Secret Santa 2009

dhenninger

We are excited our missions are here :P

working on our list, it is fun to give as to receive!

email sent & received

mission names- received B)

Will - Dad

Hope - Mom

William- 11 yr. boy

Issabella -11 yr girl

Shadow- 7 month black lab puppy

No wish list, just waiting for the surprise that each of us will receive :P:rolleyes:

Edited by Finamore Family

gardengorilla

1. Participating: Oct. 31 2009

2. Received Name: Nov. 1 2009

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Cinnabear (girl, 11 years old...not girly girl but funky! :rolleyes: )

1. Participating:Oct.31 2009

2. Received Name: Nov. 1 2009

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Okay, ready to send some smiles from down under!

SANTA'S COMING!!

Santa #1 :rolleyes:

1. Participating: CUTT4 (email sent 10-16-09)

2. Received Name: 11-1-09

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Santa #2 :P

1. Participating:TRIO-4 (email sent 10-16-09)

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Now to get to the shopping! Hmmm ... what to get, what to get B) the options are many and the time is short!

LadyBee4T

1. Participating: 10-30-09

2. Received Name: 11-1-09 researching commencing

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Riley the GeoDog

1. Participating: 10-30-09

2. Received Name: 11-1-09 Mom said I can go to the store with her to pick out my little gifts!!! woof woof

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

To the secret santa cacher who got our names. I am working on our lists so check back in a few days.......

Also on final thing, if any one is willing to switch missions, i have one person with an international mission that requested a switch because they have had the same person in previous exchanges.

Thank You to everyone who has participated.

Please make sure to mail your packages with plenty of time to get there by Christmas. This is especially important for international missions.

email sent

In most missions I have been in I make a plea to others to have a list somewhere!! So again I am asking that favor. :rolleyes: Even if you don't have a seeking list maybe even a list of coins you do have so we don't send you a duplicate. ( That would mean though that we both have good taste in coins! LOL)

Ohters have used a tb page for their coin lists or even in their profile. Here is a free site where you can list coins.

Free Coin Listing Site

Now back to revising my own lists......

An updated keeperslist would bevery helpful. I am in for 4 missions and 3 have lists but I doubt one of them to be updated. Also some info about if the missions are for a person or pets or kid would be helpful.

My keepers are all activated so my santa can look in my profile also and at www.geocoincollection.com

So please update your lists. :rolleyes:

grodan Karin

Yeah! Let the research (and shopping) begin!! :rolleyes:

geosmurfarna - Camilla

1. Participating: Oct 18

2. Received Name: Nov 1

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received:

geosmurfarna - Krister

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received:

geosmurfarna - Felicia (age 12 - does NOT like pink! Loves blue and turquois, and horses)

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received:

Off to do some research now!

X~mas the best time of the year :PB):mad:

Mission 1: girl doggie..........

1. Participating: Lorca

2. Received Name: JEPPPPPPP 02-11-2009

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Mission 2: girl human

1. Participating: Anne

2. Received Name: JEPPPPP 02-11-2009

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

AND WE ARE VERY HAPPY THAT WE CAN GO SHOPPPP :rolleyes::PB)

THIS IS Important :rolleyes: !

"But... there are quite a few new people and friends that either don't have a seperate GC.com account or don't have much info about themselves on their profile. Please post a little about yourself, or if you don't want to do that, you can email it to me and I will pass it along."

It will make you getting things appropriate for you easier . . .

1. Participating: Maine Family Nana

2. Received Name: November 1

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating: Maine Family Papa

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating: Maine Family Grandson ( he will be 5 on December 13). He likes coins with animals, anything that makes noise, and collects butterflies, bugs, frogs, toads, bats, you know those boy things. :rolleyes:

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Edited by Maine Family

Toojin is a cat and he likes cat toys and catnip (actually he is addicted).

Bart is in a stuffed bear, you can see many pictures of him in Toojin's profile in the gallery.

We all like signature items and event coins are our favorite type of coins. But we really like opening packages and Toojin and his sister Harmony like sitting in empty cardboard boxes and playing with packing material. See? We are easy!!

Edited by Toojin

Whoever got my name should be getting one of those info email additions as i sent a lot of extra info in with my 'i agree to play in the santa mission' If you don't...have a surrogate sent me a note, and i'll send them a note with all the interesting goodies of information.

Question. What if I can't find anything on my name's wish list? Do I just hope for the best? Cause I promise you, I probably don't have anything they want/need....as I've only cached since April. I have a few unactivated coins that I've gotten in a trade or two/contest wins, but none of them on on their list. :s

Also,

1. Participating: 10/25/09

2. Received Name: 11/01/09

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

1. Participating: Email sent 10/16/09

2. Received Name: Yes, 11/1/09

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

My coin list are in my signature. I am a paleontologist so expensive and rare fossils are always welcome. LOL I am easy to please anything that isn't on my keeper list is desirable. Heck there are coins I have never heard of or seen. :rolleyes:

Whoever got my name should be getting one of those info email additions as i sent a lot of extra info in with my 'i agree to play in the santa mission' If you don't...have a surrogate sent me a note, and i'll send them a note with all the interesting goodies of information.

