Changing Password is a Major Pain !

segler999

Why is it so difficult to change my password here?

It directs me over to geocaching.com, where I can successfully change and password and login again.

However, when I come back here to Groundspeak.com, my new password is not accepted.

Can you please fix this already!!

Thanks

segler999

Why is it so difficult to change my password here?

It directs me over to geocaching.com, where I can successfully change and password and login again.

However, when I come back here to Groundspeak.com, my new password is not accepted.

Can you please fix this already!!

Thanks

segler999

Geeze... how often are you changing your password, anyway? I'm still using the password that I chose five years ago.

Critical data on here I am missing, or are you afraid someone might log in and add smileys to you stats? Oh wait, they might log in and post about things you don't want people to know!

Wait, I saw your stats, they are INVISIBLE!! Now I get it, your one of the FANTASTIC FOUR! Of is this a sock puppet account? Cache as one, post as another?

Edited by Bergie Bunch

OK, let's try this again.

All I want to do is change my login password for this forum. How hard can this be?

When I start this, it takes me out to geocaching.com. I have to login there, and change the password there. It works there. I can re-login with the new password there. No problem.

Then I come back here and try to login again with the new password.

No go.

It's been like this for at least 3 years that I know of.

Fix it !!

Exactly right. It does not work.

I have clicked through all the instructions between Groundspeak.com and geocaching.com to update my password on both sites.

Geocaching.com did update my password.

Groundspeak.com requires me to login with my old password. The new password is not being transferred.