Where to stay in Wenatchee

W7WT

We are planning on spending a couple of days geocaching in Wenatchee. Last time we stayed in our little RV in the State Park and I rode my scooter around geocaching. Looks like Wenatchee has the kind of caches I am limited to. I am sure I will be having my aortic valve replaced in a few months. My cardiologist says to let my body be my guide on what I can do, but to do nothing to strain my heart. We have stayed at The Village Inn in Cashmere this summer and it was in a pleasant neighborhood, clean and reasonable. We are recession babys and hate to spend a lot of money. I don't want to end up in a bad area. We don't care about

a swimming pool, bar etc. We just want to have an enjoyable place to stay. Would like to keep the cost under $100. Would appreciate suggestions on a place to stay. Wireless internet, frig and microwave would be nice. Thanks Dick, W7WT

Edited by W7WT

Dick,

I've stayed often at the La Quinta and the Comfort Inn in Wenatchee. Both are pleasant, clean and comfortable, and offer a hearty breakfast buffet with lots of choices. The Comfort Inn has been recently renovated, but the La Quinta is still very nice (and my first choice of the two if their rates are comparable).

Don't forget that the Comfort Inn chain offers an extra discount for AARP members, lower than any of their published rates. You can probably get that rate by phoning in to make your reservation -- otherwise it's very well hidden on their website. I can give you step-by-step details on where it is if you need it...just let me know.

Enjoy your trip to Wenatchee,

Laurie

Dick,

I've stayed often at the La Quinta and the Comfort Inn in Wenatchee. Both are pleasant, clean and comfortable, and offer a hearty breakfast buffet with lots of choices. The Comfort Inn has been recently renovated, but the La Quinta is still very nice (and my first choice of the two if their rates are comparable).

Don't forget that the Comfort Inn chain offers an extra discount for AARP members, lower than any of their published rates. You can probably get that rate by phoning in to make your reservation -- otherwise it's very well hidden on their website. I can give you step-by-step details on where it is if you need it...just let me know.

Enjoy your trip to Wenatchee,

Laurie

I second those choices. The La Quinta in Wenatchee was great both times I stayed there. And the Choice Hotels (Comfort Inn) are nice and offer some good deals for Seniors and AAA members (same discount, usually). I think we need to campaign for the Choice chain to buy La Quinta; then we'd get points for staying there. :ph34r:

Thanks to all of you, it helps me to narrow it down. I have 60 caches loaded on the GPSs, not that we will get around to looking for all of them. Since we will be waiting for a couple of good days, I will have plenty of time to check into the ones you suggested. I don't belong to AARP but do belong to AAA. I notice that many of the motels give the same discount for Senior as AARP or AAA. Thank you. Dick and Arlene

Thanks to all of you, it helps me to narrow it down. I have 60 caches loaded on the GPSs, not that we will get around to looking for all of them. Since we will be waiting for a couple of good days, I will have plenty of time to check into the ones you suggested. I don't belong to AARP but do belong to AAA. I notice that many of the motels give the same discount for Senior as AARP or AAA. Thank you. Dick and Arlene

For future reference, the Choice Hotels give an additional 5% discount for AARP members, below their Senior/AAA/Best Rate that is published. You just have to know where to find it if you are making your own reservation online -- as I said, it is well hidden.

The savings from one night's stay usually pays for a year's AARP membership.

For what it's worth, at the Wenatchee Cache Machine in April 205, we got the Red Lion for $46 a night. Some people gave it bad reviews (before our visit), but I didn't have any problems. Thread here. My note there says that two days cost me a total of $120, which I assume included taxes.

A search at BetterBidding.com shows that people have been getting the Red Lion for $45-$55 and the Clarion for $42-$45.

We are planning on spending a couple of days geocaching in Wenatchee. Last time we stayed in our little RV in the State Park and I rode my scooter around geocaching. Looks like Wenatchee has the kind of caches I am limited to. I am sure I will be having my aortic valve replaced in a few months. My cardiologist says to let my body be my guide on what I can do, but to do nothing to strain my heart. We have stayed at The Village Inn in Cashmere this summer and it was in a pleasant neighborhood, clean and reasonable. We are recession babys and hate to spend a lot of money. I don't want to end up in a bad area. We don't care about

a swimming pool, bar etc. We just want to have an enjoyable place to stay. Would like to keep the cost under $100. Would appreciate suggestions on a place to stay. Wireless internet, frig and microwave would be nice. Thanks Dick, W7WT

I usually stay at Ambrosia's house, but that offer might not be open to everyone... :ph34r:

However, for the CM in '05, I was at the LQ and enjoyed it.

Have fun!

We have decided on the La Quinta. With the AAA discount they are showing $66.60 a night. The weather looks OK, so we will go to Wenatchee on Sunday and leave on Tuesday. I will call and make reservations as soon as Arlene gets up and says those dates are OK.

Thanks to all of you for your input. Dick and Arlene

We have decided on the La Quinta. With the AAA discount they are showing $66.60 a night. The weather looks OK, so we will go to Wenatchee on Sunday and leave on Tuesday. I will call and make reservations as soon as Arlene gets up and says those dates are OK.

Thanks to all of you for your input. Dick and Arlene

Enjoy your trip, Dick! By the way, the La Quinta rooms all have a microwave, refrigerator, and WIFI.

We are now back home in Bremerton after three days in Wenatchee. With all the fall colors and warm weather, Wenatchee was a beautiful city to geocache in. We enjoyed our stay at the La Quinta. The breakfast was great. We did OK geocaching. Our biggest problem was finding the site. The one way streets and construction drove our Routing GPS (and us) nuts. Many times we were on the other side of the fence from the cache. The trail system is a wonderful thing but being restricted on just how much I can hike limited us. Thanks to all for the great suggestions and thanks to all the wonderful geocachers in Wenatchee.

Dick and Arlene