Secret Santa 2009

dhenninger

Zephyr and Dug received their Secret Santa box today! It was stuffed so full. They did not open their stockings yet, so pictures will have to wait a while. Thank You Thank You Thank You

I only signed up for a pet exchange this year because I felt a little strange assigning someone to send me a Secret Santa gift. Wouldn't be much of a secret, would it :D

But Zephyr and Dug did not want to miss out, so I entered them.

Thank You again to my Secret Santa, and I will post some pics soon.

Edited by dhenninger

UPDATE!!!!!!!

There were several people that emailed me late. I am going to do a second round for people that missed out on the first round. So if you missed it the first time, you can still get in. You will not have as much time to mail your missions, but that should be ok for most of the US people.

So if you want to get in on the second round, email me your info to: xmassock@gmail.com

Real Name

Caching Name

Mailing address

and some info about you. (m/f, child/adult/family, ie)

DEADLINE is November 21 Midnight EST

Edited by dhenninger

1. Participating: Yes, email sent 10/16/09

2. Received Name: 11/2/09

3. Mission Complete: Research started

4. Package Received!: Yes 11/14/09

Wow, I think my mission has arrived. I got a box today from me to me, weird not what did I mail myself. So I open the box and it is full of little x-mas presents. Okay I will not open the individual present at least until after Thanksgiving. I am pretty sure I know who sent it, since only one person says they have sent theirs out. So thanks to my Secret Santa and I will post pictures when I open them. Thanks again.

1. Participating:Millieballon

2. Received Name: yes some time ago

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating: Millieballon/Jetske

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating:Millieballon/Lars

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Have done some shopping last week. Not to easy because it is time for the Dutch Sinterklaas. Only after he leaves december 5th shops will fill up with xmas things.

I'm lucky to have wanted coins for 2 of our "receivers"

The third one is giving us a hard time. We'll have to work on that.

A yes, I am one of the late birds, Sorry

Participating: CCWashburn

Email Sent : Yes

Mission name received :No

Mission Sent: No

Mission Received:No

I am an Adult Female with a thing for geocoins especially space and Native American themed ones. I am beginning to collect Path Tags also. I enjoy being outdoors doing astronomy, geocaching, roller skating and just being active.

The mission is almost ready to go out.

I just wanted to be sure of something (it is the first time I'm taking part in a secret Santa mission.

So you have to write a card to send with it, but you don't sign it to keep the sender a secret, right? Do some people sign?

Thanks in advance!

You can do either -- some people like to keep it a secret and try to get their recipient to guess...others sign their name right away. It's really up to you. I have been on the receiving end of both methods and enjoy both! :)

Unless I missed a requirement for this particular mission....

The mission is almost ready to go out.

I just wanted to be sure of something (it is the first time I'm taking part in a secret Santa mission.

So you have to write a card to send with it, but you don't sign it to keep the sender a secret, right? Do some people sign?

Thanks in advance!

You can do either -- some people like to keep it a secret and try to get their recipient to guess...others sign their name right away. It's really up to you. I have been on the receiving end of both methods and enjoy both! :)

Unless I missed a requirement for this particular mission....

It's From Santa :)

I am back here to check if there was a christmas mission. No money to buy or trade coins at the moment, but I need a cheer up, so a mission for christmas is the right thing :) I was disappointed at first to see that I had missed the deadline, but then I discovered that there was a second chance for people like me who were late :D

1. Participating: Yes, email sent 11/17/09

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

I will not be able to do much trading for a coin from a wish-list, but I will do my best to send a great mission anyway.

I have no self control at all when it comes to packages including coins :) so if one of the secret santa missions arrive I am pretty sure it will not be unwrapped for long unless it says " Do not open until Xmas" somewhere. If it does then I will have to wait at least until our Glöggevent, dec 19. :D

But on the other hand, if it is going overseas then it feels good to have it sent out because that can take a while sometimes and sometimes it is very fast.

I am waiting for a bunch of special coins to put in my missions and hopefully they will arrive in Sweden in time and still give the missions plenty of time to arrive.

And, the missions I send out may, almost should, be opened before christmas!

grodan Karin

Participating: Maine Family Nana

2. Received Name: November 1

3. Mission Complete: Took it to the post office this afternoon, mailed it with delivery confirmation.

4. Package Received!:

Participating: Maine Family Papa

3. Mission Complete: Took it to the post office this afternoon, mailed it with delivery confirmation.

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating: Maine Family Grandson ( he will be 5 on December 13). He likes coins with animals, anything that makes noise, and collects butterflies, bugs, frogs, toads, bats, you know those boy things. :laughing:

3. Mission Complete:Took it to the post office this afternoon, mailed it with delivery confirmation..

4. Package Received!:

quick question.....

we just need to get our package DELIVERED by christmas right?

