Geocaching for BlackBerry?

I have been using my curve 8330(on bell) with cacheberry since I started and am very happy with both!

They have a free 30 day trial at cacheberry.com/ I use it for 7 days then spent the 15 bucks to buy it.

I have been using cacheberry for about a month and a half. Found about 80 caches with it. I just bought the full version of it this weekend. I was on the way for a hunt and found out my trial had run out. There are some really good things that i like about it. One thing i don't like is looking up a cache on the run.... which is where geocachenavigator come in. It has a feature to "find caches near me". This is very useful if you are out of town and want to find a quick cache, but don't have the GPX file downloaded. Both of the programs have pros and cons. I would download and try them both out before you buy either. ... or both.

Another big fan of CacheBerry here. Great for last-minute on-the-fly caches, FTF hunts, etc. You can get the notification e-mail, click the link to go to GC.com, download the GPX which goes right into CacheBerry. You've got the GPS compass (assuming you have an unlocked GPS), you can view in Google Satellite maps, you name it. It's a joy. No financial interest - just a satisfied customer.

Another big fan of CacheBerry here. Great for last-minute on-the-fly caches, FTF hunts, etc. You can get the notification e-mail, click the link to go to GC.com, download the GPX which goes right into CacheBerry. You've got the GPS compass (assuming you have an unlocked GPS), you can view in Google Satellite maps, you name it. It's a joy. No financial interest - just a satisfied customer.

Add me to the list of Cacheberry fans. I've been using it for about 3 months and really rely on it now. Glad I don't have to use my old PDA anymore. I use the GPS function every time I go caching. I sort my caches by location when I get an area I want to cache in. I also love the fieldnotes feature.

One problem that I had was an error message whenever I tried to use the 'Cacheberry Desktop' but the recommended 'SD card' method works fine.

:D Love the Cacheberry application for sure! I have been using it for the last couple months and like the ability to download caches directly from geocaching.com when on the trail. Add the features of field notes, recent logs, hints and the ability to sort in many configurations and it's a winner in my books. It's amlost like sitting in front of my laptop.

Both my Geo wife and I got our BB Bolds at the same time to get new cache alerts and it paid off the first day getting a FTF.

Gecko

So - cacheberry seems like a fan fave; not too many comments on geocachenavigator. Question though - does it link into GC.com? If so, I'm not sure either will work for me - for some reason, if I use my browser app to get into GC.com, I get told the file is too large... I am on Rogers Network in the GTA with 1 gig, I think.

Any recommendations?

Once I sort this out - I think I'll try both: cacheberry & geocachenav.

Thanks guys!

ChiefLemonhead (Judi)

I use cacheberry rarely nowadays, on a GPS-unlocked device I will use Geocache Navigator for "on the fly" caches if for some reason the Oregon isn't loaded up.

It's doesn't 'link to" gc.com in the sense that it doesnt need to bring up a browser page for each cache, it will internally show cache details / maps etc.

I use cacheberry rarely nowadays, on a GPS-unlocked device I will use Geocache Navigator for "on the fly" caches if for some reason the Oregon isn't loaded up.

It's doesn't 'link to" gc.com in the sense that it doesnt need to bring up a browser page for each cache, it will internally show cache details / maps etc.

I have been using Geocache Navigator/Trimble for 2+ months now on my BB Curve 8300. Very Very happy with the application. The ability to read logs, look at hints and log as found has been helpful. I don't know much about cacheberry as I was introduced into this hobby with navigator. Would be interested if anyone had comments about which one is better.

Have been sniffing around at the 60CSx or the 550T as my friends say that a dedicated GPS receiver would make for a better experience. Not sure if I will plunk down the mulla as my BB Curve gets me really really close most of the time. Drunken Bee dance still happens sometimes.

Z in NY