Mailing Labels on Logs

Ive notices a few logs that people have signed with custom mailing lables or stickers.

Anyone know where they ordered these from or do people make them their selves?

Thanks

Tom

You can buy blank labels and print your own. I've got a "Label Maker" that I use to create custom address label. Avery makes lost of different sizes that can be used with a basic ink jet printer. It takes a few minutes format an image with the text you want but once that's done you can print 30 labels at a time.

I used labels for a short while a few years ago; ordered them online from Artistic Labels. But like others have commented, I found them too big for many logs, plus they kept coming off their backing in my pocket and sticking to each other and everything else. :ph34r: And I think ink stamps are kinda cumbersome, they bleed, and sometimes also take up too much space. So now my illegible chicken scratch suffices, although I try to be a little different by using colored pens.

.... I find that ink stamps tend to run very easily...

Yeah you're probably right. Still, I would like something better than my normal chicken scratch.

I WANT to see your own normal chicken-scratch on my logsheet.

Please, no crummy stickers.

Okay, but I'll be scratching it in with a blue pen. :ph34r:

Edited by BlueDeuce

.... I find that ink stamps tend to run very easily...

Yeah you're probably right. Still, I would like something better than my normal chicken scratch.

I WANT to see your own normal chicken-scratch on my logsheet.

Please, no crummy stickers.

I like personalized stickers. I think they're creative. I keep the full logbooks from our cache hides (since 2002) and don't recall problems with stickers that don't stick. Anyway, stickers that fall out are no more bothersome then signature cards or wooden nickel signature items, and other signature items. All part of the fun for cache finders and hiders.

Beats the current trend of just a trailname and date in the logbook. At least stickers have a photo of the cachers or a photo of their mascot (usually a well loved dog) or a personalized team signature image.

Ok im convinced Ill stay with regular pen and paper. I just thought it was a good idea at the time.

Well, don't dismiss it outright just because some cachers don't like it.

Think about why you want to do it. Be prepared not to be able to use it. Is it to personalize the log? Is it for ease? Will it be easier to take out a pad of stickers, peel one off, and stick it to a logsheet? Or is it easier to pull out a pen (retractable - they're faster than pulling off a cap) and scribble? Remember you'll probably want to date the sticker as well. You could do it before you start, if you're prepared to waste a few.

Stickers are more practical for some of us. I've been using stickers for years, mainly because I find it very difficult to write legibly under usual caching circumstances (i.e., crouched on the ground without a good, flat writing surface).

I'll squeeze my scribblings onto the smaller log sheets, of course, or ones that I think will get wet or mangled...but in general, it's still easier for me, personally, to just put a sticker on the log book.

I've never quite seen the point of putting dates on stickers, either; I used to do it, but then I realized that, hey, the cache page will show when I was there anyway.

If I want to write at length about my experience, it'll be on my online log where I can type to my heart's content.

I like personalized stickers. I think they're creative. I keep the full logbooks from our cache hides (since 2002) and don't recall problems with stickers that don't stick. Anyway, stickers that fall out are no more bothersome then signature cards or wooden nickel signature items, and other signature items. All part of the fun for cache finders and hiders.

Beats the current trend of just a trailname and date in the logbook. At least stickers have a photo of the cachers or a photo of their mascot (usually a well loved dog) or a personalized team signature image.

I have no problem with stamps or stickers on logs big enough to support them.

But, they (stickers) do tend to fall off and get lost. If I were fastidious about reconciling my physical log with the online logs, yours would be deleted.

Cards and/or other tokens should never substitute for a signature on the logsheet.

Perhaps the current trend of only writing the date and your 'trailname' is a function of the current level of micro-spew, where nothing more is possible?

I have seen PLENTY of stickers with nothing more than the finder's 'trailname', but they took up six lines on the logsheet.

If the sticker is well done and customized, see lines one and two.