Yes, delivered by Christmas ;) so if your person is in the US and you are in the US, it is pretty early :) but still ok

Yeah, no worries. :D I am usually not so on top of things but if I am sending my missions out from Australia, it's gonna take some time...BTW I now remember why I've been doing fewer missions, They were over $40 AUD to send :laughing::)

I Love My Secret Santa ;)

1. Participating:HOOAH!!

2. Received Name: Oct. 23rd

3. Mission Complete: :laughing:

4. Package Received!: :anicute::D:D:D

Thank You Dave For Putting in all the Time & Work it Took to Help Make This Happen :lol:

You received your mission ? If so, we want pictures! hehe

YEA, We NEED pictures pictures, We thrive on pictures in these here missions :P:lol: !

Edited by fairyhoney

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/25/09

2. Received Name: 11/01/09

3. Mission Complete: I have everything I need just need to get it in the USPS

4. Package Received: YES on 11/16/09, this is going to hard to wait that long......

Don't wait! we all are waiting to see what you got too!!! :P;) Well maybe wait until after Thanskgiving...

SANTA #1

1. Participating - Opalsns

2. Received Name - Yes 11/3 and just got the coin !

3. Mission Complete - YES! YES! Mailed out 11/20 for it's long journey!!!

4. Package Received! -

This NASCAR Fan Loves Shaped Coins , Copper Finish Coins , All Personal Coins and Candles

SANTA #2

1. Participating - BubbaBass

2. Received Name - YES ! 11/2 and Just Got the coin !

3. Mission Complete - Got The Coins , got the card, and now, the gift ?

4. Package Received -

BubbaBass likes Fish Shaped Coins and UnderWater Coins and anything to do with Bass Fishing including Hats and Tshirts - Large -

Mission #1: sunsetmeadowlark

Participating - Yes, email sent 10/17/09

Name Received - Yes, 11/1/09

Outgoing package Mailed - Yes, 11/12/09

Incoming package Received

Mission #2: StarWarsCam

Incoming package Received - Yes, 11/21/09 - Thanks Maine Family! Cams package arrived yesterday but he's away for the weekend so doesn't know yet. I have to decide if I'll let him open it early or wait until closer to Christmas. :( Either way, I'll post pictures when he opens it!

Mission #3: Blue Montana/Briar Rose/Nuka (dogs)

Incoming package Received

Well, I happy to say my package was sent out today. It shouldn't take too long so the recipient might have to struggle to wait and open it...however, I am fine with it getting opened anytime...that is, if they can figure out that it was I who sent it! lol!

My husband walked by the kitchen table last night as I was getting it all ready and said - "what are you? a box engineer??" - I wanted to get that last little item in and had to carve the box down to get rid of the weight of the cardboard! More gifts...less cardboard!

Anyway, without further ado...

1. Participating: Yes, email sent 16-Oct-09

2. Received Name: Yes, email received 01-Nov-09

3. Mission Complete: Yes, mailed 23-Nov-09

4. Package Received!:

Well, it looks like due to the generosity of a few cachers helping me out, I finally have a coin on the way to me that I'm going to use for the mission. All is not lost!

(yay!)

Also, whoever has my name, if you need help getting info on me, have a surrogate toss me a note, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Chickahominy

1. Participating - Yes

2. Name Received - Yes

3. Mission Mailed - 11/23/09

4. Mission Received - No

PV=nRT

1. Participating - Yes

2. Name Received - Yes

3. Mission Mailed - 11/23/09

4. Mission Received - No

I am so excited! I hope the recipients like their packages. I had fun planning and putting the missions together. Also learned a valuable lesson about sending 4 pounds of chocolate overseas! Forty dollars shipping! LOL!

Mission Email Sent: Yes... 10-30-09

Mission Name Received: Yes... 11-01-09

Mission Sent - Yes... 11-24-09

Mission Received - No

It was time I wrapped the package, I couldn't stop adding stuff in it :)

Every time I join a mission, I'm so excited to see when my recipient will receive the package and if he enjoys what I sent him that I forget that I'm also going to receive something too :)

HO HO HO :santa:

mission 1 - drneal

1. Participating: e-mail sent 10-16-09

2. Received Name: 11-1-09

3. Mission Complete: going out Friday

4. Package Received!: 11-24-09

Holding onto the mission package until Christmas...should be a big lift for me to open it on the holiday...thank you santa!

mission 2 - myheine (heineken)

1. Participating: e-mail sent 10-16-09

2. Received Name: 11-2-09

3. Mission Complete: goin out Friday

4. Package Received!:

ILYK

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/25/09

2. Received Name: 11/01/09

3. Mission Complete: Sending 11/25/09

4. Package Received!: WAITING WAITING WAITING

Need to do a bit of research

Dad's face looked a bit like :) then :) after we spoke to the man at the Post Office yesterday.

But my mission is on its way, it has a long way to go but the man at the Post Office said no problem it would be there in plenty of time.santa_signal.gif