COINTEST: Geocaching Names

BRoKeN W

My husband and I decided it was time to give our children their own geocaching names. Only problem is we have no idea what names to give them. This is where you come in. You come up with some names and list them here. If one of your names is chosen, you win a coin. You even have a chance to win two coins if two of your suggestions are chosen! You are playing to win an unactivated 2009 Groundspeak Lackey and/or Kathy's coin.

Rules:

1. Cointest ends 10/22/09 at midnight (Mountain Standard Time).

2. You can suggest up to three names per kid a day (that's 6 names total per day). They don't have to be listed all at once.

3. No editing your posts.

4. Make sure you identify which kid each name is suggested for.

Here's some info about my children to help you out. Good luck!

Nyomi is 3 years old. She loves playing dress up, playing with her Barbie dolls. Loves the colors purple and pink. She may look like an angel but there are horns holding the halo up. She doesn't mind getting dirty or stomping on bugs.

DSCN0938.jpg

Brandon is 7 years old. He has a vivid imagination. Right now he wants to be an astronomer when he grows up. The amount of knowledge he knows about planets, their moon(s), nebulas, etc. is amazing. He also loves playing baseball. He likes Star Wars, Lego's, Indiana Jones, etc.

DSCN0939.jpg

Edited by BRoKeN W

Great to see they will be getting there own names.

Me and my kids have enjoyed caching with them before and we look foward to the next time.

Brandon took some work to try and find a name that would fit him well.

1. Cosmo W

2. Astro Boy

3. Cosmic Wonderer

Now for the Nyomi.

This may take some time as well.

Brandon:

Hans Sagan or Carl Solo (Hans Solo/ Carl Sagan)

The Hubble-ist

Shuttle Jockey

Nyomi:

Princess Leah (she was a bug stomping dare devil)

Barbie's Revenge

Boo's Buddy (nah, sounds like an alkie in the making)

Edited by Droo

My husband and I decided it was time to give our children their own geocaching names. Only problem is we have no idea what names to give them. This is where you come in. You come up with some names and list them here. If one of your names is chosen, you win a coin. You even have a chance to win two coins if two of your suggestions are chosen! You are playing to win an unactivated 2009 Groundspeak Lackey and/or Kathy's coin.

Rules:

1. Cointest ends 10/22/09 at midnight (Mountain Standard Time).

2. You can suggest up to three names per kid a day (that's 6 names total per day). They don't have to be listed all at once.

3. No editing your posts.

4. Make sure you identify which kid each name is suggested for.

Here's some info about my children to help you out. Good luck!

Nyomi is 3 years old. She loves playing dress up, playing with her Barbie dolls. Loves the colors purple and pink. She may look like an angel but there are horns holding the halo up. She doesn't mind getting dirty or stomping on bugs.

DSCN0938.jpg

Brandon is 7 years old. He has a vivid imagination. Right now he wants to be an astronomer when he grows up. The amount of knowledge he knows about planets, their moon(s), nebulas, etc. is amazing. He also loves playing baseball. He likes Star Wars, Lego's, Indiana Jones, etc.

DSCN0939.jpg

Nyomi ~ Lil Lady Bug

Brandon ~ Future Astronomer

hmmm hard one- i'm thinking they are little so it should be short enough for them to read and sign themselves or fit on a stamp

for Brandon what about a hybrid between his name and the chinese word for 'bright' Ming

MingOn!

the character looks like this

http://www.chinese-tools.com/jdd/public/char/12000/11564.gif

and 'on' is small enough to fit underneath if you want to teach him to carve stamp they are easy

or the website has a cool little caligraphy generator you could make him some stickers

As in english this 'bright' also means clever - shining a path through the dark

I think the character for 'moon' is inside it ( bright and clear like moonlight ) which is why i thought of it for brandon (and it looks a bitlike mingnon which isfrench for 'cute' but maybenot tell himthat?hemight prefer to be ming the merciless.)

I'll think a bitabouta matching one for his sis

first thought is around little angel ( literally small heavenly messenger)

http://chineseculture.about.com/library/sy...littleangel.htm

Tianshi

the character for tian ( tee yan ) heaven is easy to draw, she can do it easy and write SHI underneath in roman characters - nice strong lines it will look good with two little 'horns' in red popped on top!

Edited by forthferalz

Nice idea for a cointest. Your kids are adorable. I didn't get as creative with mine...I call mine Jr Mikal #1 and Jr Mikal #2. They don't have their own accounts yet, so that works for now. Plus Anthony (Jr Mikal #2) is only 15 months old, so he doesn't care. He doesn't even know that he has found some caches and some benchmarks with us!!

My suggestion for Brandon's moniker is "CacheGazer".

For Nyomi, I kind of like "CachePrincess". It is cute, like her.

Nyomi's possibilities:

Muddy Angel

Splashin' Daisy

Wayward Angel

Brandon's possibilities:

Spinning Deimos

Galaxy Trotter

Galactic Explorer

Thanks for the cointest. Those pictures seem to go perfectly with the descriptions :D !

PS - if given the chance see if Brandon can tell you where Deimos comes from :D

PS - if given the chance see if Brandon can tell you where Deimos comes from :D

Brandon says that Deimos is one of Mars' moons.

He would be correct too! Glad to know that our future in astonomy is so secure :rolleyes:

He initially said that he didn't know what Deimos was and then he said "No, wait. Deimos is one of Mars' moons."

:wacko:

PS - if given the chance see if Brandon can tell you where Deimos comes from :rolleyes:

Brandon says that Deimos is one of Mars' moons.

He would be correct too! Glad to know that our future in astonomy is so secure :wacko:

He initially said that he didn't know what Deimos was and then he said "No, wait. Deimos is one of Mars' moons."

:D

Major props to him I do give! (Whispering) I had to do a little research on planets and our solar system, since the only thing I remembered was the little sentence for the planets ... My Very Earthly Mother Just Served Us Nine Pickles ... mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranis, neptune, and pluto. Sadly since they've taken pluto off the planet list I wonder what mom served us now? :D

Major props to him I do give! (Whispering) I had to do a little research on planets and our solar system, since the only thing I remembered was the little sentence for the planets ... My Very Earthly Mother Just Served Us Nine Pickles ... mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranis, neptune, and pluto. Sadly since they've taken pluto off the planet list I wonder what mom served us now? :D

I learned a different sentence ...

Many Very Early Men Jumped Straight Up Near Pluto

Still doesn't work without Pluto...

Keep the names coming! :D I've been compiling a list for each kid with name suggestions and the person who suggested it to make it easier for the kids to choose when the time comes.

Remember you can post up to 3 names per kid each day until midnight (MST) Thursday, October 22, 2009! :D

On a side note: While out caching today Brandon asked me what happens to stars when they die. If I hadn't watched a show on PBS last night that explained what happened when a star dies, I wouldn't have been able to answer it. :( Nyomi of course was stomping on bugs crawling on the ground. :D

Relatively short names are good, quick log sign! And I think that you need names that will grow old nicely. Will a 14 year-old girl like being reminded of her childish cruelties towards bugs? Just a thought...

Suggestions for Nyomi

Omi_cache

Lil'cloud

Miss Pinky

Suggestions for Brandon

Gr8Beyond

Starseeker

Moonnugget