Question. What if I can't find anything on my name's wish list? Do I just hope for the best? Cause I promise you, I probably don't have anything they want/need....as I've only cached since April. I have a few unactivated coins that I've gotten in a trade or two/contest wins, but none of them on on their list. :s

Also,

1. Participating: 10/25/09

2. Received Name: 11/01/09

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Well if its me I am currently updating my list as I type! :rolleyes:B) If its not, well what I have done in the past in take a look at their list and see what type of coins they seem to like and collect and then find something in that same vein. The other thing that might work is to give them something that would make a great trader so they could trade to get something on their list. The hardest part is when there is no list at all. Or maybe if there isn't a list then it is easy!

We have 6 River Family members in on missions.

I have tried to make sure everyone has something on there profile.

I also have been working on my seeking list on cointracking.

If anyone has any questions on any of the River Kids or pets Please let me know.

Ziggy the cat has some info on River Dancer Profile.

I hope everyone has fun on this wonderful mission.

I have already helped my family find several coins for each of there missions.

I am so glad i have a large selection of coins.

Thanks everyone for the fun. River Family

Updating...

Mission #1

1. Participating:Yes

2. Received Name: Yes(terday)

3. Mission Complete: working in progress

4. Package Received!:

Mission #2

1. Participating:Yes

2. Received Name: Yes(terday)

3. Mission Complete: working in progress

4. Package Received!:

Thanks!!!

Greetings, Martha & Heiko

1. Participating: 10/18/09

2. Received Name: 11/1/09

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Info for me: I am very new to geocoins so I don;t have a seeking list but I would be happy for any. I like animals (marine esp.) Colorado, (my former home) Alaska, and Australia.

Other hobbies and interests include, crafting, cooking, photography. I am not a girly girl, favorite color is black. I live in south Florida so as much as I love chocolate we sometimes have heat waves late in the winter so double bag meltable items. I also like to travel so items from your local area would be cool too!

B) Santa is on his way!!! :)

Mission 1: Sofi

1. Participating: Yes, Email Sent

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Mission 2: Holmbiorn

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Mission 3: New Baby Boy Geocacher - Due in Jan

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Mission 4: Loki and Freya (Cats)

1. Participating: Yes. Email Sent

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

As far as interests go, Sofi collects lions, Holmbiorn likes turtles. We have started collecting monkeys for the boy (his nursery will be jungle themed), and the kitties, well they are kitties they like cat things! We also play in the SCA (a medieval reenactment group) so anything medieval or Viking would be awesome! But we will be happy with whatever is sent, the fun part is putting the presents together for our secret santa's!!

Now off to research and search for their favorite coins! :)

It is helpful to know a bit about the person you are sending a package for. For those new to missions, I also find that reading through old posts of the person you are creating a gift for is helpful (just go to their profile page and click on the link).

For whoever has me, my seeking list is somewhat updated and I just added (in a boring list) on my site, all the new coins I have received lately.

I really enjoy caching but I haven't been able to go out that much because I am pregnant and due in December. I enjoy the outdoors, boating, spending time at my cottage.

Coffee and chocolate are my favourite two things to consume! lol!

I am happy with whatever is sent and I enjoy learning about the person sending the package through their selections. B)

Hope that helps a little...

Tis a lot harder for those of us who received the name of someone that doesn't have a profile. All I got was an age and gender. B)

Maybe it is the kid of someone that has a profile, then I suppose the one with the profile will do as research from.

Like I do for us, I sign the kids up with own "cachernames" though they don´t have their own profile. They get the things/stuff and I get to keep the coin in my lists. :ph34r: If you check on grodan & fiabus keeperlist at geocoincollection.com you see what I mean.

And for the ones that got the missions signed up under grodan & fiabus, I , sorry we, like chocolate and candy :) no allergies.

I have been out shopping today and found some nice things, but I have 2 tough missions, one of them I have not even heard the name of before and it makes no sense with the signed up profile. :)

I have also some trades on for coins that are on the lists for now. Don´t trade!!! :)

grodan Karin

Whoever has me!

I do not have a seeking list as I am happy with any coin I get. There are 1000's of different designs out there that I feel it would be a miracle if I get a double!

I only have about 20 coins and they are not activated so do not show up on my profile (the jury is still out as to whether or not I should activate them even though I will never get rid of them).

I refuse to get old love everything about chritmas and enjoy walking ,camping and crafts.

Sue B)

SANTA #1

1. Participating - Opalsns

2. Received Name - Yes 11/3

3. Mission Complete -

4. Package Received! -

This NASCAR Fan Loves Shaped Coins , Copper Finish Coins , All Personal Coins and Candles

SANTA #2

1. Participating - BubbaBass

2. Received Name - YES ! 11/2

3. Mission Complete -

4. Package Received -

BubbaBass likes Fish Shaped Coins and UnderWater Coins and anything to do with Bass Fishing including Hats and Tshirts - Large -

1. Participating: YES!

2. Received Name: YES!

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Sorry I don't have a trading list-but here are some hints--I really love pirates, snowmen, compass roses & anything with numbers, symbols and shapes on it. I like black nickel, nickel or silver the best, but really love all coins so you can't go wrong with any coin. I am also a huge NASCAR fan-Jeff Gordon is the man. Hopefully this helps

Tis a lot harder for those of us who received the name of someone that doesn't have a profile. All I got was an age and gender. B)

Maybe it is the kid of someone that has a profile, then I suppose the one with the profile will do as research from.

grodan Karin

Thank you so much for your help! I have more details to go by for my mission now! :)

grodan Karin

Thank you so much for your help! I have more details to go by for my mission now! :)

I initially signed up my kids using their real names. They now have cacher names.

Brandon is cachetronaut

Nyomi is Lilly Fairy

Their seeking list is attached to mine (the link is in my signature line).