me why I did these missions as this was the second one in a row that I got a minimal package.

Now, I am not going to massively complain about it as this is a friendly mission and I am thankful for getting a package and being able to participate in these missions. But....yeah. I think my feelings have already been expressed.

Now, I am not going to massively complain about it as this is a friendly mission and I am thankful for getting a package and being able to participate in these missions. But....yeah. I think my feelings have already been expressed.

I hear ya, dude. All through high school and college, anytime I did these things I typically got shortchanged. Says something about my state of mind that I keep hoping, tho! lol.

However, this Santa is concerned. GeeOCachers, please check in. I'm getting worried that you have not gotten your box yet. Two of the more unusual presents require about a month to....ahem....'complete' and will need time to be replaced if the package has gone astray. :D

Still waiting for mine to arrive. :( It lessens the temptation to open it early!!!! :)

Love checkin the Mission scene :) Hadent done a mission since about this time last year. I always had good luck in my missions and always tried to rock up a killer mission statement which always turned out last minute, cuz somethin got left here or left there, or no wrapping, not enough candy, deciding that "yeah, I really do wanna get that pooping polar bear" and the such, AHHHHHHHHH...makes me wanna do a mission :D

Nice to see the killer missions, they're always fun :) Hope everyones missions are all they ever hoped them to be :( Till Next time, have a merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year!

CACHE HARD and CACHE ON!

9Pd9L.jpg

MURPHY im very sorry to see this,, If im not mistaken this dosent even follow the minuim mission guidelines... have have to agree that this would upset me as well, the mission should include a christmassy gift... but after some reaserch,, i see Zariah has a small box from them as well.... my 2yr old girl... i decided to sneek a peek at her mission , i must say hers is a tiny bit better by one item..... , they did not put any effort into this mission what so ever!!!! and i think they should have put more effort into gifting to others.. wayyyy uncool peeps!!! :D after thinking a few more mins, Me and Zariah BOTH worked really hard on her outgoing mission, and this is just not right.

My 7 year old daughter received her mission from the same folks as you...she also had an inflatable pool toy (which will sit in the closet until summer) with her baggies, proxies, 1 geocoin and 1 pathtag (and a letter that said that there were 2 coins in the package - I did email the sender and was told that they forgot to edit that sentence out of the letter). The letter also made reference to them selling "goecoin proxies". That did not sit well with me for 2 reasons: 1) we do not believe in sending out proxies (but understand why folks do), and 2) I did not sign up my daughter for to receive an advertisement...I signed her up to receive a Christmas mission.

We took a 1 year break from missions because we had too many bad experiences (ones that never showed up - 3 missions in a row), and it is very disappointing to return to the mission scene and receive something like this. I think I would feel less disappointed about it if the package was for me and not my daughter. I received a very generous mission, and she received ziploc baggies. I think we're done with missions...again. It is not worth the disappointed looks on my kids faces.