PQ basket

Threefoot

With regular irregularity I visit different areas scattered all over the country. In some cases I have chance to log one or two caches. These areas are not large enough and to many in number to justify several PQ:s. But I want to have them automatically updated. I would like a kind of PQ with handpicked caches. Instead of “send to GPS” I would like a button “add to basket” where my requested caches are collected. They are then processed like an ordinary PQ and mailed as usual. Is this idea something for other fellows cachers?

No use to reinvent the wheel. :D

I agree, no need to reinvent. But the process of bookmarking could sometimes be easier if it would require just one click to bookmark a cache. It would be great, to have something like a quick bookmark function: Additional one click bookmark ability from listing and map view that adds the cache instantly to a predefined (default) bookmark list without the step of specifying the target bookmark list and then navigating back through the browser history.

... and then navigating back through the browser history.

Control-click or shift-click on the cache link in the list to open it in a new window or tab. Then when you're done with that cache, close the window or tab and go back to the original list.

For extra credit, you can also configure your browser to somehow open a tab in the background (on mine its a middle-click) then you can just go down the list and open a bunch of caches in the background, then work through them and add to bookmark as needed.

But the process of bookmarking could sometimes be easier if it would require just one click to bookmark a cache.

Actually, the process of bookmarking a cache is a lot easier than the process of un-bookmarking a cache. The shortest route I have found from a bookmarked cache page to unbookmarking is 3 page loads. It ridiculous that such a common operation is so difficult.

Control-click or shift-click on the cache link in the list to open it in a new window or tab. Then when you're done with that cache, close the window or tab and go back to the original list.

You can do this, but it's still more than one click. At least 3 clicks: Open the new tab, click submit, close the tab. With a little help of AJAX this could be easily done with one click.

But the process of bookmarking could sometimes be easier if it would require just one click to bookmark a cache.

Actually, the process of bookmarking a cache is a lot easier than the process of un-bookmarking a cache. The shortest route I have found from a bookmarked cache page to unbookmarking is 3 page loads. It ridiculous that such a common operation is so difficult.

At the bottom of every bookmark list page is a 'bulk delete' button.

If you check the box next to the caches you want to delete, and hit the 'bulk delete' button, you are taken to a confirmation page. Click 'yes', and ALL the selected caches are deleted in one fell swoop.

Yes, that does take three page loads, but I can't see how it could be made any more effective, yet mistake-proof.

Yes, that does take three page loads, but I can't see how it could be made any more effective, yet mistake-proof.

If you'll read what I said again, you will see that I was referring to deleting a bookmark from the cache page.

Deleting from the bookmark list is, in my case, even more difficult since the bookmark list contains several hundred caches.

And yes, I now eagerly await your post about how somehow I shouldn't be using bookmarks that way because you don't.

If you'll read what I said again, you will see that I was referring to deleting a bookmark from the cache page.

Deleting from the bookmark list is, in my case, even more difficult since the bookmark list contains several hundred caches.

And yes, I now eagerly await your post about how somehow I shouldn't be using bookmarks that way because you don't.

You really should have your own late-night TV show! :smile: